RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah for some reason you can't plant sunflowers in summer; Only fall.

• FarmerLeda

FarmerLeda Space Spelunker

Hello! I absolutely love this mod so first of all I want to say thank you very much for all the hard work you have put into it!

I have a couple of issues,

One, I am trying to complete the ship 15 of all items challenge and what I believe to be sunflower seeds (between carrot and sugar cane on the collections page as seen in the pic.) do not register when shipped. I know you are aware of the problem with planting sunflower seeds, but I wanted to bring this issue with shipping them to your attention as well, as I can not get the achievement until this is fixed.

[​IMG]

That is, I believe these to be the sunflower seeds, as I don't see what else they could be given the picture outline. If I am mistaken, please do let me know.

My second issue is the inability to find any cocoa. Again the outline is in the collections and it appears in the information tab, but I have not been able to locate any for sale, if somebody could help me out with their location, I would really appreciate it. :nuruflirt:

Thanks so much for your time!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.6.6:

Longevity v1.6.6 with DNPCD BETA is live!
        *To opt-in the beta, simply set "DNPCD_BETA" to "true" in the Longevity Configuration file.

Changes:

• Sunflower seeds should now be plantable in the Summer.
        • Olive and lemon trees should now produce the proper fruit.
        • NPCs should no longer revert to their vanilla clothing content during festivals.
        • Debug configuration options added for developer testing.
        • Now compatible with SMAPI 2.0.
        • Various smaller bug fixes and optimizations.

Dynamic NPC Clothing (DNPCC):
        • New graphic included along with credits in the "Credit" folder (*Provided to you by the DNPCC team).
          • This graphic shows all current original DNPCC content.
        • Trigger added for NPC workplaces ("Shane: Jojamart" and "Maru: Hospital").
        • Trigger added for all 8 festivals (NPC should default to their seasonal content if they have no festival specific content).

Dynamic NPC Dialogue (DNPCD):
        • DNPCD BETA is live!
        • Abigail is the first NPC to use the current DNPCD system.
        • Locational dialogue: Dialogue that Abigail will use depending on game location, weather, time, relationship level with player, and nearby NPCs.
          • This dialogue will only happen once and in random orders to make the game feel less linear.
        • Festival dialogue: Dialogue that Abigail will during festivals across many years.

Release Timeline:
        • Installation walk-through video (Before v1.6.7)
        • [v1.6.7] - This upcoming Sunday (October 22nd, 2017):
          • Relational dialogue: Dialogue that Abigail will use depending on the players relationship with; Sam, Sebastian, Pierre, Caroline, Robin.
          • Marriage dialogue: Dialogue that Abigail will use during marriage with other triggers.
          • Bug fixes, optimizations, and dialogue typos.

Download: Longevity v1.6.6
        Previous Version Threads:
        Longevity v1.0->v1.2 | Longevity v1.3->v1.4
        Discord: https://discord.gg/5mwwh8w

Feel free to PM me your thoughts, suggestions, or feedback.
        Thank you!

• miloneuman

miloneuman Phantasmal Quasar

I'm really excited to see how this mod continues to develop! It looks like a real game-changer!

Out of curiosity, is there a chance that there will there be support for high-resolution portraits somewhere down the line? I'm working on a set now, and I'd love to adapt them sometime in the future to include all the alternate costumes and mesh with whatever the final version of this mod is, but at the moment high-res portraits are only possible through Platonymous' portraiture mod. That's a bummer, because I'd hate to have to choose between one or the other.

HopeWasHere likes this.
          • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.6.7:

*To opt-in the beta, simply set "DNPCD_BETA" to "true" in the Longevity Configuration file.

*If you're updating, be sure to keep your Data.txt file. If you're new, follow the instruction in the text file name [This is necessary for DNPCD].
            *You must do this for every update if you overwrite your files with the default setup.

Changes:
            • NPC animations should now work again!
            • NPCs should now use their DNPCC content during cut-scene events.
            • Lemon saplings can no longer be exploited for infinite gold.
            • Index errors for updating the inventory with some items present should no longer be an issue.

