Looks like Divorce will be possible v1.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KayokoSalsa, Apr 15, 2016.

1. MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

of course, i am one who believes we all have equal right to at least one sebastian

Iffydust and NikkSword like this.
    • Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

Hahaha. "And let it be know far and wide across the free world of Stardew Valley that every man, woman, and child is entitled to one Sebastian."

• EvilPoptart81

EvilPoptart81 Cosmic Narwhal

I don't think i'd be able to go through with divorcing once it's implemented. I may have a dark little husk of a heart but, I've grown too attached to my save files and characters to put their tiny pixelated hearts through a break up ;^;

Iffydust, Megzzzx, Borodin and 2 others like this.
        • Megzzzx

Same. I already can't face Harvey because I chose Sebastian over him. Harvey fell for me so fast... I felt bad. Oh and Sam but Sam is young, he'll get over it. So I couldn't just like upset any more men. HAHA not that I would want to.

lilly_ampleton likes this.
          • barbieshangover

barbieshangover Star Wrangler

You heart breaker you. :p Now I've finally gotten to know Elliot more, I think he's more a match for me, Sebastian will be fine he has you and Magic.

MagicallyClueless and Megzzzx like this.
            • Megzzzx

I know I am!!! :( I use to do it all the time and I didn't mean to. I just like blinked and every man within a 5 foot radius fell hopelessly in love with me. Good thing with time that power faded. And yes, Sebby will be just fine. HEHE

• barbieshangover

Oh the good old days when guys thought if you made any sort of conversation they were in there and then as soon as they find out you were taken, *poof* they disappear forever. Haha.

• BonusStage

BonusStage Astral Cartographer

Haha! Related-ish: Every time I hear the song Eros and Apollo I think of the male farmer. "All the other men turn gay wherever he goes" indeed. :p

On topic, divorce isn't something I'd do, but I'm very interested in the drama that would probably ensue, such as awkward dialogue with the ex and their family/friends lol

But like... can you imagine how freaking sad it would be to divorce Sebastian and then marry his half-sister? Replaced by Maru... again... :')
                  ... my heart hurts just thinking about it :')

Megzzzx and barbieshangover like this.
                  • SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

Well this is a good thing @Afterscore been working his butt off he deserves a break Who knows maybe CA Will make him the divorce agent ingame

Iffydust likes this.
                    • Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm more a "make new save file and play new game pursuing a different spouse" kind of player myself so I doubt the divorce option will be a thing I use. :rofl:

I am curious as to how relationships and dialogues could get affected by divorce. Will the spouse just default back to their pre-marriage script and its like nothing happened and they forgot you entirely or will they have unique dialogue? Will their heart status plunge back to 0? Will the kids vanish? MYSTERIES. :V

BonusStage likes this.
                      • Megzzzx

Haha. This is true. I can't wait to play a male farmer for that reason.

And that is so sad!!!!!!!!! T_T

• barbieshangover

If I new how to create new save files I probably would try marrying everyone too.

• MagicallyClueless

omg.... </3
                            nO
                            that is.... </3 NO

i hope to never see such heartbreaking dialogue in my gameplay. I like drama, but.... my heart, it bleeds. i can't handle stuff like that.

• Megzzzx

I agree. I feel bad for Sebastian and once you get married he is so happy and he feels so free and it would be horrible to take that away and give it to his sister. :( Plus that is just messed up... that is like something for the jerry springer show

• barbieshangover

You guys are making me feel bad for considering a divorce in the first place!

BonusStage and Megzzzx like this.
                                • Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

To make a new save, you just gotta in the title screen click the New option and it lets you make a new farmer that will have its own save file. The saves are based on your farmer character so they don't actually overwrite an already existing save. I got like 5 farmers to choose from anytime I hit Load.

barbieshangover likes this.
                                  • BonusStage

BonusStage Astral Cartographer

I'M SORRY LOL

Divorce in general will be depressing but that scenario in particular HURTS •́ ‸ •̀

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

But what if.. you divorce Seb and marry someone else.. only to divorce that person and run to Seb and yell "I WAS SO WRONG! OUR LOVE IS ETERNAL AND I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU AGAIN! FORGIVE MY SINS!"

And that begins the makeup sexy times

• barbieshangover

Ooh, that sounds like a good bout of drama. The only thing though, the person you leave for Seb, who you left Seb for... Their poor heart!

Megzzzx likes this.
                                        • MagicallyClueless

I WOULD NEVER FORGIVE MYSELF FOR LEAVING HIM TO BEGIN WITH
                                          HE DESERVES SOMEONE MORE PURE THAN I

FOR I HAVE BEEN TAINTED BY THE EVIL CLUTCHES OF MARU
                                          *sobs*
                                          he would take me back, but i...
                                          i do not deserve such perfection