1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Looking to join server with S3r1ous Mods mod pack

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Thundercraft, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

I looked on The Starbound Server List, but I could only find 4 under the "modded" tag. And none of those seemed to use the S3r1ous Mods mod pack.

That's about all I'm looking for in a server: A friendly place that uses the S3r1ous Mods mod pack. And I don't understand why, out of nearly 500 servers listed, none of them use it. :wtf: The mod pack has over 15,000 downloads and is, by far, the most popular mod pack and one of the all-time most popular Starbound mods. When I looked at the server list a year or so ago, there were several servers which used it...

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

From what I've seen, the large servers nowadays tend to pick and choose their own set of mods instead of relying on someone else's choices for a modpack. If you dive into the modpack in question, you should be able to figure out which mods you're using (and like) and then go find servers that have those mods.

3. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

That sounds like good advice, except... As I said, only four servers can be found with the "Modded" tag. So, either there are more servers which use mods that fail at applying the "Modded" tag, or less than 1% of all servers actually use mods. I've looked at the descriptions of several mods without the Modded tag and, so far, I haven't found any that mention the use of mods. Indeed, a number of servers proudly declare that they do not use mods. And while there are 49 servers with the "Vanilla" tag, even those without that tag do not seem to mention mods.

It sounds to me like there is some reason (or reasons, plural) why servers tend not to use mods. Whatever the case, I find this absence rather frustrating.:nurusad: At the very least, I was hoping to find more than one server that used FrackinUniverse...

4. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Not all servers may choose to register themselves with a third-party site. I suggest looking in the Public Servers section of the forums here: http://community.playstarbound.com/forums/public-servers.104/

Note that not all of the server listings are active any more, and the thread creator (usually the server owner/operator) also has to apply a tag themselves, it is not automatic.