Luthien's Firefly Hollow Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuthienNightwolf, Aug 29, 2016.

1. お茶Mi's

お茶Mi's Big Damn Hero

I'm loving your new house design!!! <3

MrToni300 and LuthienNightwolf like this.
    • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Thank you! I've been using your furniture set as a base for some new stuff I'm going to use for my next character. She's going to be very fancy. haha

MrToni300 and お茶Mi's like this.
      • お茶Mi's

お茶Mi's Big Damn Hero

Can't wait to see it when your done^^

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
        • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I felt bad. I just got a faerie on my newest farm and she fully grew several of my strawberry plants. Sorry, Luthien! I told her to go to you!

Last edited: May 19, 2017
          • LuthienNightwolf

I'm still working my way through winter but I thought I'd share a little sneak peek at the furniture set I've been working on. This is only one small part of it, as I'm trying to get a complete matching set for each season. This set will be used in my next playthrough, where I'll have Maraschino as my farmer again (she'll be marrying Sam, hence the guitar on the his/hers dresser set). She likes things a bit more posh so I'm working on this kind-of French boudoir inspired look. I've been using a few pieces from Mi's set since she already had the right look and then building on that. A few of the pieces are modded from other furniture sets I use as well. And some of it is from scratch.
            There's still a lot of work to be done but I wanted to show a bit of what I've done so far. :3
            IMG_9472.JPG

• お茶Mi's

お茶Mi's Big Damn Hero

looking so cute so far~

• Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

they look super cute :)

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

Look at you go! Love the rose rug especially much, very cute!

• LuthienNightwolf

Update time! I just finished Winter, so it's time to drop some screenshots. :3

The farmhouse, decorated festively as usual. I really want to make a set of furniture that will let me do "winter" instead of "christmas" as my theme sometime. I've been so busy with the other set I showed you guys though I haven't really thought about it. I sure think the house looked cute this year though. n_n I incorporated a couple of the gem node displays to bring in a bit more red and green, and I placed a jar of blackberry jam on the table because I kinda thought it looked like one of those big jar candles. And yes, a proper WinterStar tree this year. lol Finished it off with a poinsettia themed wall art and a rug that I made.
                    Winter Year 2 House.png

For the farm, I don't have much to speak of this time, Winter is always pretty drab and not a lot happens once you're past the CC stuff. I did add a mill though. I've also made a slight adjustment to where the flower beds around my beehives are. I wanted to grow more flowers so instead of them just having a single row, they'll have that whole section, with just a row of grass between the maple trees. That'll give the bees more to work with and I'll be able to add more flowers to my personal collection as well.
                    Winter Year 2 Farm.png

And I'm so mad at myself, I did it AGAIN - I forgot to go get my Junimo plush at noon on the 28th. :whaaat::facepalm::mad: That makes four times now!

Heading into year 3 of course means an upcoming wedding and house upgrade (possibly two if I decide to just get the cellar now instead of waiting until year 4...the wine takes so long to age I'm thinking of getting an earlier start this time around). Also, I have been doing more streams over on Twitch (I'm even using a mic now and actually talking a little bit lol) so you guys can catch a bit of the fun as it happens. I'll try to make sure I stream on days where big stuff happens. If you'd like to catch any of the videos I made during winter, you can find them here: www.twitch.tv/luthiennightwolf/videos/all

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I very much like your flagstone-like kitchen tile.

• LuthienNightwolf

Thanks, that's one I made myself. :3 It's somewhat based off one of the floors in my grandparents' house.

MrToni300 likes this.
                        • LuthienNightwolf

Wow I guess the honeymoon's over. lol His second morning with me and this is what I wake up to:
                          IMG_9523.JPG

Better get used to it Seb, our day starts early on the farm! :rofl:

1ovaknd, sunlite and Jerev like this.
                          • Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

It's just the aftermath of your honeymoon. You partyed so hard that he is still hung over :rainbowbarf:

• LuthienNightwolf

Hey everyone. :) I just finished Spring year 3, so I'm here to drop off some pictures.

