1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lopunny Race Mod PG V0.1

Add Lopunnys as a playable race.

1. Douglas The Hedgehog

Douglas The Hedgehog Void-Bound Voyager

2 words. MAKE UMBREON!!!!!

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

3. ThumpieBunnyEve

ThumpieBunnyEve Void-Bound Voyager

Ok i can't get this mod to work with the current steam version of Starbound. :"( I'm at this point trying to take the files from this and overlay them into a different mod called "Lopunny Improvements 1.41 (CG)". ( http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/lopunny-improvements.3208/update?update=18975 ) it's probably not going to work without editing a bunch of instructor files for where images start and stop and ground/foot heights or stuff... I'm a bit worried..

But I've no other way to play the PRETTY lopunny Ochiru Yuki ( http://community.playstarbound.com/members/ochiru-yuki.257329/ ) has given up on, nor see the alterations Mackinz made :"{

"Lopunny Improvements 1.41 (CG)" is at least Current to the present starbound build.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Um... are you saying you're trying to use the original Lopunny sprites and use my mod with them? Well, if you really want to do that, then all you have to do is go to \Starbound\mods\Lopunny Improvements - CG - 1.41\humanoid\lopunny\, delete all the image files there and the "hair" folder, then open the "Original Backups" folder, copy all the images and the "hair" folder there, then go back to the \lopunny\ folder and paste them there.

Though I don't know why you would want to use the old sprites over the new ones when the new ones look significantly more like a Lopunny.

[​IMG]

5. ThumpieBunnyEve

thank you for the instructions! when i last worked with this it was early in angry kawala build? and i worked with mr: Ochiru Yuki a bit, and like you modified his sprites just a nibble so things like the eyebrows would not mess up hats too much and such. even got a playboy bunny suit on her to work. so my own files, very outdated, worked on the old old version of starbound. I've not even gotten to see your edits till above, thank you for displaying them!

oh I'm so awful at posting on this forum formatting changes are all a mess any time something gets bolded... fooie.

Yes Mr Mackinz, your additions are beautiful! I just like the shape and length of the pointed lopunny muzzle in Ochiru Yuki's version. Your head looks more round and intelligent, and the ears are delightful! definition on your paw outlines are a little less stark then on Ochiru's, it reminds me of MLP-FIM, my old mods used Ochiru's sprites though, eyebrows, and a playboy bunny costume.

ok enough babble! bunny is going to try what you said to implant the images like you said!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  6. ThumpieBunnyEve

wheres the " Original Backups " ?? is that one that is in a zip some where or just on yours?

oh i think maybe i found it i think ~~ *tickles it*

oh i think i got it working, though the eye-color is half pink dot no matter what i pick. maybe theres an eye-color sprite someplace overlapping it. *sniffs around*

merf, where is the Eye-Color for the Lopunny determined? is it stuck just being 1 pixel? I'm not sure where the eye.png would be. I'm interested in expanding it to cover the bright pink pixel below the 1-color changing pixel.

Mackinz Thank you for helping me set things up with the Lopunny-Improvements pack by the way!
    Meep you created that mod! i feel so silly! i only just realized!

Mackinz thank you for the private messages help stuffs! you helped lots! it's an eye color of F59FBC that becoems the changeable color in "\mods\lopunny\humanoid\lopunny\femalehead.png" now i know! thank you for putting up with me! hehe <3 thank you for your lopunny work too!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  7. Arcadere

Arcadere Orbital Explorer

Uh.... what's the difference of the UB... PG..... etc whatever in the titles? which one do I need for the most recent version of the game?

8. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

Oh wow, I'll answer this until Mackinz pops up. PG is for Pleased Giraffe and UB I believe is for Upbeat Giraffe (correct me if I'm wrong). Both of those builds are for the game while it was still in Beta. I believe just adding mech compatibility will make it playable.

Although it's been a while since I have used this mod myself so I'm pretty sure Mackinz can give you a better answer.

9. Arcadere

er........ I mean that's uh... giraffes.... sure! that's cool. *shrug*
    Anyways! Now that that's out of the way. Is there a "Frackin' Races" mod support for this? It's a mod that adds racial abilities and stuff... All the other custom races I've installed have support for it Frakin' Races... but Lopunny does not. I've also noticed that the Lopunny race has reduced jump height from the other races for some reason.
    Idk if development on this mod is still possible but it would be nice to see these addressed.

(edit: also if anybody has helpful info regarding frakin' coding plz PM me)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  10. Arcadere

It's going to be slow going since I have so little free time, but I'm going to put some finishing touches on the Lopunny race myself. I've figured out alot of the coding and such.

11. Zancuno

Well, have fun. I have no idea what happened to Mackinz, can't contact it seems. If you get it going, be sure to find Ochiru Yuki and tell him the news. He created the race originally. I took over the lucario while Mackinz the lopunny, both being originally Ochiru's Work.

12. AuraSol282

AuraSol282 Void-Bound Voyager

I followed the directions and put the folder in the directory but i still get a CTD before the main menu even appears.

13. shardinhand

shardinhand Void-Bound Voyager

hey so im on mac, and i tried putting all the files and foulders into the mod section but i dont know what im doin... :v halp!

14. Zancuno

These files are highly outdated, they'll just crash you anyways. The people working on a revival are on a hiatus atm (because IRL is a pain sometimes)

15. shardinhand

thanks so much for the reply!, its enough ta know that there are people still tryin to support this cool mod, ima hope the best for them. <3 oh you as well m8

16. shardinhand

any progress updating this mod? best to you etherway.