Looks like Divorce will be possible v1.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KayokoSalsa, Apr 15, 2016.

1. BonusStage

BonusStage Astral Cartographer

Got me wondering how many times you could divorce and re-marry... and if you could re-marry your ex... and if they take the kids or if they stay at the farm... then I wonder if they'd visit the kids...

... bleh, it's all so... mean and sad lol. Dumping Penny, Seb, and Abby back in their unhappy home life, Harvey and Elliott becoming more alone than they ever were, etcetera...

I'm still intrigued in how this stuff would play out, but yeah, I'll take my happily ever after.

• Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah. It is going to be weird because surely if you divorce you will want new kids with your new spouse. So idk how CA plans to do this. I wouldn't have bothered lol. Teach people to stick with their choices! HAHA

• BonusStage

I mean I totally understand and respect that people LOVE Shane/Emily and would like to marry them on their main file, or they just aren't happy with their current spouse, but... yeah, I dunno, it is a bit weird to think about and does seem like something that can get out of hand (marry and divorce everyone!), but maybe the feature wouldn't be that extreme... but also who really knows.

I do have a feeling the child limit would still be two. Imagining paying child support to a number of exes is kinda funny though :p

• Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe he will make it like you get one free redo. And it just basically reverts it like you never married them. So you don't have kids no awkwardness.

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

okay so because of this conversation we all had i made a comic based on it

[​IMG]

time well spent

• rmd64

rmd64 Subatomic Cosmonaut

In case anyone was curious about what would happen if you got your spouse to zero hearts, well I did it. And I feel horrible, but it was kind of entertaining to pelt Sebastian with 100 rocks with the slingshot (it's only useful feature). I was just really curious/bored at the time so I decided I would see what would happen. Thus far he has blocked my farmer's kisses and says some extremely upsetting dialog.

Iffydust and BonusStage like this.
              • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Extremely upsetting in what sort of way...? Can you provide a sample?

• rmd64

i haven't made any screenshots but some examples are things like" I can't believe you would do this to me", "do you still care about me, ___?", "Things sure are different since we got married",.... Ironically he still sometimes waters the already watered crops.

• MagicallyClueless

*cries uncontrollably*
                    *decides to read the silly comic she made 80 times*

why do you do this to sebby

• mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

Also something like regret for not having a relationship with Abigail. So yeah, dont treat your hubby badly. Seb is one of those with many hurtful comments in bad relationship.

• rmd64

Don't worry, I'm sashimiing my way back to twelve hearts. :( IN MY DEFENSE only playing a game the way you're supposed only gives you part of the experience it has to offer... yeah I should still feel horrible.

MagicallyClueless likes this.
                        • Jumboshrimp

Jumboshrimp Cosmic Narwhal

I guess I'm the only person who chooses Alex on my first playthrough; I understand somewhat how Haley people feel now.

Landwalker likes this.
                          • Wildroses

Wildroses Void-Bound Voyager

That one Sebastian must be very busy.

Megzzzx and rmd64 like this.
                            • lilly_ampleton

lilly_ampleton Void-Bound Voyager

Ohh I love that soooo much. :love:

MagicallyClueless likes this.
                              • BonusStage

MagicallyClueless, that comic is amazing and adorable.

These are apparently specific to Seb:

"Look, I just want to be alone. Why don't you go outside and do your own thing for a while?"
                                "[angry face] What do you want? You sound like my step-dad. Go away."
                                "[sad face] This place is starting to feel like a tomb."
                                "[sad face] I started smoking again... I've just been really stressed out lately."

I have no idea where the general unhappy dialogue is... fortunately somebody on tumblr posted them → [here]

• mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

"“Ugh… I feel a little nauseated this morning.$s” : “I’m pregnant… can’t you make your own breakfast?”"
                                  "I’m pregnant. Isn’t it wonderful?$l”

I know marriage is a magical experience, but I didn't expect it was THAT magical for Seb's body..

• BonusStage

LOL! I would hope not.

What I linked is a list of "what your spouse can say when they’re angry with you, pregnant with or adopting a child, redecorating your house, and other things like cute nicknames they might call you." It says so right under the picture :p

mrobake likes this.
                                    • MagicallyClueless

WHHHHYYYYYY
                                      HE STARTS SMOKING AGAIN NOo o NO
                                      </3

omg

i wiLL NEVER SEE THIS DIALOGUE IN MY GAME EVER
                                      SO HELP ME

doing things for science/experiments has gone too far
                                      i am now claiming all the sebs
                                      all of your sebastian licenses are revoked
                                      *snaps fingers in sassy fashion*

(thank you <3 comics are fun!)

• Dougl07

Dougl07 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm now terrified that someone's gonna post the 0-heart dialogue for Elliott.
                                        I might need to unwatch this thread just in case.
                                        I don't think I could handle it.

• MagicallyClueless

if i have to suffer then everyone has to suffer

just kidding, omg, reading these things are so horrible
                                          i'm reliving undertale genocide mode again except even worse

rmd64 likes this.