Mac OSX Wineskin Attempts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soshta, Feb 27, 2016.

1. telgalad

telgalad Aquatic Astronaut

@KnightBaron I could kiss you. Started over from scratch, followed your directs and it still failed... Turns out it was failing because I added the moddingapi as a game in steam and tried to launch it like that. I had wine open the modding api directly which resolved the issue and the mods work perfectly. Thank you very much!!!

@DandoCalrissian I recomend adding @KnightBaron 's work to page one since I know a lot of people looking to get everything running on mac and STORM/SMAPI is a big part of that. I will test out storm some other night...

• Xzayler

Xzayler Yeah, You!

@DandoCalrissian I just made an account just to thank you guys. Thank you so much! I bought this game on GOG and I was so excited I didn't notice that this was for Windows only! Thanks to you guys I can now play this game on Mac too :D

• diav

diav Void-Bound Voyager

Are you running StardewModdingAPI.exe directly from wine? Or did you manage to get Steam to launch the exe? (The reason I ask is because I also want to get the Steam achievements while I'm playing with the mods enabled.)

• Mesonyx

Mesonyx Void-Bound Voyager

Saw a few people post questions about getting an X-Box controller working with the wrapper, so I figured I'd post here.

I actually created a step-by-step guide (with help from an extremely patient Reddit user) on the process that got my controller working inside Dando's awesome Stardew Valley Mac wrapper!

Guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/49hixp/wineskin_wrapper_for_the_mac/d0xlly9

If you're trying to get an X-Box controller working with this wrapper and this guide works for you, please let me know!!!

• telgalad

telgalad Aquatic Astronaut

@diav I launched the api directly with wine, never could get steam to open it.

• KnightBaron

KnightBaron Space Hobo

@diav Yes, I launched StardewModdingAPI.exe directly from wineskin. Also checked "Use Start.exe". Tried adding StardewModdingAPI.exe as an external game and launch it through Steam but it didn't work. Also tried launching StardewModdingAPI.exe and Steam.exe together with a BAT script but also didn't work.

• grAND1337

grAND1337 Space Hobo

Thank you!! After trying to get my own wrapper to work for hours I downloaded your wrapper and now it works!!! Confirming it works with MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015, with Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB. Running the game in fullscreen and sound and everything (using the steam version). :-D

DandoCalrissian likes this.
                • elebuu

elebuu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mine works beautifully in Wine. :3

DandoCalrissian likes this.
                  • jeregrine

jeregrine Void-Bound Voyager

Alright so I've updated my instructions with help from someone who knows how brew works better than I. This is for the STEAM Stardew Valley and should be way less work.

Notes: This is provided as-is with no promises. If this borks your computer it's on you, if it messes up existing wine install's thats on you. This is what did it on my machine and it worked.

Pre-requisites
                    Install http://brew.sh/, experience with using a command line, a tough mental attitude and a sense of curiosity.

Run the following steps in Terminal.app

Steps

Once wine and wine tricks are installed run this command

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 winecfg
                    WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 winetricks xact xna40 steam​

If you have an issue with xna just click ok. If it errors about audio just run the above command again.

PLEASE NOTE: you may need to run the previous winetricks command multiple times until it installs all of the things.

IF you get an error that says steam failed to SHA1SUM then you will need to download steam setup.exe directly from the steam powered website.

Download this file in a web browser: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/installer/SteamSetup.exe

Then run this command

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine ~/Downloads/SteamSetup.exe​

At this point you should have a Steam Window, login and start the install of Stardew.

PLEASE NOTE: You may see errors and various windows wizards. Just hit next or accept every time. It doesn't appear to be an issue.

From here you SHOULD be able to start stardew and play it! Next time you want to boot up steam you will need to run the following command:

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine ~/.wine32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/Steam.exe​

If you want to make a shortcut you'll need to use automator's RUN COMMAND option with the above.

But just run this in terminal to boot up steam.

ENJOY!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
                      elebuu and mikep like this.
                    • BambiHunting

BambiHunting Space Hobo

I'm having the same issue, maybe it is because of the AMD graphics card.

