1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lucario Race 1.3.4 2.2

Now you can be a fluzzy Lucario!!!

1. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

So the battle for net neutrality has ended for us in the states.... with a rather unfortunate outcome. Net neutrality has been taken away and now congress is fighting in an attempt to re-instate it.

I was one of those people who fought for net neutrality. I have called my congressmen and even sent them a response.
    https://zancuno.deviantart.com/journal/My-Response-for-the-Battle-for-Net-Neutrality-718830728

It seems some companies are already acting on the loss of net neutrality and are blocking websites from view that they do not like. It will be months before they start putting online services into pay extra bundles. So I have limited time to finish the mod. My mod is now on HIGH PRIORITY!!!! I cannot simply sit and wait around for the effects to take place. Who knows when this website will be blocked from me when they start putting up service bundles.

I'm going to need everybody's help!!! I may have to post alphas and more betas in fear of when I will be locked out. If I post these, please make sure to play it and send me your errors!!

Hopefully congress can get us back our net neutrality but for now I need to think ahead.

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  2. Zancuno

Just a little update on the next ship.... I've got a long ways to go..

IMG_0231.PNG

3. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

I think you're panicking a little early... The repeal of NN is not yet law. Ajit Pai has to defend it in courts before it goes into law, and Congress are already gearing up to reject the repeal and force Ajit Pai to live with net neutrality. Ajit Pai might have declared loud and clear that he does not have a single fuck to give about the opinion of the American public, but Congress doesn't have quite the same leeway - not if they want to be re-elected ever again. (if you try to appeal to freedom, or "the right thing" - these are politicians, they couldn't give less of a shit. Tell them you won't be voting for them ever again unless they actually represent you - THAT gets attention)

By all means, the American people should be calling their representatives and informing them that their re-election may depend on their taking a stand right now. But you shouldn't be giving in to despair just yet.

The fight for net neutrality is not over. Not by a long shot.

4. Zancuno

I'm only saying this because I have already got reports of people in California having websites blocked already. These were confirmed with screen shots. Also a few cellular companies are already white-listing certain applications to get free access to. I can't remember which company it is right now but it is offering Hulu for free if you are using that company. This is already a violation of the net neutrality laws. The violation on that is promoting a higher package to prioritize certain services over others, ergo making a fast lane.

I'm freaking out because ISPs are already breaking the net neutrality laws.

Being a community leader.... can sometimes be informative.

I've got a got video to share though to explain how Pai is a complete liar about what he said though. It explains a lot and well also shows how badly Pai doesn't care

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  5. Cyanide Smoke

Cyanide Smoke Yeah, You!

(A) sorry for the late reply (b) nope

6. Zancuno

The mod still isn't working for you?

Okay so into the screenshot then.

Edit: I had to quit waiting on you before and continue working on the ships for my mod. That doesn't mean though that I haven't looked over your log files over and over again.

I have only 2 possible answers to your problems:

Either you unpacked my mod incorrectly and corrupted it

You have the mod in the wrong place.
    Ergo: putting the mod in the wrong folder can cause loading issues, files to break on loading, or even files to be skipped. If it is in the wrong place, it may be trying to load the files out of order. This is probably the most likely outcome as seen with the animation files not working. You are loading files in before the game can load it's files in. The animation files that are erroring, are all saying the same error "get config" which is basically saying that they are loading before the base coding is. If they load before the config and scripts load, then they won't work.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  7. Cyanide Smoke

Cyanide Smoke Yeah, You!

Back) i just did mods/lucario/stuff in stead of Mods/lucario/lucario/stuff and it works

8. Zancuno

oh wow... I actually didn't think of that... well that explains it. I guess I will note this for future reference if someone has this problem again. Ok Great!!! Have fun with the mod x.x I will be updating on the tier 6 ship progress shortly.

9. Zancuno

Hey everyone!!! GRRRRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!! working on these ships are hard. Now I see why most custom ships are all smooth. Trying to get the details down and look like it could fit in the game is rather taxing!!!

So I finally got all of the line work done for the tier 6 ship and have just spill bucketed the basic colors. I have so much work ahead of me to finish this ship!!! Thankfully -sweatdrops- now since I have most of the "evolved" look figured out, I can simply copy and paste some things to save me time on the last 2 ships.

IMG_0232.PNG
    This is certainly a test of my patience as this is taking forever!!!!! Trust me, working on a pixel art this huge is not easy!!!!

Just to note though, the ship will be changing in the last 2 designs. Mainly it's for appearance to make it look like you have a final and amazing ship. A satisfying achievement of sorts.

The easter egg behind the ship should be more apparent. I still have not heard the correct answer to what easter egg this ship represents!!!!

So back to the grind of detailing this giant mass of technology and metal x.x... I have so.... so... so many checkerboard designs to do and you have to make the checkerboard pattern..... pixel by pixel...

Edit: before any of you comment about the whole sharp crystal like blades on the ship.... there is logic behind that. It's mainly for being able to slice incoming objects to bypass collision. In the matter that they do not cut the objects of question, they will simply break off without major damage to the ship. Something that can be replaced later.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  10. Zancuno

Soooo many.... pixels.... so many hours poured into this...... and I'M STILL NOT DONE!!!!

Okay an update on the ship x.x;;; (if any of you actually load this into an art program... you will see my agony)

I'm in the detailing stage!!!!!!!! and it's taking forever!!!! Yay for manually having to plop down each pixel to make a series of specialized checkerboard patterns!!

