1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [FFS]Feast of Fire and Smoke 2.0hotfix6

Last generation of gunshop/gunners mod

1. Mackatosh

Mackatosh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So the last starbound update was the 1.3.2 hotfix on the 18th July. This mod was last updated on the 26th of July. Putting aside hotfixes rarely break mods, what do you think?

Hint: Yes it works

Toa_Derax likes this.
  2. YaBro

YaBro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can I please have the author's permission to make an add-on that makes the ammo feed similar to their real life counterparts?

3. DarkKiaser

DarkKiaser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How do you get M134D Gatling Machine Gun shown on main page of this mod? (avatar with orange hair)
    tyvm for help.

4. Mackatosh

So I got the XM214 Micro-gun by 6Tier gatcha, I think it's the same as in the picture you mentioned. Not sure if there is a full M134D
    upload_2017-7-30_1-25-19.png

BloxcastJason likes this.
  5. DarkKiaser

DarkKiaser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ok ty. I thought that gun was M134D Gatling Machine Gun but I don't really know my guns just did a search on google for modern Gatling Guns. Now i know its called XM214 Micro-gun.
    tyvm again.

6. Mackatosh

Well the XM214 is just a variant of the M134 so it's really easy to get confused

7. katana

katana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Noticing a number of errors in my game's log:

Code:
    [09:04:36.051] [Error] Could not load audio asset '/gunshop/sound/empty.ogg', using placeholder default.
    (EofException) Failed to read full buffer in readFull, eof reached.
    [09:04:39.017] [Error] Could not load image asset '/gunshop/bullet/0fastreload/icon.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/gunshop/bullet/0fastreload/icon.png'
    [09:04:39.021] [Error] Could not load image asset '/gunshop/bullet/0fastreload/icon.png:0', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/gunshop/bullet/0fastreload/icon.png' while resolving image frame '/gunshop/bullet/0fastreload/icon.png:0'
    [09:04:39.070] [Error] Could not load image asset '/gunshop/bullet/0magazine/highpowermag/highpowermag.png', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/gunshop/bullet/0magazine/highpowermag/highpowermag.png'
    [09:04:39.073] [Error] Could not load image asset '/gunshop/bullet/0magazine/highpowermag/highpowermag.png:0', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/gunshop/bullet/0magazine/highpowermag/highpowermag.png' while resolving image frame '/gunshop/bullet/0magazine/highpowermag/highpowermag.png:0'
    [09:04:39.166] [Error] Could not load image asset '/gunshop/bullet/0fastreload/fastreload_1.png:1', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such frame 1 in frames spec /gunshop/bullet/0fastreload/fastreload_1.frames
    [09:04:39.182] [Error] Could not load image asset '/gunshop/bullet/0fastreload/fastreload_1.png:2', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such frame 2 in frames spec /gunshop/bullet/0fastreload/fastreload_1.frames
    A number of these are going to cause some minor perf hits...not sure how many are going to affect vendors, but cleaning them up will help a bit, honestly.

8. nova_clockwork

nova_clockwork Orbital Explorer

one big question.how the gacha gotcha machine work since i buy 5 t7(i'm out of pixel) and none came out from the bag

9. Mackatosh

Are you sure? You need to hold them then left click, like any loot bags (like the ones from quests). They should then be in your General inventory or dropped on the floor if it's full. If you have an inventory mod which adds extra tabs, you should check all tabs but they should be in the designated 'general' unless the inventory mod is compatible. I'm pretty sure all T7 weapons have a purple outline if that helps to identify them.

10. nova_clockwork

nova_clockwork Orbital Explorer

i already did it just like opening a reward bag,but still nothing came out and i still have plenty of space i my inventory

11. SeraphixPrime

SeraphixPrime Big Damn Hero

Hi there. I've been enjoying this mod, but there is something that's been bugging me. Before this mod I had the borderlands style weapons mod active. I installed this mod with the idea that I would be able to find both groups of mod weapons in my universe. But since installing the Lyetzi weapons seem to spawn everywhere the borderlands weapons would. Even in the weapon crates that mod adds to the game. Is this mod overwriting the other?
    Do you know if they perhaps use the same resources?

