RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. kaneroo

kaneroo Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi, I just downloaded and installed the mod and I bought the new trees and stuff but it seems that I'm not able to plant them? I tried on every type of tyle (grass and dirt) all over the farm and it just shows the red square.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@kaneroo

You must till (hoe) the land and place on that.

• kaneroo

kaneroo Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh thanks!!

• mrStorrs

mrStorrs Void-Bound Voyager

The error populates every time that I put an item in a chest/shipping box/ sell to pierre. so basically anytime i move an item from my inventory. Also i realized that everytime this is done the DR kicks in and lowers the price of the item. Which is good for pierre and shipping box but not the chest :p

Edit -

Just saw the last part of your comment :D sounds good man can't wait!

RTGOAT likes this.
          • _hayden_

_hayden_ Space Hobo

Reading a bit about this mod and it sounds exactly like what I want. Stardew Valley was too easy for me and I love the idea of taxes and all that.

Should I get this and start a playthrough now, or would you suggest waiting until you get the next update out?

Thanks!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@_hayden_

Its up to you mate, next update wont change much of the current systems, and instead, add new ones.

• sajmcal

sajmcal Intergalactic Tourist

Hello.

I'm loving this MOD so far! Just have a question. I just entered Spring of Yr2 and I noticed that the NPCs are still using their winter portrait/outfits. Is there something that needs to be done?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@sajmcal

Is it just the first day? Or is it continuing throughout the season?

I'll look into the triggers and make sure they are working as intended.

Currently out of town so I wont be able to dig into much until this Monday.

• sajmcal

sajmcal Intergalactic Tourist

Just started the game and it looks like they're back to their normal outfits. I think you just have to restart the game after a month ends.

• ektobiologist

ektobiologist Big Damn Hero

was wondering if there would be any chance of incorporating Diverse Stardew Valley sprites/portraits with the dynamic clothing?

as far as i can tell it'd mostly be a simple but tedious editing process, so if there aren't plans for this and i can get the permissions, i wouldn't mind volunteering to do the work.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same here. Sometimes the spouse will also be in vanilla clothes if they're in the house when you wake up. That one usually fixes itself by going outside and coming back in (in my experience, anyway).

It also happens with Shane sometimes after he leaves work at Joja and goes into the saloon. Maybe the work outfit change is interfering with DNPCC.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@ektobiologist

Are you talking about another portrait/sprite mod?
                          You can use the filesystem to incorporate the mod yourself. I can explain more on that if you need it.

@Seismothesaurus

Those are just unique cases that are a result of NPCs changing clothes in between trigger checks.

I plan to iron out these unique cases soon.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                          • ektobiologist

@RTGOAT i am! would the sprites/portraits not change back to edited vanilla to incorporate the dynamic clothing system if used in conjunction with that part of this mod?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@ektobiologist

You would have full control of the triggers.
                              How do you want the mod to function with DNPCC?

Explain in detail and I can help you use the system.

• KingOfWhales

KingOfWhales Void-Bound Voyager

What files do I need to delete in order to just have the DNPCC part of the mod?

• ektobiologist

@RTGOAT ideally i'd like to have the Diverse Stardew Valley sprites and portraits also using the dynamic clothing - which is why i figured it would involve some sprite/portrait editing, so that the skintones etc. from DSDV would remain the same while the clothing would also appear.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@KingOfWhales

Just go into the configuration and disable everything but DNPCC.

@ektobiologist

You could use those sprites/portraits with DNPCC. However, if you wanted them to match DNPCC content, you would need to do some editing.

I'm no artist, so you would need to any custom work yourself. You do have full control of the current DNPCC system so the compatability is always possible.

• Luner38

Luner38 Orbital Explorer

@RTGOAT

I was wondering if it was possible to have the clothing changes but keeping Sebastian's hair black. not that i have anything wrong with Gingers my fiancee is one but i've always liked him with the dark black hair.

• KingOfWhales

KingOfWhales Void-Bound Voyager

Config.dll:
                                        {
                                        "Price_Balance": false,
                                        "Stamina_Balance": false,
                                        "Taxes": false,
                                        "NPCClothing": true,
                                        "MoreCropsMod": false,
                                        "MenuHotkey": "Tab"
                                        }

Config.json:
                                        {
                                        "Price_Balance": false,
                                        "Stamina_Balance": false,
                                        "Taxes": false,
                                        "NPCClothing": true,
                                        "MoreCropsMod": false,
                                        "MenuHotkey": "Tab"
                                        }

Now it seems like nothing is working now, am I doing this right?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Luner38

Yes, Sebastian has 4 current variations.

He switches between his normal clothing (fall/winter) and a grey v-neck (spring/summer)
                                          Both of these clothing have orange and black hair variations (orange: summer/fall) (black: spring/winter)

To use only his black hair, you would just need to overwrite the orange hair with his black hair.
                                          These can be found easily by looking in the DNPCC triggers folder.

Let me know if you need more direction to do this.

@KingOfWhales

I'm not sure what config.dll is?

But the config.json should look as you have it.
                                          It is self-explanatory.