Mac Save File Location?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NerdyKirdy, Jul 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NerdyKirdy

NerdyKirdy Poptop Tamer

Hey everyone! So I was previously playing the game through Wineskin - and now that I can play it on my Mac I bought it on Steam and been playing it on there! I started a new game because I was impatient... but now I've done a ton of digging and still can't find the save data location for the mac version of the game. I've made my backup of my wineskin save (100+ hours), and I don't want to lose it.

Anyone know where it is I manually copy and paste the wineskin save to the steam one so I can play my old game?

• TiberiusEsuriens

TiberiusEsuriens Space Hobo

Yes! The folder is not difficult to get to, but it is by default Hidden. Hidden Folders cannot be seen or clicked on in the Finder, but we can open them anyways. The easiest way to get to it is:

1. Open the Terminal. (you can Spotlight search "terminal" and hit Enter to open this) This is just a basic text prompt to give your Mac commands.
      2. The bottom text line should read something like "mac-LAPTOP~ myusername$". at the end of that just type "open .config" and hit Enter.
      3. A new Finder window should pop up of the Hidden .config folder! There should be a subfolder titled StardewValley, and inside that Saves. Drag-and-Drop any save games here.
      4. Open the game and you should see your save game in the load screen. Play the game!

I only know this because I just went through the same trouble looking it up :) Hopefully this will help others, too.

NerdyKirdy and eemie like this.
      • NerdyKirdy

NerdyKirdy Poptop Tamer

Thank you so so much! Finally was able to find it - I appreciate the help so much, I'm so relieved! I also hope others find this just as helpful as I did :)

• samanthajane83

samanthajane83 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey.. sorry to reopen this post, but I'm finding limited information.. I found the .config file... but no SV file????? Any other advice??

• LeelooMultipass

LeelooMultipass Intergalactic Tourist

Select the Finder and under the "Go" menu at the top choose "Go to Folder...", paste in ~/.config/StardewValley/Saves and press enter. That should open a new Finder window containing a folder for each save.