Looking for Alien Alpaca set

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Amaziah, Apr 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Amaziah

Amaziah Poptop Tamer

I'm looking for planets with the alpaca outfit pieces on them. I'm also looking for specific detailed info about where it is. Thanks in advance.

2. x3notyp

x3notyp Void-Bound Voyager

You can find the pieces of the Alien Alpaca Set in stone chests inside Alpine mini biomes.
    It can be found on Tundra, Snow and Forest planets. Here you can find more information about the mini biome.

If you don't feel adventurous and want to get it as quickly as possible, you can search the coordinates mega thread in this forum for the set.

3. Amaziah

Amaziah Poptop Tamer

I am aware in what biome they are in, however I've been to several of these biomes already and found plenty of stone chests, but not a single piece of the set, and most of these chests are underground and hard to find. I have also already searched the mega thread and there are NO mentions of the alpaca set post 1.3, since after 1.3 the planets changed...

4. x3notyp

x3notyp Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, since I still had the Alien Alpaca Set on my todo list for a while, I just tried to get it myself. To my surprise, the coordinates from the mega thread still seem to work. I found the whole set from the coordinates in this posting.

Pollux Strand I X: -949500234; Y: 259342756
    The description is still somewhat accurate. I went left through a floran village and found the alpine biome. Instead of two Alpaca huts, there was only a single, empty hut. Still, the stone chest with the legs was still there, around 50 blocks left of the hut and 40 blocks down.

Balon Rest II a X: 762007227; Y: 574291037
    While technically correct, the description "somewhere in the caves" was quite ambiguous. I found the alpine biome after walking to the right for a while. It mainly consists of two hills with some alpaca huts. The stone chests are all underground, though. I found everything through spelunking everywhere. The mask is in a location that can be found several screens directly underneath a cave with two stone chests close to each other at the left foot of the left hill. The sweater is in a cave at the left foot of the right hill, but not that far down.

For the reference, I found the set at these locations in Starbound 1.3.3 on Windows 10 x64.

Thanks for the motivation to finally search it. :DD

Braixeren and Amaziah like this.
  5. Amaziah

Amaziah Poptop Tamer

Thanks alot friend! :)