Modding Help Looking for Artist to collaborate on Flash Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by redfoxdev, Jun 11, 2020.

1. redfoxdev

redfoxdev Aquatic Astronaut

Hello community!
    I am looking for an artist to help me with the Starbound Flash Mod.

Project Overview
    It is a little project which I like to work on in my own time. Starbound Flash mod is attempting to re-create DC speedster experience in the universe of Starbound. Since many storylines in Flash are revolving around futuristic tech, space, multiverses, etc. Starbound seemed to be the perfect game for such playing around with these ideas.

The v. 1.0 was released in Spring and it was heavily geared towards getting super-speed right: mechanics and VFX. It was successful, to a certain extent. For the next update I am planning to refine the existing mechanics, add customizable lightning color and also add more items/armors to make the experience more immersive.

In particular, I am planning to add more suits related to Flash and his allies/enemies DC: Flash suit, Reverse Flash suit, Zoom (CW) suit, Savitar (CW) suit, etc.

Role Description
    Therefore I am looking for an artist who would come on board and create the visuals for the mentioned suits. I am looking for someone who is enthusiastic about the topic and who is ready to engage in some rapid prototyping and quick iteration in attempt to solve how visually the comic suits can be represented to their best in the 2D pixel-perfect game.

Should you accept this role, you would be listed as one of the mod developers and your content will be seen by dozens of people! Note that if you are a beginner artist, modding work is always useful to be put on a resume because you get to collaborate with other developers, practice understanding of an art pipeline, practice teamwork and you will end up contributing to the actual tangible project that many people are already engaging with that you can link to.

Let me know if you are interested and we go from there.