Release Timeline:

• Installation walk-through video (Before v1.6.8)
            • [v1.6.8] - This upcoming Sunday (October 29th, 2017):
              • ONE OF THE BELOW:
                • Relational dialogue: Dialogue that Abigail will use depending on the players relationship with; Sam, Sebastian, Pierre, Caroline, Robin.
                • Marriage dialogue: Dialogue that Abigail will use during marriage with other triggers.
              • Bug fixes, optimizations, and dialogue typos.

Download: Longevity v1.6.7
            Previous Version Threads: Longevity v1.0->v1.2 | Longevity v1.3->v1.4
            Discord: https://discord.gg/5mwwh8w

Feel free to PM me your thoughts, suggestions, or feedback.
            Thank you!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Glad to hear, and most likely not anytime soon :(

• Ryuusuke

Ryuusuke Aquatic Astronaut

Wow, I really like your mod. It's really great that you didn't hard-coded them so we can add any npc name in there. By the way, can you add bathhouse it there? It find freak when they cloth in there lol. It would be cool if we can use map name if it's not conflict with fixed key path so it's forward-compat. with any official change and we can dynamically add something, for example,
                BathHouse_Pool, JoshHouse
                DNPCC\Spring\JoshHouse,DNPCC\Spring\<any in game map name here>

If I don't miss something there're 4 choices: Beach,Indoors,Outdoors,Rain for each season; Workplace swap out then season, and Festivals. Are there more choice as is. Where can I find these info, thank you. Really nice art too^^

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Ryuusuke

I could look to add some locations in the future, yes.
                  Thanks for the feedback, and thank the artists of the DNPCC team for the artwork :)

• Ryuusuke

Ryuusuke Aquatic Astronaut

yeah! I will wait for update. It would really fun to add cloth to any proper location with dynamic location feature^^

• zarzaz

zarzaz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi i have unlocked everything except two crops:
                      mcm1.png mcm2.png

And what about sodas from fruit trees?
                      Any fruit in keg makes vine.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@zarzaz

What other mods are you running?

• zarzaz

zarzaz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Mods that i use:
                          Code:
                          Entoarox Framework
                          Advanced Location Loader
                          Animal Sitter
                          Automate
                          Better Quarry
                          BreedRabbits

MailFramework
                          Custom Element Handler
                          Custom TV
                          ButcherMod
                          CasksAnywhere
                          Climates of Ferngill
                          CraftingCounter
                          Custom Critters
                          Custom Farming
                          Custom Furniture
                          DynamicChecklist
                          FastAnimations
                          Teh's Fishing Overhaul
                          Flower Color Picker
                          GetDressed
                          Honey Harvesting
                          Improved quality of life
                          Level Extender
                          Longevity
                          LookupAnything
                          Love Bubbles
                          Map Image Exporter
                          MoreWeapons
                          Museum Rearranger
                          OmniFarm
                          Pony Weight Loss Program
                          Better Quality, More Seeds
                          Seasonal Immersion
                          Seed Bag
                          Shop Expander
                          Shroom Spotter
                          Skill Prestige
                          SkipIntro
                          SkullCavernElevator
                          Sprinkler Range
                          Stumps to Hardwood
                          Tapper Ready
                          TreeTransplant
                          UI Info Suite
                          WinterGrass
                          Xnb Loader

• Karrus

Karrus Big Damn Hero

hi @RTGOAT!

even with the latest update I'm still having issues with planting sunflowers in the summer.

tl;dr: I vanilla-ed the game, smapi updated, longevity 1.6.7 and still can't plant them.

long version:
                            thought the issue was bc I was still running old smapi (1.15.1) bc Happy Animals mod doesn't work with newer versions. updated smapi and got rid of the animals mod but that didn't fix the issue.

then i figured maybe it's a mod conflict, tho I don't have many mods, so I restored my game to vanilla (got some self made edits to vanilla files, that's why), updated smapi, didn't put any mods but longevity and still nothing.

reversed back to my modded game since everything else I have turned on from your mod seems to be working just fine (so far) and I rather have the other mod working and sacrifice sunflowers if nothing changes anyway.

it's not that big of a deal, don't really care much about sunflowers. still, thought I'd report the issue.

