Modding Help Looking for a mod that...

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ilikeprinting, Jul 25, 2018.

1. ilikeprinting

ilikeprinting Void-Bound Voyager

I've had my eye out for a bit but I'm looking for a mod that allows me to collect or use a tool regardless of where I'm standing. I find it incredibly tedious to have to walk up and down the rows to collect the multitude of artisan products and have to time the click. Am I missing an easier way to do this?? Running SPAMI 2.6 with the Beta. TIA!

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

Have you tried Automate?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

would automate help collect stuff like parsnips and tomatoes(that is items that require direct contact to harvest)?

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

No, Automate only interacts with items that are machines; although, it does consider tappers and beehouses in that category.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

It does work with Junimo huts for automating crops though.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

You might look into the options for replanter, chests anywhere, and deluxe auto-grabber
              Replanter will grab your harvestable goods, replant them for a cost, and drop them into your inventory or chest/s you indicate.
              Chests anywhere lets you access your chests with a keypress
              and deluxe autograbber can grab your crops into one spot (and i think it works with automate already, or thats in the works)

not a single mod I know, but these have tons of uses that you can get creative with

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

To simplify harvesting there's Harvest with Scythe

• Justy311

Justy311 Void-Bound Voyager

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2162

Joys of Efficiency

The amount of options on this should cover what you want. It will allow you to auto water, harvest, push/pull into machinesetc. If you turn off balanced mode it lets you do it all really quickly. I don't personally use it for all that. I use it for the auto petting, fishing info, gift info, and auto gates but there is quite a lot of stuff that it does.

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1063

Automate

Like others have mentioned is really good for machines too. It will push/pull from a chest and you just loot or add to the chest. Really good if you use Chest Anywhere so you can just put stuff in the chest and get it from anywhere.

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1401

Tractor Mod

Build and ride your trusty tractor which will allow you to do whatever tool you have selected's job in a 3x3 area around you (Customizable in the config.json if you want it more). This includes planting seeds, harvesting (Scythe), tilling soil, etc.

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2462

Deluxe Auto-Grabber

This one here lets you place the auto grabbers (from Marine) in any animal house including slime hutch and coops instead of just barns. It will pick up everything. There is also a global grabber that you can either set up in the default location in the desert or set your own location that will pull in all world forage (such as coconuts, mushrooms, seasonal forage, and truffles from your farm)

Something here should tickle your fancy. Good luck and have fun. :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

(Automate does work with Deluxe Auto-Grabber too.)

• ThatAnarchyDude

ThatAnarchyDude Aquatic Astronaut

Automate, Deluxe Auto-Grabber, and Chests Anywhere seem to have issues though.
                      Can't Auto-Plant/Auto-Water, and any seeds I put into the Auto-Grabber go directly into the chest I've connected with it via Automate.
                      Also, the Auto-Grabber seems to not Auto-Plant/Auto-Water even AFTER I remove the chest.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That sounds like an issue with Deluxe Auto-Grabber, if it doesn't work when you remove the chest too. I suggest letting the author know so they can look into it.

The seeds getting moved to the chest is expected though, since Automate just treats them as machine output; I could look into fixing that part in an upcoming version.

• ThatAnarchyDude

ThatAnarchyDude Aquatic Astronaut

I figured.
                          I got it working on a different save, but still can't get it working on my original save, and the Auto-Watering still won't work.
                          I've tried contacting the Deluxe Auto-Grabber author AND the Auto-Grabber author (as I'm using BOTH for full functionality), but neither of them seem to be answering.

That would be fantastic!
                          Thank you so much in advance for all you've done so far.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• blackoes

blackoes Intergalactic Tourist

automate mod works with tappers when the chest is directly next to the tapper, but doesnt work when i connect the tree to a chest using path. most annoying having to go around to every chest at the trees.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard