1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Mac OS X Mavericks support

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by RedGreenBlack, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedGreenBlack

RedGreenBlack Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, just wondering if someone of the devs can confirm if the beta will run on the latest Mac OS update Mavericks!

Thanks.

2. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

It most likely will, some of the devs develop on Macs.

RedGreenBlack and cyberspyXD like this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The game is going to be on PC, Mac and Linux. I'm not an expert on Apple products, but I assume when they say "Mac" that will include Maverick.

4. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Yeah more likely then not the beta will be compatible with Mac OSX "Maverick" at beta/release or if not for some odd reason then shortly after. I believe you should not need to worry about the game being forward compatible with newer version of Mac, Windows, or Linux unless something involving the library the game uses was to change.

Ἄνουβις and Jonesy like this.
  5. tab0reqq

tab0reqq Void-Bound Voyager

MBA 2013 with Maverics and beta starts without menu. I kinda feel like it's not compatible :/

That's strange, since Apple pushes Maverics as wide as possible.

6. RedGreenBlack

Try pressing "esc" and from option select "full screen" or play with the resolutions. Worked for me.

7. WhoaTony

WhoaTony Space Hobo

What worked for me was to resize the window a little with the mouse. Then everything will realign properly :)

8. tab0reqq

tab0reqq Void-Bound Voyager

I can't since i see background only :) No menu.

9. Squally

Squally Space Hobo

Im on Mavericks and my game had the menu problem, but after the first and second update my game will not open at all. Is it working for any other Mavericks users?

10. RedGreenBlack

Try what WhoaTony suggested. Both the tricks worked for me, go with the mouse at the edge of the screen and try to resize it even if you don't display the "resizing" cursor.

11. lambo517

lambo517 Guest

I also run Mavericks on a Macbook Pro. I did briefly have a problem where the game would not launch at all, but I solved this by deleting the folders that contain the character and universe saves. After this is done, run Starbound again and it should recreate the necessary save files. You'll have to start a new character but the game should run then. The folders are called "player" and "universe".
    /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/common
    I believe that is the correct directory. (I'm going by memory)
    I fixed mine be deleting the entire directories.
    Hope this helps.

12. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

25 hours of gameplay on Mavericks, only one crash.

13. lambo517

lambo517 Guest

Ive been playing on both a Mac Pro and on a Win 7 PC. Seems to run much more stable on my Mac.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.