Love game, but...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Tannie, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Tannie

Tannie Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I am Tannie. I really love the game, but I can't play it. I am too old, so my reaction time is too slow. I did make progress in the mines, but it was oh so terrible & slow. I had to do a lot of restarts, and do it before I watered to try to make sure to get 5 levels done. Fishing is impossible for me. I tried, and tried, and tried, but still lose most of the fish.

I have put in over 65 hours of game play, yet I am only 1/2 through the summer of the first year. This is from starting, failing, restarting, failing. I realize there are mods that can help, but honestly, I am too old to figure those out too. Sadly, I can't figure out how to install them. I so wish the game included the mod options.

If anyone has any suggestions, I sure would appreciate them.

2. Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

unless you are like 90 i am sure you aren't too old X'''D

well if a mod says CP(Content Patcher) you literally only have to download the file and put it in the mod folder to make it work

3. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forums, Tannie. Unfortunately I cannot offer any advice about mods and things since I don't use them for Stardew. Try asking in the Stardew Valley section of the forums. I'm sure plenty of people there will be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck!

4. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Hi there, Tannie! Welcome to the forums! Sorry I can't help much with your issues, but yes, you may want to ask your problem in the Stardew Valley section. I hope you find your solution soon. Good luck, friend!

5. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

Kinda late but, welcome! (should I try to give some help? she didn't respond after Zosa helped her...)

6. Tannie

You could try. Any response here doesn't just apply to me. It also applies to anyone else reading the forums. From what I've read in various places, many, many people have trouble in the mines and fishing. I honestly feel that for a casual farming game, it was made too hard in those areas. If it were not too hard, then so many wouldn't have resorted to using mods.

7. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

I kind of like these hard stuff in the game, but I understand your perspective, ConcernedApe (The developer) should've made some difficulty options for this in the game...

-Returning to the main topic!

So you're wanting this mod right?
    https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/easier-fishing-standalone-1-2-1-3-beta.4226/

Just follow these little steps and you're going to be able to use the mod.

1- You know the game list in the steam library? (on the left side) right click in the Stardew Valley name and choose properties
    2- Click in the tab "Local Archives" and after that in the button "Navigate in Local Archives"
    3- Choose with which one of the versions of the mod in the downloaded zip file you are going to want, (easier or super easier)
    4- Copy and paste the Fish.xnb in Stardew Valley\Content\Data

Other mods might need a mod loader for the game called SMAPI, I recommend you to read this page from the wikia or watch a video on youtube to learn how to install stuff with it

8. Tannie

Thank you so much, Sillyleaf. I thank you for the mod help that I will definitely attempt to do. This comes from someone whose never even had a cell phone. I did watch a video on SMAPI, and I fear it's too complicated for my brain.

I also thank you from the bottom of my heart for validating my distress of the difficulty in fishing & mining. That really means a lot to me.

SillyLeaf likes this.
  9. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I'll validate it too! I find the fishing very difficult. Can't say the same for combat, though, since I play games entirely focused on it.

10. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I guess me too, I'll validate it too. Especially for the mining, because I always ran out of time when trying to hit the next checkpoint (can't say much about the fishing, because that's my little brother's problem, he doesn't even bothered about it).