Lost watering can on Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lisaxeb, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Lisaxeb

Lisaxeb Space Hobo

hey guys,
    On mistake, i put my watering can in the box next to my house and i couldn‘t get it back because on the switch, you can‘t view the items you put in there or take them out again.
    Now i don‘t have a watering can and i don‘t know how to get it back.. i don’t really like using sprinklers because they are a bit expensive. So can i get my can back ?
    Thank you

• Interspacial

Interspacial Big Damn Hero

Even on other platforms, you can't see what's in the shipping box or take them out again.

I'm pretty sure you can't ship tools, they're greyed out when you open the shipping box. In the worst case that you somehow did ship your watering can, I believe Lewis is supposed to mail you back any tools that you manage to destroy the next day.

Are you sure it's not in any of your other chests? Or your fridge? The default tools are meant to be very hard to completely get rid of.

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

From the wiki: "It the player somehow loses the Scythe, Axe, Pickaxe, or Watering Can (by dying in the mines for example), the next day a basic version of the tool will appear either next to the player's bed or in the player's refrigerator, if the player has a kitchen. Mayor Lewis may send a letter in the mail saying he found them and returned them."

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Tools

If you truly lost it, you'll receive a new one the next day. If you don't receive one then it is misplaced rather than completely lost. Like Interspacial said, check all chests and such to see if it's in one.