1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Spiffyman

I've heard multiple reports of Mac users having issues with Longevity's directory pathing.
    Some of these are hardcoded and intended for a Windows environment.

I look to make a compatable change for MacOS users.

Delta9 likes this.
    • Funderbunk

Funderbunk Seal Broken

In case this hasn't been reported: DNPCC seems to have a slight bug with Shane. When he goes to work at JojaMart, his *restocking shelves* animation doesn't play, instead he repeats a set of different Shane animations in sequence, I believe I spotted him being startled, taking a photo and taking a drink over and over.

If you're looking for more other mods to incorporate, I think Animal Husbandry would be a perfect fit and makes farm animals a bit more relevant (struggling with taxes? Slaughter a pig for a good desperation payout). I don't know how possible that is though.

(And I do struggle with taxes, I'd love to see a somewhat easier version I could toggle to start in where taxes are lower year 1, similar to how ore and wood prices double starting year 2.)

• leilacrystal

leilacrystal Void-Bound Voyager

I had a question! If I wanted to add different outfits to DNPCC (unofficially, for my personal use), can I just make my own XNB files, and rename them properly (in the right folders ofc), and have them load in-game? Or do I have to edit the mod itself to do that?

Edit for clarity: i mean adding new outfits, kinda? like if DNPCC doesnt have a fall outfit for Seb, for instance, but I had one, could I make a new XNB for him and just put it in the right place and have it load?

Also, I'm working with a few people on making seasonal outfits available for the diverse stardew mod. We'd love to use some of the longevity outfits, but obviously would need permission first! Should I get on the discord and discuss things with everyone there? Or is there a better route?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
        • .Lavender.

.Lavender. Big Damn Hero

You can just replace the xnbs with your own, using the same name. I've done it before. :)

• SiderealSkies

SiderealSkies Seal Broken

Ah, I read on the nexus page that Longevity is no longer manageable for you at this time (and that v1.7.0 will be its final release); does this mean that there will never be a Mac-compatible version?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

What isn't compatable with Mac?
              Mac may require a few installation differences, but several users are on Mac with Longevity.

• vadie

vadie Yeah, You!

I love the idea of this mod, but like other Mac users, the mod seems to crash when the game starts and isn't active during gameplay. I downloaded your recent upload on nexus for SDV: 2.8 & SMAPI: 1.3.32 but it still crashed. It seems the mod can't find the directory where the mod is, but the one shown in SMAPI seems correct for a Mac, except the "/MacOS\Mods" part, as shouldn't it be "/MacOS/Mods"? Though I'm not sure, as I don't code. Here's the error in SMAPI:

[Longevity] Mod crashed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory '/Users/alrescha/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS\Mods' not found.

at System.IO.Directory.ValidateDirectoryListing (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean& stop) <0x10fbdfdc0 + 0x00222> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.Directory.GetFileSystemEntries (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, FileAttributes mask, FileAttributes attrs) <0x16ade34f0 + 0x00075> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories (System.String path, System.String searchPattern) <0x16ade34b0 + 0x00023> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories (System.String path) <0x186efa2f0 + 0x0001e> in <filename unknown>:0

at Longevity.Conversion.GetLongevityDirectory () <0x1880f9730 + 0x00050> in <filename unknown>:0

at Longevity.Main.Entry (IModHelper helper) <0x1880f9140 + 0x0003a> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods (StardewModdingAPI.Framework.IModMetadata[] mods, StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialisation.JsonHelper jsonHelper, StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentCoordinator contentCore, StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Framework.ModData.ModDatabase modDatabase) <0x16af10000 + 0x018f6> in <filename unknown>:0

• cerrule

cerrule Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, I'm a fan of Sebastian's emo hair no matter the weather, so I modified his summer overworld sprites to give him his long hair back. Is there any way I can use these without overwriting the .xnb files themselves?

• Rydel

Rydel Void-Bound Voyager

To my knowledge, you would need to overwrite the xnb files, though you'll only have to overwrite the ones you actually edited.

• cerrule

cerrule Intergalactic Tourist

Alright, thanks!

• Sometingcreative

Sometingcreative Space Hobo

I am having trouble getting this to work on mac as well. Some of the parts of the game are workiing. like the stamina drain on scythe us. but when i go to pierries i get error code for the seeds. also the camera will not track, as i walk off screen i have to bring up my bag and close it to be able see the next screen. this happens as i move from level to level and inside of the level on the far. Basically i have to reload everytime i hit the end of my screen. i am getting a similer error as vadie above. if any one can help it would be greatly apprceated.