RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. K33p Sm1l1ng

K33p Sm1l1ng Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I've noticed another "placing seeds bug". It's appearing in winter with mixed seeds, they can be planted but no seeds are on the soil.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@K33p Sm1l1ng

We're they ever plantable in the winter before?
      Longevity/MCM doesn't touch mixed seeds.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

v1.6.5 is still in development!

It is going to be a rather large patch featuring some beta systems.
        Thanks for your patience.

Aveloren likes this.
        • Luner38

Luner38 Orbital Explorer

So I've a quick question i just got this mod and i'm loving it so far i was wondering if you could explain the tax system a bit. The things i am interested in are how does Capital work, discounts what gives them how many can you get how long do they last etc., and does income reset every season or is it a fixed thing. also i seeb to be getting a sprinkler charge when i don't use any. thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
          • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Luner38

-Income tax is a progressive system calculated by your seasonal earnings.
            At the start of each season, your earnings will reset. At the end those earnings are taxed and shown in your tax statement.

-Capital is a daily cost against you for each machine that you have placed in the game (bee houses, preserve jars, kegs, etc)...

-All bill types (Water, Electric, General) have base, or fixed, costs that are based on factors such as house size and number of buildings (buildings are weighted differently)...

-Being married earns a discount, and then each child you have adds a small additional discount.
            Also, water costs from sprinklers are refunded when it rains.

Let me know if you have any more questions or help.
            I will be doing some in-depth videos to further explain all these systems. (Likely to happen after I release this upcoming update)

• Luner38

Luner38 Orbital Explorer

@RTGOAT

Thanks that was a massive help and i'm loving the mod so far its amazing and just what i have been looking for. i do have a random idea how about a discount (small) if you complete the community center and an increase on your taxes (small to medium) if you go with Joja but that's just a side thing i was thinking as i was playing yesterday. Thanks again i love this mod would give it 10/5 stars and recommend it to everyone i know who plays!

RTGOAT likes this.
              • HarvestDew

HarvestDew Space Hobo

I just want you to know. I own this game on console. Once I finish the first playthrough I am going to purchase it on mac for mod support, and this mod is the biggest reason. Keep up the great work

RTGOAT likes this.
                • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

• kijikun

kijikun Void-Bound Voyager

How would we go about just using the dynamic clothing part of this?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@kijikun

If you haven't already, I would encourage you to give the systems a try.
                    However, I understand if you're not interested in that kind of playstyle.

Set all other properties to false in the .Config!

• kijikun

kijikun Void-Bound Voyager

I appreciate all the hard work you've put into these, but taxes and such in a harvest moony type game isn't my cup of tea. Thank you for the info.

RTGOAT likes this.
                      • TheMediocreMrRook

TheMediocreMrRook Pangalactic Porcupine

Are things like seeds/bait/construction/etc. considered work related expenses, and deducted? Is there somewhere I can find the calculations? My main concerns are getting in to a state where I'm actively losing more money than I'm making, or that plants with low rates of return will actually end up costing money to plant and sell after taxes. Unless taxes and bills are mostly there for flavor, and most of the impact comes from reduced profits?

In any case, I look forward to trying it out, though I might wait a little while if there's a new update on the horizon.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
                        • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@TheMediocreMrRook

Nope, income tax is a progressive tax system to take a percentage of your earnings based on how much you earn.
                          Taxes can and will hit hard if you make a lot of money or use a lot of capital/sprinklers.

The Longevity menu does a good job of keeping you up to date with diminishing returns so you can make sure you don't inflate a crop too badly.
                          It will also keep you up-to-date with your current tax expenditures so you can plan ahead.

There are no known compatibility issues as far as I know at this point in time.

• kners

kners Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi, great work.
                            This mod looks so cool.
                            I have question if I have modded Community center bundles (I create a hard one) is it change anything to working Longevity?

Also Longevity works with 1.2 SV or only 1.1?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@kners

It shouldn't have any affect.
                              And I believe Longevity is up-to-date.

Give a try and report any issues and I'll do my best to solve them for you.

kners likes this.
                              • mrStorrs

mrStorrs Void-Bound Voyager

Freaking love this mod man. One thing I have run into though. DR% doesn't change on any items; except artisan. Even without selling any artisan goods it shows crazy reductions yet they still sell for normal price. I started a new game and cheated just to see if my save was bugged and sold 999 pineapple (both to pierre and shipping box) and also 999 blueberries and no difference in DR %. I do have quite a few mods installed. If you want pictures I will be happy to upload

- EDIT -

Well i removed all mods and found that the menu still wasn't updating the DR %, however i did realize even though it wasn't updating in the menu the price was dropping. So the system was working just isn't sending the right infos to the menu.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
                                • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@mrStorrs

Thanks, mate!
                                  I'll check that out to confirm.

I know DR works for sure, and I was positive it worked through the menu, but I'll double check.

• Luner38

Luner38 Orbital Explorer

Hello i have found the same issue and at first i thought it was if you sold in bulk vs single and i found no change there. from what i understood about DR it was month based is this true or did i misread something. thanks for the advice and help.

• mrStorrs

mrStorrs Void-Bound Voyager

@RTGOAT - Started getting all kinds of red error messages on SMAPI. Probably whats causing the menu's to not work ill attach my logs for you. Just for a little more detail. DR shows 0 on literally every item even ones I have sold a crap ton of recently. Except in the artisan goods where it shows very large DR even though I haven't sold a single one the whole game! although it shows a large DR. Item still sells for a good price. in the screenshot is the only items that show a DR.

Thanks for the help man.

Attached Files:

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@mrStorrs

What is causing this error for you?
                                        It should be accounted for, but again, your environment is likely unique to cause it.

@Luner38

DR is based on amount of item you sell... (a stack of 100 will not calculate the selling price * 100, but instead it will calculate the selling price of units up to the next DR threshold totaling the individual sale of all in the stack).
                                        In other words, you cannot escape the lower returns of DR no matter how you sell.

Artisan goods (honey, wine, jelly, juice, pickles) are showing high DR because those are accounting for ALL types of those artisan goods.
                                        Example: for jelly, that is the combined DR of all types (blueberry, strawberry, etc)... this is because it is just "Jelly".

Artisan goods will use the DR rate of the product they were made from (ex: blueberry jelly's DR is the same of blueberry's)

Edit 1: I see the potential issue with DR not properly showing in the menu.
                                        I will have this fixed in the upcoming beta.

Edit 2: I have fixed the issue. DR will properly show, and will no longer cause misinformation.
                                        (As of upcoming v1.6.5)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017