1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Lost my axe,need help

Discussion in 'Support' started by Greyrat, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Greyrat

Greyrat Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys I'm fairly new here,and I just wanna ask how do I get my axe back?I don't know how but when I checked my inventory it was gone.

• 1wolffan

1wolffan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yikes, for something like that, you might have to search every single chest you have. If it's not in the chests, check with Clint and see if he was upgrading it for you. If it isn't either of those things, you may have accidentally trashed it. Currently, there is no way to recover the starter tools, except to use Save editors, or (if you feel like save editors are cheating) completely restarting your game. Sorry for any inconvenience this could cause.

• MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

Or you could make yourself a new one I think. Out of copper. It's a possiblility, isn't it?
        Unless you need to bring him a starter tool to upgrade. In that case, you're screwed. xD

• 1wolffan

1wolffan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, you need the starter tool for all upgrades. :wut:

• Greyrat

nvm,found out i had an old version,patched mine to a newer version and i got it back the next morning.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

While it's never happened to me, I was under the impression that losing a 'core tool' (i.e. Axe, Pick, Hoe, Watering Can, Scythe...) was protected against in the game, at least in the more recent updates. Even if you somehow manage to dump one someplace, the engine is supposed to detect that there's a missing tool (not stored in a chest) and mail it back to you within a couple of days.

• Greyrat

i looked it up and apparently I had really old version,way before CA implemented lost tool retrieval.