RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@ITcore

There are debug settings I left for testing purposes... They can be ignored.

@Alvadea

Yeah we can look to make this happen.

@ITcore

This shouldn't be a Longevity issue, but I'll review it.

• knittingmachine

knittingmachine Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having an issue with wine as well! When I tried to make cherry wine it turned into an error object the second it went into my inventory. If it matters I don't have MCM on, I just use this mod for price balancing.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@knittingmachine

This is because the Wine is trying to be turned into a Soda item.
        This is part of price balancing and not yet configurable so MCM would need to be at least installed for error items to not be an issue!

• knittingmachine

Okay! I'll try running it with MCM and see if it works

• knittingmachine

Well I set MCM to "True" and all it's done is spawn a whole lot of error items at Pierre's.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@knittingmachine

You would still need to install the MCM content by overwriting your game files with MCM content.

• knittingmachine

Derp, yup that did it. Thank you!

RTGOAT likes this.
                • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.6.8:

*To opt-in the beta, simply set "DNPCD_BETA" to "true" in the Longevity Configuration file.

*If you're updating, be sure to keep your Data.txt file. If you're new, follow the instruction in the text file name [This is necessary for DNPCD].
                  *You must do this for every update if you overwrite your files with the default setup.

Changes:
                  • Additions:
                    • New DNPCC sprites!
                    • Added marriage and relational dialogue for Abigail.
                    • Sprites for Soda items (Big thanks to Poe Black).
                    • Item descriptions for MCM (Done by yours truely, Jaksha!)
                    • Formatting for Nexus page to group Longevity information, installation help, and FAQs.
                  • Bug fixes/optimizations:
                    • Fixed an issue where NPCs wouldn't change clothing if they joined the player's current location.
                    • Festival dialogue should no longer cause lag during festivals.
                    • General changes/edits to fix and improve prior dialogue for Abigail.
                    • Revised MCM data to fix a few anomalies.

Download:
                  Longevity v1.6.8
                  Previous Version Threads: Longevity v1.0->v1.2 | Longevity v1.3->v1.4
                  Discord: https://discord.gg/5mwwh8w

I apologize for being so delayed with this update; this has been a busy couple of months.
                  I will release an update video tomorrow to go more in-depth with these changes, and to also go over v1.6.9.

Feel free to PM me your thoughts, suggestions, or feedback.
                  Thank you!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
                    Alvadea likes this.
                  • genman

genman Subatomic Cosmonaut

expect upcoming Dynamic NPC Dialog!
                    Dynamic means facinatinggggggg

because most of other mod only change in static way.
                    if heart is above 4,they will only talk next information instead of former one.
                    But I'm still wondering this dialog mod.....

Does this mod make NPC talk all dialog nomatter what heart level is?
                    If I adjust some additional static dialog mod,does this mod also reveal or only talk vanilla dialog?

• genman

genman Subatomic Cosmonaut

By the way,I found a way to avoid Diminishing Effect....
                      Using Seed Maker instead of Preserves Jar,I can make huge profits,especially for all berry.
                      because Diminishing System effect only on crop and artisan goods.

• XxRoseQuartzxX

XxRoseQuartzxX Void-Bound Voyager

I am a total noob at this stuff, so I am wondering if anyone can help me understand something in the config.json file. Three of the options are listed as 'null'. "StartSeason", "Dialogueonstart", "Dialoguewhenleavinghouse". Sorry for being ignorant but what are these and should I be changing the answer from 'null' to something else?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
                        • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@genman

I'll dicuss a little more, in detail, how DNPCD works as far as dialogue goes.
                          As for Diminishing returns, we'll take a look into that.

@XxRoseQuartzxX

'true' and 'false' should be the only options of concern. The bottom options are for debug and testing scenarios.

• kostek00

kostek00 Aquatic Astronaut

I have the newest version installed but fruits in kegs gives vines not sodas.

• Sherrif

Sherrif Big Damn Hero

I would rather prefer that sodas were made... somewhere else. If we were talking conversions like Rice makes Sake kind of changes then I'm all in for that, but Soda's should be made in a different machine. Kegs are meant to ferment things, soda isn't a fermented thing.

Being a Beer and Wine steward the idea of wine and soda coming out of the same process is rather bothersome. I don't mind if you add a new machine to get new artisan products, or using existing machines to get different artisan products out of fruits and vegetables (coconut, banana, and olive oils out of the oil maker). But deleting existing products from the game is a little overbearing. The benefit to making soda is it should be a fast process that adds quick, but cheap, value to your produce.

Besides that, wines made from something other than grapes are actually really fantastic.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Sherrif

The point of sodas isn't to add or take away items to the game.
                                It is to create a mechanic against diminishing returns to give more options for post products.

Introducing a new machine would require a lot more code-side than necessary for an element that is designed to harness the investment factor of fruit trees.

In the future when the build allows for it, I may make sodas variable/optional.
                                As for right now, they are strong branch of the balance system that is not easily changeable.

• MegFirstSave

MegFirstSave Void-Bound Voyager

You're thinking about release your mod (DNPCD) in other languages? I'm brazilian, so i play in portuguese, but your mod is probably just in english, so i was thinking if you will or can work with someone to translate your mod. :)

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@MegFirstSave

If we had a translator, maybe.

Issue is that a single NPC with DNPCD adds hundreds of lines of dialogue.
                                    It would be a lengthy process to translate the final product.

• Spiffyman

Spiffyman Void-Bound Voyager

I'm guessing with DNPCD other dialogue mods are not compatible now. I was using the Narrative Overhaul mods on various npcs. Will this mod just overwrite those or should I do a fresh install to be safe?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Spiffyman

Use any dialogue mod you want.
                                        Only Abigail is currently touched with DNPCD.

Even then, DNPCD just might take presedence over all other dialogue.
                                        DNPCD works with vanilla dialogue, and so anything edited in an xnb will run along with DNPCD.

• EschieValley

EschieValley Space Hobo

There is an issue with the new items showing up as error items, is there a fix?