1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Macrochip and Logic Upgrades V4.11

Virtual Circuitry

1. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool, I'm glad my suggestion helped. I'll grab the update and give it a try as soon as I can.

2. Zoomah

Zoomah Big Damn Hero

I found a minor bug... the Remote Inputs send their signal inverted to the macrochip, not a biggie, since you can invert it internally, but for logic reasons... you know ;)

3. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

Oops, well spotted. Found and fixed for next update. :)

4. Zoomah

Zoomah Big Damn Hero

oops... another thing: You can't edit the name of the remotes either... i get the dialog window with a textbox, but i can't type into it

5. Storm_UK

Yep thats just a placeholder for present.

6. Zoomah

Zoomah Big Damn Hero

Hmmm... just tried to expand my wiring a little more, by adding another Remote Input, but i can't toggle the macrochip component to use the new input

PS: Same goes for remote outputs... only the first one is selectable

7. Storm_UK

[+] [-] whilst in inspect mode over a placed remote component should cycle through those detected/available (not whilst you are placing one, though of course that functionality will be added when I work more on the remotes.) I don't seem to have any problems with Macrochips detecting newly placed remotes.

8. Zoomah

Zoomah Big Damn Hero

Okay... confirmed... problem is, only [+] and [-] on the numpad work for the german keyboard layout... maybe [,] and [.] or just right-click and shift+right-click would be a better choice... not sure there...

Thank you anyways :)

PS: After comparing German and English layout and testing again... yes, the 2 keys next to backspace work, but aren't mapped as [+] and [-] on the german Keyboard... [,] and [.] are a safer choice

9. Storm_UK

(Shift+)Right-click added for next update as that fits with the Main input/output node components as well, including ability to cycle thru names on remotes during the placing phase, alongside a few other additions, such as moving the intermediary wire nodes of a wire and labels. Want to get the renaming ability sorted before its release though. :)

10. Zoomah

Zoomah Big Damn Hero

hehe... can't wait ;)

11. Storm_UK

Storm_UK updated Macrochip (Stable - Glad Giraffe) with a new update entry:

Version 1.4 Glad Giraffe

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Storm_UK

13. DDrazard

DDrazard Starship Captain

Sorry to being stupid, but I really don't know that this mod add. Label and other vocabular of the informatic or wiring is unknown of me and I want to know what is it before to download it. Someone have enough time to explain me?

14. Storm_UK

The mod is mainly intended to reduce the amount of space required by more complicated wiring that can be made with multiple vanilla Starbound objects (a limited series of logic gates) by allowing the player to create circuits within one main object. The Macrochip has a complete series of logic gates and a number of other available electronic components that can be used to build a circuit.

Having the circuit available all in one place should make it easier to change too, rather than having to run about various objects, rewiring lots of differing object nodes about an area.

The mod also adds the remaining logic gate objects to complement the existing vanilla ones, and a few other objects, for those interested in wiring.

A small example for wiring with remote nodes, timer delays and lighting:

macrochipremotes.gif

15. DDrazard

Ok, I see. It is like a build your items for wiring specification, right?

16. Storm_UK

It should assist with and simplify wiring that would take a lot of space with circuits constructed within one object, which you can label, test and modify from that one point.

17. DDrazard

Interesting. Now I understand. Thanks for your time and your patience good sir.

18. taramul

taramul Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there. I found a bug, causes client crash if a macrochip is placed while a remote input/output blip is already present within detection range (actual crash only happens at macrochip interaction, but code fault happens at place time).

Here's a fix:
    Code:
    remotenodes.lua : line 24
    change  "    for id in ipairs(checkOutput) do"
    to  "    for id in ipairs(checkInput) do"
    (found it while extending the detection range, turns out there is SOME remote output within the new detection range that I missed. grmpf.)

Thanks for the great mod, this is exactly what I need! Now if only there was a convenient way to copy existing chip designs onto blank copies... :casper:

19. Storm_UK

Thanks taramul, I'll update with that fix shortly.

20. Storm_UK