Modding Discussion Looking for New RNG Weapon Ideas

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SpazDiesFirst360.0, Oct 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

The name speaks for itself. If you think there should be a new rng weapon class, put those ideas here.

2. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Teleporter-assisted supply air-drops. Shop ahead of time, and plan several containers to choose from as the situation warrants.
    • Food, medicine, drugs, bombs and moltovs.
    • Augmented armor sets and weapon loadouts for specific encounter types and mini-biomes
    • Materials for assembling a fortification or forward base
    • Robots, war beasts and turrets
    • Avoid risk of loss associated with carrying everything everywhere (normal mode)
    Build a walkie-talkie that does two things
    1. designates a container of stuff as an air-drop (removes it to an off-map air-drop inventory of containers)
    2. calls in an air drop (select one of the air-drop containers to deploy at your location)
    Air drops destroy the container on arrival

3. SpazDiesFirst360.0

Not very well seasoned in lua, but I can certainly try. Can start with a simple block spawning projectile with block dropping loot. Then escalate to more advanced selectivity with loot pool selection; more options, more reliable. Then advance further to where locality is no longer an issue; deploy anywhere within the loaded sector; click where you want it and it spawns there.

Just building off of your idea. It will present a challenge, but I think it is definitely possible.

AngleWyrm likes this.
  4. SpazDiesFirst360.0

I have also been thinking of cluster missile launchers, which would function like a burst fire rocket launcher. I have started experimenting with this, the supply caller (from above comments), and flails. Don't know where those will go as far as progress, but it could turn out very well.

5. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pet drone
    A small flying machine that fires on hostiles.

6. SpazDiesFirst360.0

This sounds incredibly fun to have. Seems a lot like something that can be done with monsters and capture pods, but it may be harder than that.

What if someone made a weapon similar to the Last Prism from Terraria? Sounds like total crowd control...