1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Macrochip and Logic Upgrades V4.11

Virtual Circuitry

1. Blazer1246

Blazer1246 Big Damn Hero

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  2. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

Code:
    [10:14:33.688] [Info] Client Version 1.2.2 (windows i386) Source ID: 8656b8d30f3e41248de5868d2168c96962fbf6b2 Protocol: 729
    You need to update to the latest version of Starbound itself. :)

3. Blazer1246

Blazer1246 Big Damn Hero

ok. Where can i get the latest update?

4. Storm_UK

5. Blazer1246

Blazer1246 Big Damn Hero

ok got it.
    so i want V3.54.7 ?

6. Storm_UK

Yep which should be compatible with your current Starbound. If you want the latest 1.3 Starbound (with new space stations and mechs and other changes) its available off Steam at https://www.humblebundle.com/store/starbound too.

7. Blazer1246

Blazer1246 Big Damn Hero

ok thx! i think i might be able to get my starbound to version 1.3. thx again for the help!

8. Blazer1246

Blazer1246 Big Damn Hero

...derp... still not working. is version V3.54.7 for 1.2.3 or 1.2.2

9. Storm_UK

10. Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

I vote that this mod be added to vanilla. This is too good NOT to have.

Codepuppy likes this.
  11. Codepuppy

Codepuppy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh. my. gosh. It finally happened, someone made circuits-in-components!! 8'D
    I'd thought of this (idk if I officially suggested it or not) years ago!
    This one single mod will make Starbound almost as much relatively more fun as it is absolutely 8'>

The oooooonly liiiiiiiiiittle thing I'd love to see (and I know it's a big deal, so feel free not to implement it)
    Is the thing that would make this as much more useful than this, as this is to Starbound, but with massively less work since you've already done most of it! :D

Nested Circuits

Ie, build your own advanced components! : DD
    So you can build DRAM and Flip-Flops and Demultiplexers and Counters and etc.c.c. yourself and build up a library of your own components! : DD
    Although they probably would all just appear as rectangles with text :rofl:, but that's fine! :DD
    (But if you did add the ability to use at least preset images, then this would also shrink the mod by not needing to hard-code (and debug!) all those advanced components; they could just be some prebundled custom components :) )
    (And also, people could look inside the advanced components to see how they work and learn! : DD )
    (But since you already went to that trouble and the palette is nice and graphical, you probably want to leave them in; also for some performance reasons perhaps?, depending on how it's coded)

(P.S. I definitely volunteer to make and test the prebundled library if you implemented that and wanted me to! :DD )
    (We might have to have a way of importing/exporting the circuits to files or at least getting them out of the game (copy and paste some base64 blob?) to do that though! Which would be a really great feature on its own as well! :DD )

This is just seriously the best thing to happen in Starbound imo, thank you so much!! :")

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Nate McCloud likes this.
  12. Codepuppy

Codepuppy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

(oh also, what does "Gray Nodes" in the settings for a macrochip do? I can't see the effect and can't find it in the help manual ^^' )

13. Storm_UK

I don't think nested circuits are likely unfortunately, without some serious script additions and headscratching. Build-your-own components, hmm maybe, but again will need quite a bit of work and hopefully I have included enough components for present. :)

When ejecting a datastick with Alt+E, it will also write the spawnitem command needed to create that datastick to your starbound.log file, so copy/paste from that can be used to 'export/import' the circuit.

The gray nodes refer to the non-component nodes at points of a wire when laying the wire between components. You can branch new wires from/to these nodes as well.

14. Storm_UK

Storm_UK updated Macrochip and Logic Upgrades with a new update entry:

Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. Storm_UK

16. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

After the latest update, you're throwing these errors in the log:

[00:24:08.271] [Error] Could not load image asset '/objects/wired/chips/megamacrochip/megamacrochiplit.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/wired/chips/megamacrochip/megamacrochiplit.png'

[00:24:08.271] [Error] Could not load image asset '/objects/wired/chips/megamacrochip/megamacrochiplit.png:defaultright', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/wired/chips/megamacrochip/megamacrochiplit.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/wired/chips/megamacrochip/megamacrochiplit.png:defaultright'

[00:24:09.576] [Error] Could not load image asset '/objects/wired/chips/megamacrochip/megamacrochiplit.png:avalileft', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/wired/chips/megamacrochip/megamacrochiplit.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/wired/chips/megamacrochip/megamacrochiplit.png:avalileft'

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  17. Storm_UK

jje64 likes this.
  18. Jonmcbane

Jonmcbane Void-Bound Voyager

I just saw the new mod update with more components and a new Astro cabinet skin, but the ALU component has instructions
    such as an "overscore" that means "Not", but that doesn't quite make sense, because come instructions are adding that, so it looks like it says
    "Not A + Not B" which I don't understand. Could you clarify that please? Thanks.

19. Storm_UK

Sure. I'll show the ALU table here for reference.

[​IMG]

The logic expression symbols used in the table + for Or, ⊕ for Xor, and overscoring for Not.
    AB represents A And B.

Not inverts the binary values, so the overscored A + B for the Logic Function from S3-S0 LLLH on the second line above is effectively "Not ( A Or B )" or "A Nor B"
    So if A = 0101 and B = 0110, each binary digit in A would be Nor'd with the corresponding binary digit in B, resulting in 1000.

For the HHLH Logic Function near the bottom, A + overscored B is shorthand for A Or ( Not B )
    so if A = 0101 and B = 0110, in that case you would have 0101 Or'd with 1001, returning 1101.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  20. Storm_UK