1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Lost my progress

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by coldfire1104, Aug 3, 2016.

1. coldfire1104

coldfire1104 Space Hobo

Hi there,

I have been playing starbound on my new MacBook Pro off of steam and I progressed to the point where I played through all the quests. I played the unstable version and fully played through sometime in the spring of this year. I have no logged back in and all the data is gone and I no longer have any characters saved.

This has happened after I recently patched the game and started playing again. Now that I tried restarting after giving up on my old character, my game always crashes as I try to activate the ancient gate. Therefore, I can't play. Please help!! I would love to have my old account back but if I can't then I'd at least like to play the game!

2. Trinosaur

Trinosaur Big Damn Hero

3. coldfire1104

coldfire1104 Space Hobo

Well as I am on a Mac, I have searched my computer and no files are there for steam, just the application itself. Is there a way to access these files on a Mac that I'm not seeing? Thanks!

4. Trinosaur

Trinosaur Big Damn Hero

I'm not familiar with macs, unfortunately. Every thread I've looked at has only shown how to recover a character on PC. I've looked around and see no mac recovery threads on this issue. I wish I could help further!