RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. EbonyMachelle

EbonyMachelle Void-Bound Voyager

@RTGOAT
    I am on windows 10 and I use the stardew valley mod manager to install smapi mods with ease

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@EbonyMachelle

I would need someone else who does the same to help confirm that it installs as intended.
      I'm not sure what else could be the causing of a directory issue. I have never used windows as well.

Attach your log for me, if you will to double check the issue.

• EbonyMachelle

@RTGOAT
        This is a screenshot of it Screenshot (6).png

• Roanold

Roanold Void-Bound Voyager

This is what I get.

[07:31:41 ERROR SMAPI] The Longevity.InformationMenu menu crashed while drawing itself. SMAPI will force it to exit to avoid crashing the game.
          Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: The content file was not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Content/../Mods/Longevity/Menu/TabHolder.xnb ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/justinragsdale/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/Resources/Mods/Longevity/Menu/TabHolder.xnb".
          at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) <0x102bec6c0 + 0x0022f> in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) <0x102bec650 + 0x00053> in <filename unknown>:0
          at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
          at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) <0x102bec4e0 + 0x0004a> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.PlatformOpenStream (System.String safeName) <0x10d27f830 + 0x00035> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream (System.String name) <0x10d2779f0 + 0x0008d> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream (System.String name) <0x10d2779f0 + 0x00137> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream (System.String assetName) <0x10d382040 + 0x000a5> in <filename unknown>:0
          --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream (System.String assetName) <0x10d382040 + 0x00135> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T] (System.String assetName, System.Action`1 recordDisposableObject) <0x10d381ab0 + 0x001c5> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T] (System.String assetName) <0x10d381820 + 0x00156> in <filename unknown>:0
          at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T] (System.String assetName) <0x10d3816b0 + 0x00112> in <filename unknown>:0
          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SContentManager.Load[T] (System.String assetName) <0x10d37e8d0 + 0x000b8> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Longevity.InformationMenu.draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch b) <0x1752889e0 + 0x000ad> in <filename unknown>:0
          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x1612e8000 + 0x0e0b3> in <filename unknown>:0

• KingOfWhales

KingOfWhales Void-Bound Voyager

https://imgur.com/a/ZP1b5

Penny is wearing her winter stuff in the spring, I don't think she was wearing it in the winter.

So is Emily and Leah

Jas is also wearing her winter stuff, but I think she was wearing it in the winter.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@KingOfWhales

These inconsistencies have been fixed for the upcoming release.
              (At least the ones I test for; your case may be unique)

Does Penny still use her Winter outfit after you have restarted the game?
              If so, her clothing may be in the wrong place.
              If not, it means that she was in Winter clothing, but never changed out of it when a new season came (This fix will be in next release).

@Roanold

If you or, @EbonyMachelle could stop by my discord @https://discord.gg/5mwwh8w, I would be happy to help dig further into the issue.
              Different environments causing these issues can make it hard to test and fix.

• EbonyMachelle

@RTGOAT
                I fixed it. It was a simple mistake. When SDVMM intalled the mod it put a number in front of the name on the folder therefore causing the mod not to work because it didn't recognize the name. I just went in and took out the number and it works perfectly.

Thank for taking the time to try and help.
                Cant wait for more from this mod. It makes the game more interesting.
                Keep up the awesome work.

RTGOAT likes this.
                • MaXx0r

MaXx0r Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I hope I'm allowed to share the translation to german I just made here.

Alvadea likes this.
                  • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I'm going to change the hotkey but I just wanted to let you know that if you accidentally press the hotkey to bring up the menu during a cutscene (for specifications sake, I was playing Shane's 6-Heart event), then the portraits and conversation will disappear and you'll be stuck clicking an invisible menu. I had to reset the game. So, warning to everyone else, set it to a keybind you don't often use. :p

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@MaXx0r

I can't check the contents of your download at this time (I'm mobile right now), but as long as it is only edited .xnbs that is okay for now. If it includes any other files/content I would appreciate if you could deattach the files and PM me so we could setup a more formal release.

I would rather include it to my official release and credit you for it. Just to keep content flowing from a single source.

@Xuomi

Thanks for that find, I'll create a fix for next update.

MaXx0r likes this.
                      • MaXx0r

MaXx0r Void-Bound Voyager

@RTGOAT

That's what I wanted too, since there are only the source files(.yml) and the mod files(.xnb) inside it. Feel free to include it to the official release and thanks for crediting me :)

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@MaXx0r

When I get back in town I'll contact you and set it up.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.6.5:

I apologize for how much I have delayed this update.
                            Thank you for being patient, and forgive me for taking more time to finish the DNPCD showcase.

