1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lucario Race 1.3.4 2.2

Now you can be a fluzzy Lucario!!!

1. Pokemorphedplayer

Pokemorphedplayer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sorry to be a pain, but a I appear to have run into some trouble with the lucario mod's most recent update. I'm able to play fine without it but I think it's clashing with a mod I'm playing with. Could you verify if that's that case?

Attached Files:

2. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

I think I know what the problem is.

The 0.9 version had a completely different file organization than that of the 0.9.1 and 0.9.2 versions.

Starting from 0.9.1 the file organization changed, Basically saying:

Take your current "lucario" folder, delete it, and unzip the mod to get your new "lucario" folder. You cannot combine the folders or copy and paste things into the old version.

What happened was according to your log, the armors duplicated and because of that it crashed your game. It won't load two items with the same item name. If you merged your "lucario" folders then this is the result.

Yes it was lucario assets that crashed you game, although I can't recreate this. That's the only reason I suspect you merged folders..... well.... Also..... if you "replace" the folder, it merges them. It's best to delete the old folder entirely and put in the new one.
    [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ItemException) Duplicate item name 'lucariotier4head' found

======================================================================

Also I noticed a few other errors that do not belong to my mod but would be more than helpful if you could report them as well to the mod creators. We have:

[Error] Error loading object file /craftingtables/owamaterialcrafting/owamaterialcrafting.object: (AssetException) Error loading asset /craftingtables/owamaterialcrafting/owamaterialcrafting.object
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Json object contains a duplicate entry for key 'interactData'
    (Some sort of OWA Crafting Table??)

[Error] Object adventcone defined twice, second time from /objects/furniture/adventlamp/adventlamp.object
    (Some Advent Lamp has a word adventcone repeated twice in it.)

[Error] Could not read projectile '/projectiles/guns/psibolt/psibolt.projectile', error: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("image")
    (They forgot to put the "image" tag in the code of the psybolt so the projectile will have no image. Shooting a psybolt may cause you game to freeze temporarily.)

[Error] Could not read projectile '/projectiles/guns/energy/grun/rocket.projectile', error: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("image")
    (They forgot to put the "image" tag in the code of the....... ummm what is grun??.... I guess some sort of mod custom rocket. Firing may cause the game to freeze temporarily.)

[Error] Could not read projectile '/projectiles/guns/green/green.projectile', error: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("image")
    (They forgot the "image" tag in the code.... for a green projectile???..... first the grun and now green as a folder?... I am not familiar with this mod. Once again firing = temp freeze.)

I honestly don't know which mod is causing these errors in this section, hopefully you have some idea?

Oh and then there is this helpful little error that can actually help me with the mod, I appreciate this a lot.

[Error] Duplicate projectile asset typeName droplight. configfile /projectiles/throwable/droplight/droplight.projectile

That means somebody else has also made a "droplight item" which is a compatibility issue. I will have to rename the droplight to fix this issue (odd, I just worked on that)

The error that destroyed your loading was the duplicate lucario armors.

The other errors are minor and the game can still be run with them.

Delete your "lucario" folder from the "mods" folder entirely and unzip a fresh "lucario" folder from the "lucario1.3.3BETA0.9.2.zip" file.

If it's what I'm thinking it is, that should solve your problem.

Although thanks for the speedy and good report!!

I have no idea why I used so much bold!!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  3. Pokemorphedplayer

Pokemorphedplayer Subatomic Cosmonaut

That worked! Thanks! Sorry for the trouble! :D

4. Zancuno

Nah it wasn't any trouble. It ended up helping me in the end with that droplight error. I never know when another modder will share the same name of an item. A goal of mine is to make sure the log file is clean of any errors of my mod. So you ended up helping me out as well. As well as helping teach me how to write the install directions correctly :rofl:

5. Zancuno

I'm currently working on a few things with the mod, I will hopefully have another update out soon later tonight.

6. Zancuno

Zancuno updated Lucario Race with a new update entry:

Update 3 on Path to Steam Workshop Release

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Zancuno

Hello one and all!!!

I'm reporting in with fantastic news!!!

The Lucario Race has been added to the Frakin Races, thanks to @XDgierman!!

As well upon hearing this, I would like to inform all of you, that the mod is nearing base completion for Steam Workshop release!! Almost all other assets but the ones I will be editing now will be able to be updated visually or code wise without causing any game breaks.