I have not found a single borderlands weapon since installing.

12. alecsander

alecsander Subatomic Cosmonaut

that is odd since i don't believe this is supposed to affect the treasure pools yet, or even possibly at all

13. HuskyStrylight

HuskyStrylight Big Damn Hero

I am back from my long vacation to help some fellows :3, Seraphix please send me your starbound log in order to solve the issue, it is most like script issue from the way you layed it down. Also do note that any item in which affect loot chance will be affected to all mods, depending on the script, that or the file might use slots that are being used in your borderland mod.
    Also heyo lyetzi :3

List me on what mod you have installed. Or send me your starbound log.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  14. HuskyStrylight

First, either your download is corrupted, or your mod is taking a dive in who gets to use the first slot in loading. Send me what mods you have installed.

15. HuskyStrylight

Show me the list of mods you currently have installed and a starbound log, having those 2 keys will help me solve the issue faster.
    However if ANYONE WISH TO HAVE A FASTER WAY TO SOLVE AN ISSUE, FOLLOW THESE STEPS.
    1. Only enable lyetzis mod and run the game, if you encounter any bugs or crash, then it means 2 things, your download is corrupted or an issue on the mod. Inso send a log and message on the issue.

2. If it works perfectly fine then next step is only add mods that have to do with race, all race mod is compatible to this mod. Then enable 2 by 2 or 3 by 3 on mods and see if the following issues occur.

3. If you found the issue mod and wish to know if it is compatible post a log and statement here.

Thank you. :3

16. HuskyStrylight

To note, im not or any way, considered a person who made this mod, nor take credit to it, so i am not the creator.

Also i have fully tested the mod, and including steam mod, in total about 20 or more. To conclude, i did not have a single error nor did the starbound log mention any error and ran the game perfectly fine with sound and working vehicles/weapons.
    So i am sure that the mod is fine and you are having some issues on your end, i suggest re-install starbound or completely remove any mod from any folder or location, or delete the mod and install a new fresh mod into your folder, do not overwrite any files, any lingering old file will corrupt the mod.

17. SeraphixPrime

SeraphixPrime Big Damn Hero

Hi there, thank you for the reply. And sorry for my lateness of reply. I believe the situation is, that the "spawn" rate/chance for the weapons in your mod (Which are excellent by the way, if I were to say anything it would only be that only a few of them are as relatiable in later game as they were in early to midgame.)

I digress. Excuse me. Anyway I think the chances of a weapon from your mod are that much more likely than other weapons from modders that they seem to be replacing them. That is not the case though, at least in my humble testing (Challenge Doors in a room, multiple runs on each with the mod installed and uninstalled, rinse wash repeat.)
    Sorry for wasting your time sir.

18. HuskyStrylight

I did not act nor tried to express my self in a hostile matter, if i did then sorry, however i had tested the current starbound and with other mods, i did not receive any issues or crashes in so would suggest there are anomalies in your files, which i can assure you, not many recieve such issues, and if it did, the creator would had fixed it early.

Also i suggested you to evaluate your files in so you can play the mod, i gave you options you can try, it is your choice to listen or prolong your play through, if i was a jerk, i wouldnt be asking and testing the mod to see how to fix your issue so please do not become one of those mindless/useless citizen in the world and cooperate with me.

We can lower down the rate chance of finding, however we will not know what the other mod rate chance will be to make it equal, however it will be something we will look into as long as the other mod is compatible as you say, in so i hope you can wait till lyetzis release a version or fix. Till then best of luck and have fun.

19. leyhan

leyhan Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, husky!
    It's been a long time is it? xD nice to see ya again.
    and always thank you for helping... poor guys.

I already noticed "OBT is over! and This will be broken!" but, still few ones don't want to hear it. so sad.

Anyway, next version is barely completed except few... problems. like optimizing and.. etc.
    Maybe.. i needa cut off dungeons, missions and more.

Well,I gtg for work. see you soon.

20. HuskyStrylight

Nice you see you too, and keep up the good work and dont work too hard, :3
    I was planning to leave behind starbound well, things happen. How are you doing lately?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017