1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Lost Player data and unusual files in the player folder

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by FrozenGears_23, Jun 3, 2023.

1. FrozenGears_23

FrozenGears_23 Intergalactic Tourist

So, first things first, I was playing with mods installed and I hadn't been doing anything in particular that would make my game crash but y'know computer things happens and my game crashes mid-session. I didn't have the hindsight to immediately save the crash log, so I'm out of luck there. So to make a long story short, during my trouble shooting I had to fix my steam workshop folder which got also got corrupted but when I redownloaded all my mods and opens Starbound again, my character was still missing. I checked the FAQs and when I went to check the player folder all I saw were a set of files named metadata and statistics and a copy of them. Is there any way to restore my save data or is my lil guy lost to the stars?
    upload_2023-6-2_21-46-5.png

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

If you dont have a manual backup your files seem to be lost. You could try restoring them via 3rd party software for file recovery tho this is a bit advanced and its not 100% safe that the files can be fully restored.

FrozenGears_23 likes this.