First the house. Omg. So, my house pretty much more than doubled in size this season. lol I of course upgraded to the third tier (and got married!), and then installed a mod that was supposed to add a bathroom but also added an attic and third room upstairs. And *then* I upgraded again to get the cellar. SO, my house is a bit big now. >u< It took me almost two in-game weeks to even get it all decorated because I was messing with my furniture set still and I was having trouble on deciding where I wanted things and which wallpapers/flooring to use, etc. I originally wasn't even going to use the attic but I ended up turning it into a display area for my gem/mineral/natural history artifacts. The upstairs room on the far left is my farmer's art studio, the one in the middle is for plants, and the one on the right is mainly for Seb. Somewhere he can relax and work on his laptop or watch tv or play around on his synth if he wants. Even though it can't really happen in the game I imagine Sam coming over and them practicing or watching movies in that room some nights.

Spring Year 3 House.png

If you'd like any of the mods I'm using for my house, you can find them at the following links:

Bathroom: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/299/?
                              Attic and third upstairs room: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/369/ (This is the No Kids Room Decor mod and I used the Empty Room Bathroom Edition, I think the extra rooms were attached by mistake but that's the one you'll need if you want them, I'm not sure about any of the other files.) Also, fyi you won't be able to change the floors or wallpapers in these extra rooms, or put anything on the walls. I had to edit my wallpaper and flooring png to get the ones I wanted in Seb's hangout room.
                              Fancy cellar w/ jukebox: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1148/?

Onto the farm. It decided to rain on picture day so it's looking maybe a little gloomy. I didn't really add anything but I did get all four candles from Grandpa and Seb moved his motorcycle into the yard.

Spring Year 3 Farm.png

I redecorated the inside of my Artisan shed for Spring:

Artisan Shed Spring.png

My Junimos grew me a giant cauliflower and they're very proud of themselves:

Giant Cauliflower.png

I started my slime colonies. I have red on the mountain, blue by the ocean, green in the forest, and purple in the desert. As part of my Pelican Town beautification project, I've been planting trees and adding cobblestone pathways and lots of grass all over the map, but since it was raining I wanted to wait to get pictures of those (you can kinda see some of it in this shot though). A lot of the trees down in Cindersap need to finish growing anyway.

Slime Ranching Begins.png

And, this time, I didn't forget to go get my Junimo plush at noon! :D

I Didnt Forget This Time.png

No major plans as I head into Summer, but, I did get asked the big question:

The Big Question.png

You guys probably know what this really is. lol But, since I've modded the children into Junimos I thought a bit of tweaking to the dialogue would be fitting to better match the situation. And cmon, how could I say no to that? ;D

If you want to catch any of my streams (which are semi-frequent and mostly sporadic) playing Stardew I have a Twitch.tv channel here, simply Follow and you should be notified when I go Live. :) https://www.twitch.tv/luthiennightwolf
                              (You may also get the occasional art stream as well!)

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed. :3

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

You could fit fifty junimos in that huge house and still have place to spare. Good thing you use the time speed mod. Otherwise you would loose too much time just moving though your home. Still it's looking good. By the way did you start the slime colony inside Pierre's shop like Sunlite requested in the magical thread of slimy awesomeness?

• LuthienNightwolf

Not yet, she didn't tell me what color. lol

And yeah, there's quite a lot I wouldn't be able to do without Timespeed. I still water my crops by hand and milking 48 animals takes a pretty fair chunk of time as well. I'd have to have them on a rotating schedule.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Whoops, sorry! Any color is fine, actually--blue could be nice.

(also just a side note, I'm a guy, lol, sorry for any confusion)

• LuthienNightwolf

Ah, sorry. haha And okay, blue it is! I have a small batch of blue slimes down at the beach and a few eggs left, I'll see if I can get a pair going up at Pierre's. I'll put them in the room where the exercise class happens so the slimes can work out with the ladies. :D

• staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

It's been a while since I've been on the forums because I was taking a break from the game, but I've started playing again and I missed seeing your posts. I always love how your farms look. ♥

• LuthienNightwolf

Aww, thanks! Welcome back! ^u^

MrToni300 and staarfruit like this.