1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Mac - game always starts windowed borderless, low res

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by cidus, Jul 26, 2016.

1. cidus

cidus Space Hobo

Running on Mac 10.11.5, Retina Macbook Pro

Even after setting the game to fullscreen, 2560x1600, every time the game starts Borderless window, at a very low resolution.

And to change it to full screen, I always need to set the option twice. When first setting fullscreen, the screen flashes, the title bar shows, but the resolution does not change.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Have you tried saving the game (going to sleep) after setting full screen? The settings are currently only saved when the game is saved.

• cidus

cidus Space Hobo

Yes, I have played a few days and saved. Window mode is always "Windowed Borderless" after loading.
        Trying to change it to Fullscreen, it changes to "Windowed" instead. After that I'm able to set Fullscreen.

Just updated to the latest build, it still happens with my previous saves. I'll try to create a new one, if something changes i'll post it here.

• alucardwill

alucardwill Space Hobo

I'm experiencing the same issue as cidus, and saving doesn't solve in I'm afraid.

I'm on El Capitain 10.11.4

• awesomecomb

awesomecomb Space Hobo

I'm also having the same issue. I recorded a little video of it in action. It happens every time when launching the game. Interestingly, the same thing happened whenever using the wineskin wrapper when playing the game before the mac release. Also, windowed borderless would be fine if you could change the resolution in game during that mode.

tccoxon likes this.
            • tccoxon

Thanks for the video. That's strange indeed. The fact that it also happened in the wineskin wrapper is interesting. Does this happen for you with other games or just Stardew Valley?

awesomecomb likes this.
              • awesomecomb

awesomecomb Space Hobo

It is just a sample size of one but, the only other game I have installed in terraria. I changed the resolution to 800x600 and changed the default video setting to full screen. I quit the game and reopened and the video settings stayed.

• tccoxon

Oh, I actually meant the fact you had to set full screen mode twice. There are two separate issues here.

• awesomecomb

awesomecomb Space Hobo

The full screen setting stayed in terraria after exiting the game and reopening.

• TomSpilman

TomSpilman Intergalactic Tourist

This is fixed in the latest beta build. Give it a try.
                      --- Post updated ---
                      Please let us know if this still happens to you with the latest release build.

• Beezy

Beezy Space Hobo

I have this issue and I just installed the game about a month ago for the first time via Steam.