1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Mac OSX: Stardew Valley won't open

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by bellbloom, Jan 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. bellbloom

bellbloom Space Hobo

Hi,

I play on Mac through Steam, and my Stardew Valley folders look exactly like the ones described in this thread: there is no SV app. However, when I opened the file StardewValley, at first it opened the terminal in the attached image, then the icon popped up as if the game would run normally, and then my computer ran really really slowly (and nothing else happened) until I force quit.

(The red is just my username for privacy.) I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and verifying the integrity of the game files. The same thing happens whether I try opening it by clicking on StardewValley or opening it through Steam. Does anyone have any advice?

Edited to fix image.

Edited again: OSX Yosemite 10.10.5, 2011 Macbook Pro

Attached Files:

• r3volol

r3volol Space Hobo

I too am having issues running Stardew Valley now. I've followed along with the suggestions in the thread mentioned above but nothing. I'm running MacOS 10.14.5 on 2017 13" MBP. It used to run fine, but now it isn't working. It'll sit there and act like its going to start then the icon goes away after a few minutes. No error or anything.

• thmtrxhsu

thmtrxhsu Void-Bound Voyager

Support will not be provided for anything Steam Mac/Linux related.

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Can you verify said statement? Because i'Ve never read/heard about that before.