I also have a question regarding the dynamic dialogue.

I edited some vanilla files for dialogues; added a few lines for characters but never bothered to turn them into actual "mod" files since I made those just for myself. so I'm assuming that, when your mod alters dialogues for the characters I already edited, it will break/not work properly/etc etc, yes? I have it off for now but it seems like a very interesting feature I may want to try out at some point.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Karrus

I'll double check flowers... ensure that you the new MCM content with v1.6.7 gets overwritten into your game.

As for DNPCD; it only gives NPCs dialogue through the mod which are also stored in the mod.
                              If you add or edit vanilla lines in the their .xnb files, they won't be affected by DNPCD changes.

• Karrus

Karrus Big Damn Hero

@RTGOAT
                                I reversed the game to vanilla state and tried it with just 1.6.7 release already; did "first time install" of your mod, so to speak and still couldn't plant them.

at first I thought it's just me since I didn't see anyone else reporting it after you said it should be fixed now. I have another copy of SV on my other pc, which was never modded at all, I'll try your mod there in the next few days and tell you the result. don't lose your head over it for now unless someone else reports it too.

and I may try the dialogue feature then, I didn't edit too many characters but still was worried it could break the mod.

thanks for your answer!

edit:
                                without changing anything since yesterday the sunflowers started working. I guess reverting to vanilla did work after all and my pc just had a hiccup. sorry for the trouble, I had to mess something up when updating.

I did notice another issue while testing however, tho I saw someone else mentioning it already. Robin's animations don't work on your farm; don't know about spouse's animations as I don't have one yet here. everyone else (including Robin) is working fine outside the farm. also, the bug doesn't seem to be affecting "cutscenes" on the farm (like when Leah comes over to tell you about her art event, or Gunther giving you sewers key, etc etc). it is related to dynamic clothing, turning it off in config fixes her.

gotta be honest, I have no clue how long this issue was there as I don't really pay much attention to her, haha.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
                                • Amariel34

Amariel34 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I also have the issue with fruit turning into wine and not soda. Tried it with an olive and got olive wine.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Amariel34

If you're up-to-date, be sure that your MCM content is also up-to-date and overwritten.

• user12241241

user12241241 Guest

I'm trying to use only the dynamic clothing portion of the mod. I've set everything except NPCCLothing to "false" in the config file but what does "StartDay" do being set to -1?

Also, would it be possible to differentiate between weather for the Beach as well? Some NPCs go to the beach even when its raining so it should be appropriate for them to wear rain gear too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2018
                                      • Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

Hm that's a good point. Perhaps we should deactivate the specific beach-wear when it's raining... Is this possible, @RTGOAT ?

• user12241241

user12241241 Guest

I'd also like to add a bug I'm coming across while trying to test if my changes are working. I'm running a test on Willy. I have is base art assets being used for Fall (Beach/In/Out/InsideRain) and all of Winter and a different sprite for all of Spring/Summer as well as Fall Rain Outside. I'm currently at the end of Summer in-game.

Test is run on a random day in Summer, clear weather.

When I first see Willy, he is using the proper edited sprites and portraits. He walks to the river by Leah's house and begins fishing. He stops sometime in the afternoon/evening and when the animation switches from fishing to walking, his sprite and portrait revert back to his base art. However, if he reacts to me searching a trash can, his portrait is back to edited. It also goes back if I talk to him after he transitions into a building.

I'm unsure of the cause behind this as the mod doesn't put out any debug info in the SMAPI console. I double checked my files, they are all properly named .xnb files, the YAML's are properly configured based off of other YAML's that were in the mod previously.