1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lucario Race 1.3.4 2.2

Now you can be a fluzzy Lucario!!!

1. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

Zancuno updated Lucario Race with a new update entry:

NPC Temp Fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. johnp1238

johnp1238 Void-Bound Voyager

However my level of intellect would result in an immediate crash after the modifications occurred.

3. Zancuno

honestly, to tell the truth. To activate it, all you have to do is make a patch file replacing the body sprites with the EBS body sprites. Then just make recipes for the clothes. I just wouldn't advise it because the sprites haven't been updated to current standards.....

or well since this isn't a workshop release... you could just kinda... go into the mod files and just replace the body sprites. I would go over to the old mod page and download the file meant for the EBS. It's in the mod overview. You can then simply replace the sprites. I have the old mod page linked in my unfinished overview.

4. Zancuno

Zancuno updated Lucario Race with a new update entry:

Update to Temp Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Dilwolf

Dilwolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, is this up to the Spacefarer update? I've been away from this game for quite some time heh
    Very glad to see you're still working on it!

6. Zancuno

It's up to date so far. I just hope the bounty hunter update doesn't break things again soon. I'm working on the Lucario ship, trying to finish the design of the first ship to get the theme before moving to the other tiers of ships.

The mod should work perfectly, I haven't heard any errors since the 0.5 update of this mod.

7. Zancuno

Well I should update on the ship building. I have about the shape of the lucario ship formed. Although it is no where near completion. It is taking me a while to get the ship to look nice. I had just got done re-doing the shape again when I made this image. The colors are not final. Also the details I will do on this first image will decide how the rest of the tiers will look. I will note that the whitish areas will be crystal like structures.
    IMG_0174.PNG

Edit: Update on ship progress
    IMG_0177.PNG

I am nearing completion on the first ship. This is actually harder than anticipated.
    IMG_0178.PNG
    Just have to finish the crystals... which are a pain for the design I picked to make them. Part of the composition of the crystals is supposed to be made out of aerogel which is what those back fin like things are... so I'm having to make the crystals in the aerogel texture. It should also be obvious now that the ship weapon is a railgun.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  8. Zancuno

YAY!!!!!! I finished the first ship!!!!!!
    IMG_0179.PNG
    HAZZAAAAA!!!! So much time put into this and I regrettably figured out how to draw the crystals easier half way through detailing them x.x.

Now I have to copy this image and make 2 versions of it. i have to make a powered down and damaged version and also the next step up being the damaged. This is what the starter ship would look like after repairing the FTL drive.

Although after this I have to work on the next tiers x.x I Have a lot of work ahead of me.

9. Zancuno

I have something to share with you all as I work on the ships.

This mod has always been made by the community. Ochiru was never alone in mod development as many pixel artist or modders contributed to the creation of the mod. I have a credits file inside the mod of everyone who helped forge it into what it is now.

If any of you are wanting to contribute something to the mod, even if it's just clothes, feel free to contact me. If you have a cool feature you made, I can include it and credit. I don't mind working with others on this.

With that in mind you can contact me on these forums or you could find me on Amino. I actually say Amino because there is a very direct way of contacting me on there. I'm a leader of Lucario Armis Amino, which is the amino trying to become the amino for Lucario fandom.

I try to mod and run the place on my spare time, which activity has been slow due to lack of posts. If you want to join a Lucario community and you have the amino app for your Apple or Android device, I can suggest the amino.

This mod and the amino are what strive me to keep trying in making content. It helps inspire me to keep going.

As well as all that, I have always wanted to be a part of the Lucario community as I see so many Lucario communities die off. You could join to be a part of the community or you could even join to try and become a leader yourself. I don't mind the community I own to have ambitious Lucario driving it.

So if you have Amino Apps, it would help to join Lucario Armis Amino. I would appreciate it a lot.

http://aminoapps.com/c/lucario-armis

Although you don't have to join if you don't have the app or do not want to. I'm mainly putting this here to honestly keep my motivation going. Work takes away a ton of my time so my motivation takes hits from work drama. I wouldn't mind anyone popping up into a chat or contacting me here to get my mind on the mod.

I appreciate all the support this community has given me and even the help. The mod has also inspired a few to make content for the mod, even if it's a separate vanity mod.

I hope to hear from you guys as I'm working on the ship and getting the mod ready for Steam Workshop. I just hope the 1.4 update doesn't break the mod again.

10. 7x9000

7x9000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, keep up the good work. Running a mod and community has got to be quite taxing, too.
    Honestly, take your time with the mod. Just having the option to play as a Lucario again is quite fun.
    (The only complaint with the mod is that I wish there was a way to hide the spikes, as I've never been a fan of them and I know plenty of 'cario 'sonas without them.)
    Again, keep up the good work and keep on having fun.

11. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

That... MIGHT be possible, actually. I'm not entirely sure how Zancuno has implemented things right now, and even then the species definition system confuses the living crap out of me... but I seem to recall it's possible to define what can be head or body parts in a species definition. It's used in, for example, the Avian race, to define beaks. Might be worth looking at...

