1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Looking for a kind individual to help me set up a server once beta releases

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Atropo, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Atropo

Atropo Orbital Explorer

Hi there!

I'm excited about the release in a few hours, as I'm sure some of you are. I haven't done this sort of manual server setup in a very very long time and I was hoping someone could help me out with getting the dedicated server up and running.

I checked out the forum and went with creeperhost, since it seems flexible enough and has access to both SSH and SFTP.
    I know that setting up the server SHOULD in theory be as simple as modifying the server settings file, uploading the server files via SFTP, and then running the server via putty or something similar through the SSH login.

I am however still having a bit of a problem locating things in the tests I've been running. If someone who knows about all of this jazz would be so kind as to contact me so that we can chat about it I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

EDIT: Neeeevermindddddd. I figured it out! Thanks anyway :D

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. Coffeeman

Coffeeman Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey @Atropo if you still need help, you can PM me about it and id be happy to help. :)