Besides this pain, I do have a good note, it's coming out great!!

IMG_0234.PNG

Dilrax likes this.
  11. Zancuno

I'mmmmm soooooo close!!!!!!!!! I've been working on this every day.... and I am so close to finishing it.... yet my arm for some reason is starting to cramp up.... so I have to let it rest for a little while. I honestly hope to get it done tonight.

Although here is my progress on the ship and it's assortment of complicated pixel patterns x.x YYYAAAYYY~~~
    IMG_0235.PNG
    Hopefully if i can get this done x.x it will be sorta like a christmas gift??

Aghh I can't really say as since I have been working on this, I do not have a single Christmas themed item made for the mod. Sorry everyone!!!

I hope the ships being made will be a good late present. I may as well make the ship updates another update for this mod so you guys can enjoy it early. Then me moving onto the sprite update.

12. Zancuno

The ship is finally done!!! I'm 2 days late of my expectation owo. I am going to bed!!!! I hope everyone had a good Christmas and admire what is to come. I hope these ships are something to admire too.

Next 0.o the final ships

IMG_0237.PNG
    -just noticed that stray line, will fix later. Ignore it!!!-

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  13. Zancuno

Oh so much easier!!!

I went ahead, beginning work on the final tiers and copy and pasted what I could onto the room templates. I wasn't able to move over much but this will save me a lot of time in the long run. I will begin of the Tier7 ship shortly.
    IMG_0241.PNG

Just know that even the copy and pasted parts are going to get some revamps in design, most likely color swaps of certain pieces to be honest. Some things though will be more than color swaps.

So it's finally 2018, I hate to say with this ordeal not finished yet x.x. Although I hope everyone had a good New Years and I hope 2018 can be a good year.

I am hoping that I can get this done fast... I really do. You guys have waited far too long and I want the mod to be out there for the public.

14. SigmaPhoenix

SigmaPhoenix Tentacle Wrangler

I really like the ship design! Good luck with all of your endeavors!

Zancuno likes this.
  15. Zancuno

Okay the next ship went by a ton faster than the last one. I hope you guys like the changes which were creeping up from previous tiers but are obvious now!!!

IMG_0248.PNG
    -just spotted stray pixels above the ship-..... I will fix the stray pixels.... ignore those!!! -absolutely baffled it happened again-

Edit: oh and still have not heard the correct answer to what easter egg the ships represent, need a hint?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  16. Zancuno

Welp Progress on the last ship is going swimmingly. Yet again I am not satisfied with a simple copy and paste. I just have to keep "evolving" it huh?

So here's my progress on the Tier 8 ship!!!
    IMG_0255.PNG

These changes have been creeping up on the ship throughout the entire "evolution". Just go back and look at the previous and you will see what has been happening.

17. Zancuno

OMG!!!! The ships are finally done!!!!!!!!!!

It has been a long and hard journey to make these, and I now have a new respect for pixel artists. Alas these ships are done.

You know this means that I will be working on some ship parts, fullbright portions, ship locker, etc to get the next update out!!!

So here are the ships in order!!! (they'll be cleaned up by the update)

Tier1:
    IMG_0259.PNG
    Tier2:
    IMG_0258.PNG
    Tier3:
    IMG_0179.PNG
    Tier4:
    IMG_0208.PNG
    Tier5:
    IMG_0221a.PNG
    Tier6:
    IMG_0237.PNG
    Tier7:
    IMG_0248.PNG
    Tier8:
    IMG_0257.PNG

Thanks for the patience everyone!!! I will be working on the next mod update!!! Leave me your comments!!!

S10u, Ujaya1990 and Dilrax like this.
  18. Zancuno

Okay I've been working on implementing the ships and I noticed one thing that I was expecting. This is one of the reasons this mod is not on Steam Workshop yet.

Before any of you install the next update, remove all furniture, items, and items in the Ship Locker from the ship.

(Only Affects the Lucario Race)

When you download the next update coming out soon, it will change the layout of the ship. The room placement is completely different and any Ship Tier after Tier 4 will be a rage worthy experience if you do not take your belongings out of the ship. Any furniture placed will fall into the void if your current in game ship is Tier 5 or higher. Also the ship locker will be changing, so there is a chance that it may wipe your storage completely clean.

When you first boot up the next Update, your ship will look funny. You will need to upgrade your ship in order to fix it. If you are already at Tier 8, then you will need to type in /spawnitem shipT8 with admin commands to fix the ship.

This is why the mod is not on Steam Workshop yet, as for more than a hundred people that downloaded it, I could not guarantee they would head my warning. The mod would instantly get a bad reputation from people raging.

Please understand that this is currently still in pre-release beta and has been contained to Starbound Forums for this reason. During Development, bugs and glitches of the sort can happen at any time. The purpose of the pre-release beta is to sort out these bugs before it is submitted to Steam Workshop.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  19. Zancuno

So the fine tuning on the ships has begun!!! Although for some reason I thought that adding the crystals to the "lit" layer would make them pop, but instead I got the opposite with them having some serious shaders. I'm going to try to reverse this process then have the ships more shaded and the crystals pop more.

Oh the funny things that happen in development sometimes

shiptest.PNG

20. Zancuno

Here's a sneak peak of the ship Update!!

I've just got some recoloring to do, storage locker to make, and a ship chair to make and it'll be ready for the update!!

shiptest4.PNG