1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Lower than 60fps

Discussion in 'Support' started by infinifry, Feb 28, 2016.

1. sirbronson

sirbronson Space Hobo

This worked for me. Thanks much.

• MeowMixMax

MeowMixMax Void-Bound Voyager

This worked perfectly for me, thank you!

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

Saw the video linked from the 'solution' posted, it's not even remotely as bad of a slowdown as it is for me. Hell in that video I don't even /see/ the slowdown. :wut: Makes me wonder if the proposed fix is even relevant to my issue D:

Edit: Huh. Well, so far so good. My case was definitely more severe, but I haven't seen any slowdowns since I installed that thing. The real test will be a rainy/pollen day though.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
        • agentgoblin

agentgoblin Space Hobo

I try install only XNA (same as Steam version) and in borderless window still 40FPS. In package from Reddit I see .NET framework 4.0 package, game from GOG contains .NET 4.5. Maybe it key to solving. But me too lazy today for test it.

Direct link to Microsoft web-site with latest XNA framework (same in Reddit package with Steam version, if you don't want install software from 3rd party web-sites): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27598

• Pscyon

Pscyon Big Damn Hero

Has anyone figured out anything more about this? Is it even a known issue, does Concernedape know about it?

Problem is for me, spesifically: most of the time the game runs at around 40FPS. Which is okay, I could live with it in theory. But it will randomly jump up to and stay at 60FPS for equally random amounts of time. Could be seconds, could be minutes. And that's what's annoying, the inconsistency. I run the game in borderless window. If I run it in plain fullscreen the game will stay fixed at the sluggish 40 all the time oddly enough.

I have tried reinstalling the game, updating gpu drivers, and I have tried reinstalling the framework thing. Nothing helped.

Computer spesifications:
            3,6GHz CPU, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 750, Windows 7 Professional.

I play the game using the Evolve game overlay and thought maybe that could be causing issues (and by extension, steam overlay probably would've too), but running the game without it changes nothing, so that's not the issue either.

• Pscyon

Pscyon Big Damn Hero

Here's hoping 1.1 fixes this finally...

• Pscyon

Pscyon Big Damn Hero

Well it almost did. After starting the game with the 1.11 patch for the first time, I was able to play the majority of a day at full speed. It only dropped down again when entering the house in the evening. Later on I tried changing from playing in borderless window mode to fullscreen, and that bumped the frame rate up again for quite some time. It eventually dropped again when going outside in the morning on a fall day with all those leaves floating around in the air.