• mikep

mikep Space Hobo

Ok, first thanks for the instructions, with some changes they worked for me!

Following @jeregrine I had the dreaded "no graphical device" error. However, I did see that the

brew install winetricks​

reinstalled wine, but version 1.8.1.

What I did was the steps above, and then:

And this ensured I had 1.8.0 reinstalled, from source, with the necessary dxdriver patch and now the game runs on MacBook Pro 15inch without external graphics.

One other problem I had was that referencing SteamSetup.exe and later the Steam.exe with a path did not work for me. I had to:

cd ~/Downloads
                        WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine SteamSetup.exe
                        and

cd ~/.wine32/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam
                        WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine Steam.exe
                        No idea why, but that worked for me.

Once again, thanks for the hints!

• alex hornak

alex hornak Void-Bound Voyager

This is tutorial how to download stardew valley :) and links are for wrapper and stardew installer are in description on youtube

• Ryanbarker0

Ryanbarker0 Space Hobo

Hey guys. Thank you very much for the wineskin! I got it all working on my mac through steam. I played for about 2 hours, it said it had saved etc, experienced no problems. I exited the game and when I have just gone to play it again, I click on load and it says "no saved games found". Can anyone help? I don't want to put in a lot of time and then it not save again!!

EDIT: Have just tried to start a new game and have no got this error -

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 18.34.29.png

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
                            • alex hornak

alex hornak Void-Bound Voyager

just look on my video installation stardew valley and it will all work

• TwinDiaper

TwinDiaper Void-Bound Voyager

I used BOOTCAMP to install a clean version of Windows 7 Ultimate and ran SDV from there!

• Creacube

Creacube Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Somehow it doesn't work for me...
                                  I did everything in Getting your wrapper prepared, I've installed Steam with the Install Software Button but Steam starts, updates itself (with the little progress bar) install the update, then restart, updates and just closes itself, without letting me actually sign up or anything. So I can't install Stardew Valley :/
                                  Anyone knows why?
                                  Thx :3
                                  (Btw it gives me this message : )
                                  "No new executables found!

Maybe the installer failed...?

If you tried to install somewhere other than C: drive (drive_c in the wrapper) then you will get this message too. All software must be installed in C: drive."

fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32" failed to start: 1053
                                  fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0 stub
                                  fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
                                  fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32" failed to start: 1053
                                  fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x33e4e0 0x0): stub
                                  fixme:process:processIdToSessionId Unsupported for other processes.
                                  fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl ignoring keepalive interval
                                  fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl ignoring keepalive interval
                                  fixme:advapi:EventRegister {47a9201e-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361bc6f}, 0x3f0069d0, 0x3f040cf8, 0x3f040cf0
                                  fixme:advapi:EventRegister {58a9201e-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361bc70}, 0x3f0069d0, 0x3f040d30, 0x3f040d28
                                  fixme:advapi:EventRegister {3fa9201e-73b0-43fe-9821-7e145359bc6f}, 0x3f0069d0, 0x3f040cc0, 0x3f040cb8
                                  fixme:advapi:EventRegister {1432afee-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361b433}, 0x3f0069d0, 0x3f040d68, 0x3f040d60
                                  fixme:advapi:EventRegister {4372afee-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361b519}, 0x3f0069d0, 0x3f040da0, 0x3f040d98
                                  fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000100, 00000000): partial stub.
                                  fixme:imm:ImmGetOpenStatus (0xde42c8): semi-stub
                                  fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x33e390 0x0): stub
                                  fixme:dwrite:get_name_record_codepage encoding 10 not handled, platform 3.
                                  fixme:dwrite:get_name_record_locale failed to get locale name for lcid=0x00000480
                                  fixme:dwrite:get_name_record_locale failed to get locale name for lcid=0x00000480
                                  err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
                                  fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x110000 0 0x33fd1c 4 stub
                                  fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (3): stub
                                  fixme:advapi:EventRegister {d2d578d9-2936-45b6-a09f-30e32715f42d}, 0x100de000, 0x12e0b680, 0x12f6acb0
                                  fixme:imm:ImmDisableTextFrameService Stub
                                  fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 56, 0x33f824, 0x0 0x33f828
                                  fixme:winsock:WSALookupServiceBeginW (0x33f538 0x00000ff0 0x33f574) Stub!
                                  [0624/014729:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(170)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 8
                                  fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x33f6b8, overlapped 0x19a444): stub
                                  [0624/014729:ERROR:dns_config_service_win.cc(584)] DNS registry watch failed to start.
                                  fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x100a4, filter=0x33f68c,flags=0x00000000) returns a fake device notification handle!
                                  fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x100a4, filter=0x33f68c,flags=0x00000000) returns a fake device notification handle!
                                  fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f194,0x00000000), stub!
                                  fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x30bec14 0x0): stub
                                  fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x33fbb0 0x0): stub
                                  err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
                                  fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x31e430 0x0): stub
                                  fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationA (hwnd=0x500b0, filter=0xdd1f158,flags=0x00000004) returns a fake device notification handle!
                                  fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
                                  fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 0x48542ab0, 0x49c9bf8, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 0x0, 0x00000000
                                  fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 0x48542ab0
                                  fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
                                  fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 0x48542ab0, 0x49c9bf8, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 0x0, 0x00000000
                                  fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 0x48542ab0
                                  fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
                                  fixme:wbemprox:enum_class_object_Next timeout not supported
                                  fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
                                  err = 1 /Applications/buildAgent/work/c8f18b6f52794c08/source/RazerKraken7.1ChromaAudio/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO_Mac/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/mach_override.c:243
                                  err = 1 /Applications/buildAgent/work/c8f18b6f52794c08/source/RazerKraken7.1ChromaAudio/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO_Mac/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/mach_override.c:257
                                  err = 1 /Applications/buildAgent/work/c8f18b6f52794c08/source/RazerKraken7.1ChromaAudio/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO_Mac/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/mach_override.c:262
                                  Assertion failed: (!err), function New_PlugIn, file /Applications/buildAgent/work/c8f18b6f52794c08/source/RazerKraken7.1ChromaAudio/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO_Mac/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/APO_PlugIn.mm, line 1708.
                                  fixme:advapi:EventRegister {47a9201e-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361bc6f}, 0x3f0069d0, 0x3f040cf8, 0x3f040cf0
                                  fixme:advapi:EventRegister {58a9201e-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361bc70}, 0x3f0069d0, 0x3f040d30, 0x3f040d28
                                  fixme:advapi:EventRegister {3fa9201e-73b0-43fe-9821-7e145359bc6f}, 0x3f0069d0, 0x3f040cc0, 0x3f040cb8
                                  fixme:advapi:EventRegister {1432afee-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361b433}, 0x3f0069d0, 0x3f040d68, 0x3f040d60
                                  fixme:advapi:EventRegister {4372afee-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361b519}, 0x3f0069d0, 0x3f040da0, 0x3f040d98
                                  fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x33f064 0x0): stub
                                  fixme:advapi:EventUnregister deadbeef: stub
                                  fixme:win:UnregisterDeviceNotification (handle=0xcafeaffe), STUB!
                                  fixme:win:UnregisterDeviceNotification (handle=0xcafeaffe), STUB!
                                  fixme:iphlpapi:CancelIPChangeNotify (overlapped 0x19a444): stub
                                  fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x33f064 0x0): stub

