Modding Help Looking for modder(s) to take over project

Discussion in 'Mods' started by missydiabolic, Jan 11, 2018.

1. missydiabolic

missydiabolic Orbital Explorer

Hello lovely people,

I am posting this in the hope of finding someone (or multiple some ones) who is/are interested in taking over a part-way finished town overhaul project, or who would like to use my assets and go in a new direction with them; if you are a Modder or want to be one please do read on...

A few months ago I started working on a town buildings overhaul, and shared some previews of the progress over on nexus (such as here https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/images/83 and here https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/images/89). I've been getting great feedback and positive reactions from these and was eager to finish the project, especially after my shirts mod was a surprise hit (5k downloads still blows my mind! <3 to everyone who downloaded!)

Unfortunately it now seems I cannot continue my work, for a couple of reasons:

1) I have M.E., aka chronic fatigue syndrome. The easiest way to describe my day to day health is it's like having a hangover, while having the flu, after running a marathon. Lately my joint pain and 'brain fog' has been particularly bad, I just can't concentrate on all those pixels. This has been compounded by...

2) My dad died the day after Christmas, 3 days after his 53rd birthday. Concentrating properly on anything right now is just so, so hard.

I know that I won't be working on anything for some time and that the project could easily just be forgotten. I thought about publishing it as is, with a warning that it wasn't perfected, but that just isn't my style; I'm a perfectionist and I don't like giving people sloppy work.

So, I was thinking, maybe someone out there could take up the mantle? I am very happy to share my work with anyone, they can tweak, edit, re-imagine to their hearts content and post it under their name; I'd only ask that they mention me as a co-creator in the credits, and that they produce a complete, finished, polished mod.

If you are interested, the file can be found in my drop box here:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public?preview=Spring_town_Missyoverhaul_version19.xcf

**A note on file format- I use GIMP, I have never used anything else, so the files are .xcf to preserve the layers I have been using as I developed the mod. If you need a different format tell me what kind and I'll try to convert them (and keep in mind I have limited knowledge on graphics programmes, file formats etc and am brain foggy! I got so confused on how to export multiple layers, like, is that even a possible thing? Should I just export each separate layer for you to put back together your end? damn you, brain fog!)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

You're certainly having a rough time; I hope things get better for you. I posted this in the Discord so more modders see it. :)

• Yoseiri

Yoseiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

YEs!! I am willing to do it!!! i hope your life will get better though!!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@missydiabolic Two questions:
          • That Dropbox link doesn't work; can you post a shared link instead? (You could also zip up the files and attach them here.)
          • Do you mind if modders use your work in a different mod (i.e. not a town overhaul mod), as long as they credit you?

• missydiabolic

Hello,

Yoseiri, super exciting that you are interested, thank you <3
            Pathoschild, doh! my bad, here's a link that should actually work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zl72axb4oao57cm/Spring_town_Missyoverhaul_version19.xcf?dl=0
            I tried archiving it as a zip and uploading but the file was too big. I could always export all the separate layers as pngs and upload them one at a time if that would help x

Oh and yes I totally am happy for people to take the mod in whatever direction they choose; a new map, a town overhaul, individual building overhauls, whatever floats your boat, I just ask that whoever publishes ensures quality work (for example, I haven't play tested any of the designs in game, someone would need to do this, i' hate my work to cause trouble in other peeps games)

• missydiabolic

• Feenie13

Feenie13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm so sorry! I can, at the very least, help test this for those who need it, I'm not the best at handling programming yet.

I am sad you aren't continuing, but if it's for personal reasons, then so be it. Best of luck to you in everything!