1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Mac OS X - How to Change Profession

Discussion in 'Support' started by kaitgoo, Aug 25, 2016.

1. kaitgoo

kaitgoo Space Hobo

Hey,

I'm playing Stardew Valley on my mac and accidentally chose the wrong profession for mining. I want to switch from miner to geologist. Is there any way that I can change my decision? I can't find the save files anywhere on my computer...

Thanks!

Kaala

• LeelooMultipass

LeelooMultipass Intergalactic Tourist

You can get to the save folders from the Finder using "Go to folder..." under the "Go" menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/Saves and you'll see folders for each of your saves.

Inside the folder for your save will be a file with the same name. Copy that somewhere safe just in case the following goes wrong, so you can put the original back if needed.

Right-click (or control-click) the file and choose TextEdit from the "Open With" menu. Search for <professions> and between that and the closing </professions> you should see <int>18</int>. Change the 18 to 19 and save the file.

Cross your fingers, load up your save file, and you should now be a geologist!

• Tamales

Tamales Space Hobo

To sort through all the code would take hours do u have an idea of where it might be?