Current [v1.6.5]:

• Permanent discord link posted on the first page of the info menu.
                            • Info menu DR should now display accurately.
                            • NPCs should now use their proper sprites when seasons change.
                            • Spouse should now be in proper clothing when player wakes up.
                            • All fruit trees should now bear fruit when it says they should.
                            • Sodas (Beta) Added:
                              • All fruit from fruit trees will become a soda when processed in a keg.
                              • Sodas increase in value as more of them are sold.
                            • New DNPCC Content!:
                              • @Seismothesaurus:
                                • Fall clothing for Jodi.
                                • Summer clothing for Kent [hair cut variation to come soon]).
                                • Fall clothing for Shane.
                                • Summer clothing for Shane.
                              • @Alvadea:
                                • Fall Clothing for Evelyn.
                                • Spring Clothing for Evelyn.
                                • Jojamart Clothing for Shane.
                                • Spring Clothing for Shane.
                                • Winter Clothing for Shane.
                              • @Yaushibee:
                                • Spring Clothing for George.
                                • Summer Clothing for George.
                                • Winter Clothing for George.
                                • Winter Clothing for Pam.

Next [v1.6.?] (Release: ?):
                            • The DNPCD framework is complete and awesome! Just as I wanted it :)
                              • While complete, I still need to fill it with content that I'll be writing myself.
                            • Any bug fixes will be fixed the Sunday after they are reported.
                            • I'll be cleaning code and setting up a better credit/display showcase for DNPCC works.

I intended to release a video tonight to cover patch notes, however I was having technical difficulties.
                            I will finish and release it tomorrow; it will go more in-depth and cover current/future development.

Thank you for your continued support!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
                            • Asero

Asero Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks pretty awesome! Been waiting quite a while to play this mod, and it look like it was definitely worth the wait :)

Quick question: Do I need to start a new game to be able to use this?
                              (Can't seem to clarify this between the three different threads.)

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Asero You do not need to start a new game but it would be better if you did for the full experience.

As stated in Longevity v1.0->v1.2:

RTGOAT likes this.
                                • OhGeeEmily

OhGeeEmily Void-Bound Voyager

Do you ever add characters from other mods (like portrait changes and sprite changes) to the mod as alternates? I have a couple alternates I prefer to use, but I also really like Longevity now that I'm trying it out.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@OhGeeEmily

Not currently; DNPCC is meant to be standalone and consistent across all artist works.
                                    This only really works well with vanilla content at this point.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@RTGOAT I am not sure why but when I unequip the Leather Boots I receive this error:
                                      Code:
                                      [12:43:26 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the PlayerEvents.InventoryChanged event:
                                      System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'StardewValley.Objects.Boots' to type 'StardewValley.Object'.
                                         at Longevity.Soda.ProcessSoda()
                                         at Longevity.Main.InventoryChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                         at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 65
                                      Edit: I just had another error report. I'm not sure when it happened though or what caused it, but this is the log:
                                      Code:
                                      [15:20:35 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the TimeEvents.TimeOfDayChanged event:
                                      System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\Longevity\Data.txt'.
                                      File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\Longevity\Data.txt'
                                         at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                                         at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                                         at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                                         at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
                                         at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
                                         at Longevity.SaveData.DataExists(String find)
                                         at Longevity.ContentCondition.Run_SpecificDialogue_Location(String location)
                                         at Longevity.Main.RunSpecificDialogue()
                                         at Longevity.Main.TimeOfDayChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                         at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 65
                                      Edit2: I seem to be experiencing this error when I go into Pierre's Shop. I've had it happen a couple times when I tried it.

These are my config.json settings in case you are curious:
                                      Code:
                                      {
                                        "Price_Balance": true,
                                        "Stamina_Balance": true,
                                        "Taxes": true,
                                        "NPCClothing": false,
                                        "MoreCropsMod": false,
                                        "MenuHotkey": "Divide"
                                      }

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
                                      • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Xuomi

I'll look into the first error and get back to you.
                                        Do you have a soda in your inventory when unequiping the boots?

For the second error, this happens because of a missing file.
                                        I believe I deactivated this code as its DNPCD test code, however, it looks like I need to double check it all again.

Thanks for the report!

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@RTGOAT I don't have a soda in my inventory, no. All I had was a fishing pole, a watering can, and a wooden sword.

Glad to help!

RTGOAT likes this.