WineskinX11: main(): argc=12
                                  Waiting for startup parameters via Mach IPC.
                                  WineskinX11: do_start_x11_server(): argc=12
                                  Attempting to use pixel depth of 24
                                  [1404436.176] WineskinX11 starting:
                                  [1404436.176] X.Org X Server 1.13.0
                                  [1404436.176] Build Date: 20120921
                                  [1404436.176] _XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created.
                                  [1404436.179] Initializing built-in extension Generic Event Extension
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension SHAPE
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension XTEST
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension BIG-REQUESTS
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension SYNC
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension XC-MISC
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension PseudoramiX
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension XFIXES
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension RENDER
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension RANDR
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension RECORD
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension X-Resource
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension XVideo
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
                                  [1404436.180] Initializing built-in extension GLX
                                  [1404436.180] x: 1440, y: 0, w: 2560, h: 1417
                                  [1404436.180] x: 0, y: 398, w: 1440, h: 900
                                  [1404436.198] (II) GLX: Initialized Core OpenGL GL provider for screen 0
                                  [1404436.381] noPseudoramiXExtension=0, pseudoramiXNumScreens=2
                                  [1404438.575] noPseudoramiXExtension=0, pseudoramiXNumScreens=2
                                  [1404438.578] noPseudoramiXExtension=0, pseudoramiXNumScreens=2
                                  [1404438.677] noPseudoramiXExtension=0, pseudoramiXNumScreens=2
                                  [1404438.694] noPseudoramiXExtension=0, pseudoramiXNumScreens=2
                                  [1404438.780] noPseudoramiXExtension=0, pseudoramiXNumScreens=2
                                  [1404438.841] noPseudoramiXExtension=0, pseudoramiXNumScreens=2
                                  [1404438.939] noPseudoramiXExtension=0, pseudoramiXNumScreens=2
                                  [1404439.974] noPseudoramiXExtension=0, pseudoramiXNumScreens=2
                                  Engine Used: DandoDew-v1.2.3
                                  Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
                                  Model Identifier: MacBookPro12,1
                                  Processor Name: Intel Core i5
                                  Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
                                  Number of Processors: 1
                                  Total Number of Cores: 2
                                  L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
                                  L3 Cache: 3 MB
                                  Memory: 16 GB
                                  Boot ROM Version: MBP121.0167.B07
                                  SMC Version (system): 2.28f7

Graphics/Displays:

Intel Iris Graphics 6100:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris Graphics 6100
                                  Type: GPU
                                  Bus: Built-In
                                  VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
                                  Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
                                  Device ID: 0x162b
                                  Revision ID: 0x0009
                                  Displays:
                                  Color LCD:
                                  Display Type: Retina LCD
                                  Resolution: 2560 x 1600 Retina
                                  Retina: Yes
                                  Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
                                  Mirror: Off
                                  Online: Yes
                                  Built-In: Yes
                                  Thunderbolt Display:
                                  Display Type: LCD
                                  Resolution: 2560 x 1440
                                  Display Serial Number: DCPNL066F2GC
                                  Main Display: Yes
                                  Rotation: Supported
                                  Connection Type: DisplayPort

Engine Used: DandoDew-v1.2.4
                                  Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Graphics/Displays:

Displays:
                                  Color LCD:

Engine Used: DandoDew-v1.2.5
                                  Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Graphics/Displays:

Displays:
                                  Color LCD:
                                  Thunderbolt Display:

Engine Used: DandoDew-v1.3
                                  Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Graphics/Displays:

Displays:
                                  Color LCD:
                                  Thunderbolt Display:

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3
                                  Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
                                  Processor Speed: 2,8 GHz
                                  L2 Cache: 6 MB
                                  Memory: 8 GB
                                  Bus Speed: 1,07 GHz
                                  Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03
                                  SMC Version (system): 1.48f2
                                  Sudden Motion Sensor:
                                  State: Enabled

Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
                                  Bus: PCI
                                  VRAM (Total): 256 MB
                                  Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
                                  Device ID: 0x0863
                                  Revision ID: 0x00b1
                                  ROM Revision: 3448
                                  gMux Version: 1.8.8
                                  Displays:
                                  Color LCD:
                                  Resolution: 1440 x 900

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
                                  Bus: PCIe
                                  PCIe Lane Width: x16
                                  VRAM (Total): 512 MB
                                  Device ID: 0x0647
                                  Revision ID: 0x00a1

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Sudden Motion Sensor:

Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Displays:
                                  Color LCD:

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT:

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Sudden Motion Sensor:

Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Displays:
                                  Color LCD:

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT:

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Sudden Motion Sensor:

Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Displays:
                                  Color LCD:

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT:

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Sudden Motion Sensor:

Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Displays:
                                  Color LCD:

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT:

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Sudden Motion Sensor:

Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Displays:
                                  Color LCD:

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT:

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I love MAC devices but I don't know anything about them