Tonight is the final distance I have to cross (hopefully) to get this mod out on Steam!!! I will be working hard tonight to get the mod out!!!

Thank all of you for reporting your problems and helping this mod be error free for Steam Workshop Release!! I will still be using this mod page to post betas of my mod before I update the Steam Workshop versions to look for errors and gather feedback!!

Although if you did find an error.... please... PLEASE!!! tell me!!!!

8. Zancuno

9. arcanetempest128

arcanetempest128 Void-Bound Voyager

Uh for some reason they aren't showing up in the menu and i have a race extender mod too, they just simply aren't there :/

10. Zancuno

Apparently my mod files are not packed up all of the raw files are unpacked in the worskhop folder. Since they are not in the usual mod folder... it's a problem... I'll get this updated

11. Zancuno

It should be fixed now

12. arcanetempest128

arcanetempest128 Void-Bound Voyager

Well for whatever reason the game now crashes whenever i startup :/ Although it should be noted that i created said character before the update

13. Zancuno

If you haven't already, please remove your "lucario" folder from the "mods" folder. You cannot have the workshop version and the raw files at the same time.

If the problem still persists after you removed the lucario mod from your mods folder, sent me your log file.

It is located under
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/storage "starbound.log"

That can provide me info on exactly what happened

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  14. Zancuno

Zancuno updated Lucario Race with a new update entry:

Steam Workshop Release

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. Zancuno

If you have subscribed to the Lucario Race on Steam Workshop, please remove your lucario mod from the mods folder. You cannot have both at the same time. I will still be posting updates here for those who don't want to sign up for the Steam Workshop release or just enjoy beta testing this mod.

16. Zancuno

Mod Overview is currently being worked on

The Credits file is no longer hidden inside the mod. It is now in the overview, come look!! I tried to track down everyone. Notify me otherwise.

I want the full story, any info you (who were tagged or are missing) have on the creation of this mod, would be more than helpful to get the credits as historical as possible!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  17. Zancuno

Hey everyone, for those who want to beta test another update coming up, reply to this post.

I have kinda exploded on Steam Workshop in just these two days.

Although the number #1 complaint I have had for the mod is the audio upon being hurt.

So I have gathered the lucario sounds from Pokken Tournament (Because they are professionally voice acted) to try to fix this issue. I may need some people to beta test for me and give their opinions on the audio I'm going to add.

(also I finally have audio proof that lucario can in fact pur)

18. Zancuno

I have a few audio files I want you guys to listen to. I've been messing around with the Pokken audio files and a friend: Shadow TSL decided to play with them as well.

We have an idea for the chat audio (Where you talk to a npc)

We have the male about figured out, but it's the female we are having problems with. Changing the pitch on the male voice just leads to robotic sounds so... we had to get more creative.

Included in this file is the male and the female ones we are possibly considering.

The female one I made is more of a purr while the female one Shadow made is a bit higher pitched, with a bit of softness.

Extract the file and just give them a few listens.

The male is a direct rip from Pokken, so there shouldn't be problem with the voice but the female is the problem.

Attached Files:

19. SigmaPhoenix

SigmaPhoenix Tentacle Wrangler

I prefer the Shadow version over your version. With it, you can really hear the difference to the male one. Your version sounds a bit too similar to the male version for my taste.

20. Zancuno

Yeah but I just tried out the sounds in the game and in game... I honestly couldn't tell the two apart... even using Shadow's. I've been sitting here for a few hours with my head in my paws trying to figure out how to make a feminish version. I can't seem to alter the pitch as going to high turns the audio into metal-ly sounds..

I've got 2 hurt sounds that I think are okay but only for male. One hurt sound is okay when being spammed by machine guns but is pretty bland otherwise. The other is pretty good by itself but could be slightly annoying when hit by a machine gun.... although these female sounds are really what is getting me right now. It'd probably be fine with the neutral body but I know people want at least some difference to be heard.

maybe if I had an audio program that was able to dissect the audio to show the different notes of every part of the sounds..... and then have a replace function to say... replace b notes with c notes... maybe that would work but.....That's something that I can't really acquire x.x..

I am almost tempted to record myself since my voice isn't as deep as lucario's, but I'm no voice actor. If I can't get higher pitch at least making it softer would work but I'm having trouble doing that as well.