Modding Help Mac/Linux versions of mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Nishtra, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

I tried compiling a Mac/Linux versions of Mining at the Farm and Forage at the Farm mods using SDVCrosscompile, but since I am not a Mac/Linux user, I cannot make sure they are working properly. So I would be very grateful if someone who uses these OS confirmed that they do or don't work.

Attached Files:

• EnderHDMC

EnderHDMC Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Both seem to work on Linux. I tested both on Kali Linux Rolling 2016.3.1.
      I uploaded two main screenshots (the big ones) to show that both work and I also uploaded additional ones (the attachments).

Screenshot from 2016-12-01 02-24-09.png Screenshot from 2016-12-01 02-34-33.png

Attached Files:

Nishtra likes this.
      • EnderHDMC

I just went through the files of the mods and saw that the Mac/Linux version are the same (same size and same data, I checked on a diff hex editor) and since both Mac and Linux use Mono, I think it can be safe to assume that both work.

PS: The Mono folder in the SMAPI installer is for Mac/Linux support, so they also have common install files.

Nice avatar by the way. :):up:
        Looks a bit like something out of Kingdom Hearts.

And may I just ask whether you know the bounds of the farm map? Since I'm not sure what I should set the config.json files to so that they cover the whole map.

EDIT: I can't seem to be able to open the ForageAtTheFarm.dll.mdb file.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
        • Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Thanks)))
          Default maps are 80x80. Considering the cliffs/water along borders you can make it -5 tiles at each side. Actually, default Forage config covers the whole map.
          Should it be opened?

• EnderHDMC

Not really, I was just kind of curious what was in it.

Thanks, I just didn't really think it worked since when I was testing the mods it seemed to only spawn on the far left.

And do you think it would be possible to make the things spawn on multiple tile types eg. Diggable, Dirt and Grass?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
            • Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Yeah, I was thinking about checking several tile properies at once. I might release a new version before the end of the week.

• EnderHDMC

That will be a really cool and useful feature. Will look forward to it.