12. Zancuno

I've actually got to look into that. Most times it's only the head that is allowed stuff like different beaks, although I need to figure out how to make masks in character creation for the body like that. There only problem being is that I only have one more option slot in character creation so if I made spikes turn on or off, then I couldn't do things like patterns on the bodies... for now that has been put on hold but I have considered it.... although I have done my research on lucario and the placement of the spikes are there for a reason. A lucario's aura actually travels through it's metal bone structure and for something like aura sphere, it concentrates it's aura into it's spikes before manifesting it outside the skin. The spikes are right where a chakra spot is so it's a center point of spiritual energy. The chest spike is over a chakra too but it's purpose is more or less for protecting the upper body or tackling enemies/prey to stab with the spike.

Edit: Now I have experimented with clothes before and the spikes. You can actually make a long sleeves shirt or jacket that hides the spikes.

13. 7x9000

Having used it for a while, the spikes on the hands can't be covered up.
    And I simply just have never been a fan of the spikes. Make 'em less hugable. (Then again, I'm a huge furry.)
    However, why not simply make options for the patterns to have a version with spikes and no spikes? The Kemono mod does something similar with the ears, having different colors but for each style of ear.

14. Zancuno

You have a point with that and the whole pattern with spikes or not. I'm just going to have to experiment around and see if I can add a body mask group into character creation. The stuff on the head like those ears or other races having different beaks, that is a facial group and as far as I can tell it only works for the head. If I can make a body group, then I could move the spikes onto that but without that option, I can't move them off the base sprite.

I'm a furry as well so I know what you mean by hugable. I can though actually make the chest spike hide-able. All I would have to do is make a second set of body colors and have the chest spike pixels be able to recolor to the chest.

Now the downside of removing the spikes is that I made every armor so that the spikes stick out of them. If you remove the spikes then you will notice holes in the armor. Honestly keeping the spikes would be the best mod wise but OC and role wise, it would be best to make an option. The bad part is that I can't actually render some pixels transparent. If I could then I could just have some body colors recolor the spike pixels and turn the tips transparent. There are only a few things I can think of to fix this. I may just have to make some sort of vanity armor for this, maybe design clothes to cover the spikes completely.

So unless I can put the spikes on an optional turn off and turn on layer... I can't really rid of them unless I use a vanity.

The only other option is to make another sprite set sorta like the EBS (That might not be worked on depending) but you would require an add-on mod to replace the sprites. This would render all lucario in your game without spikes.

15. 7x9000

The chest spike isn't hard to hide at all unless you're using one of the more revealing tops. And what I've noticed with outfits is that the clothing clips with extra bits. For example, the Avali. The wings clip through and all.
    Either way, I wish you the best of luck with the mod. If I could help, I would, but all I can do is some writing, really.

16. Zancuno

I looked into this situation and did a bit of research. You can actually make hex values transparent. I had to mess around with hex values for a while until I found one that renders color transparent. To test it...... I.... kinda made a temporary fur color that is transparent..... and now I have a character that is missing all the blue parts of the body.... it's so weird......

Well on this note I can say that if I go to the base sprite and modify it a little and then modify the hex codes in the species file, I can in fact remove the spikes.

The only other issue to deal with on this is making a duplicate set of armors that have the holes patched up.
    rayman.JPG

This oddly adds in a bunch of new options in character creation. Not only could I hide the spikes, but I could also do things like making mega lucario a body color option. I could even make alternate tails sizes or body types. I could even do things like the body color switches between plantigrade and digitigrade with this..... maybe even alternate shoulder tekkan shapes.... You opened a huge door here with your request.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  17. Zancuno

Time to update on progress!!!

The mod ship is still under way. I am currently working on the tier 4 ship.
    IMG_0204.PNG

Thankfully since the ships mainly just evolve over time, I can copy and paste some key parts to make the process of making these a bit easier.

Over the course of tier upgrades, the design of the ship is going to change into a shape that will be subtle easter egg. I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out what the ship represents.

Also due to 7x9000 up there requesting for some way to remove the spikes, it has uncovered a method to make character customization a whole lot more customizable.
    So far I have thought of things like:
    -using fur color to switch between different body types and tail sizes (possibly reviving EBS and Nuetral appearances)
    -using hair color to switch between plantigrade and digitigrade legs.
    -using eye color to turn spikes on and off

This is actually possible for me to do without changing the game. Since discovering the hex code to render parts of the sprite invisible was found, I can potentially alter the entire sprite with clever coding.

Now if I do this..... don't look at the sprites in the humanoid folder.... they will look monstrous.... the sprites will be laid out in an elaborate color system to allow hex codes to alter the body shapes like said above.

For now the ships are my top priority to get this mod ready for Steam Workshop release. Once they are done, I will be altering the mod for fair play (and anti-cheating, since I know how to alter the files to prevent you from using commands to spawn items mwahahaaaa). This will also be the time to include this character creation revamp.

Thank all of you for your comments, ideas, support, and help. The mod would never be updated to this level without all of us working together.

18. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

Dialga?

19. Zancuno

Not Dialga but it'll become more clear as the ship grows in tier..... didn't mean to make a rhyme there.

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  20. Zancuno

I got rather far today on the Tier 4 ship.... YAY for days off!!!! Although this is as far as I can get today, I will have to work on it later... (honestly is starting to think that they will become more detailed as I go)
    IMG_0205.PNG

The Purple Dragon likes this.