Modding Help Looking for Jukebox's Sound File

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by ArchieTheLabRat, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ArchieTheLabRat

ArchieTheLabRat Void-Bound Voyager

Hey everyone! I had an idea for a Mod, and despite having no skill in such areas, I gave it a shot.
    I'm looking for the sound the USCM bunker's Jukebox makes. Where can this be found in the game's files?

I've already unpacked the assets and all that, I'm not entirely incompetent, don't worry.

Thanks!
    - Archimedes

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

3. ArchieTheLabRat

Thanks, I appreciate it. Hm, I can find the Jukebox in the "Objects" subfolder, but there's only the Icon.
    It's also the only instance of the word "Jukebox" in the game's assets, unless I'm missing some files from my unpacking?

4. The | Suit

You probably didn't unpack it completely.

5. ArchieTheLabRat

Well, this is embarrassing. I'm actually intrigued as to how that happened.
    I have a follow-up question, if that's fine.
    If a sound is replaced, and the sound that replaced it is longer than the original, what happens? Is it cut off?

6. The | Suit

It matters - but thats what experimentation is for.
    Keep in mind some objects don't update until you destroy it and replace them agaain.

Some times you may need to make a completely new object in the game so the code updates to the new object.

7. ArchieTheLabRat

The jukebox played the sound to completion, despite it being about 30 seconds longer than the stock sound. Awesome! I also tested to see if it worked with shorter sounds, and it does. Now I have Dunka Dunka on a jukebox. I'll never forget this moment

The | Suit likes this.