RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Spiffyman

I've heard multiple reports of Mac users having issues with Longevity's directory pathing.
    Some of these are hardcoded and intended for a Windows environment.

I look to make a compatable change for MacOS users.

Delta9 likes this.
    • Funderbunk

Funderbunk Void-Bound Voyager

In case this hasn't been reported: DNPCC seems to have a slight bug with Shane. When he goes to work at JojaMart, his *restocking shelves* animation doesn't play, instead he repeats a set of different Shane animations in sequence, I believe I spotted him being startled, taking a photo and taking a drink over and over.

If you're looking for more other mods to incorporate, I think Animal Husbandry would be a perfect fit and makes farm animals a bit more relevant (struggling with taxes? Slaughter a pig for a good desperation payout). I don't know how possible that is though.

(And I do struggle with taxes, I'd love to see a somewhat easier version I could toggle to start in where taxes are lower year 1, similar to how ore and wood prices double starting year 2.)

• leilacrystal

leilacrystal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had a question! If I wanted to add different outfits to DNPCC (unofficially, for my personal use), can I just make my own XNB files, and rename them properly (in the right folders ofc), and have them load in-game? Or do I have to edit the mod itself to do that?

Edit for clarity: i mean adding new outfits, kinda? like if DNPCC doesnt have a fall outfit for Seb, for instance, but I had one, could I make a new XNB for him and just put it in the right place and have it load?

Also, I'm working with a few people on making seasonal outfits available for the diverse stardew mod. We'd love to use some of the longevity outfits, but obviously would need permission first! Should I get on the discord and discuss things with everyone there? Or is there a better route?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
        • .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

You can just replace the xnbs with your own, using the same name. I've done it before. :)

• SiderealSkies

SiderealSkies Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, I read on the nexus page that Longevity is no longer manageable for you at this time (and that v1.7.0 will be its final release); does this mean that there will never be a Mac-compatible version?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

What isn't compatable with Mac?
              Mac may require a few installation differences, but several users are on Mac with Longevity.

• vadie

vadie Aquatic Astronaut

I love the idea of this mod, but like other Mac users, the mod seems to crash when the game starts and isn't active during gameplay. I downloaded your recent upload on nexus for SDV: 2.8 & SMAPI: 1.3.32 but it still crashed. It seems the mod can't find the directory where the mod is, but the one shown in SMAPI seems correct for a Mac, except the "/MacOS\Mods" part, as shouldn't it be "/MacOS/Mods"? Though I'm not sure, as I don't code. Here's the error in SMAPI:

[Longevity] Mod crashed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory '/Users/alrescha/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS\Mods' not found.

at System.IO.Directory.ValidateDirectoryListing (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean& stop) <0x10fbdfdc0 + 0x00222> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.Directory.GetFileSystemEntries (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, FileAttributes mask, FileAttributes attrs) <0x16ade34f0 + 0x00075> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories (System.String path, System.String searchPattern) <0x16ade34b0 + 0x00023> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories (System.String path) <0x186efa2f0 + 0x0001e> in <filename unknown>:0

at Longevity.Conversion.GetLongevityDirectory () <0x1880f9730 + 0x00050> in <filename unknown>:0

at Longevity.Main.Entry (IModHelper helper) <0x1880f9140 + 0x0003a> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods (StardewModdingAPI.Framework.IModMetadata[] mods, StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialisation.JsonHelper jsonHelper, StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentCoordinator contentCore, StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Framework.ModData.ModDatabase modDatabase) <0x16af10000 + 0x018f6> in <filename unknown>:0

• cerrule

cerrule Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I'm a fan of Sebastian's emo hair no matter the weather, so I modified his summer overworld sprites to give him his long hair back. Is there any way I can use these without overwriting the .xnb files themselves?

• Rydel

Rydel Void-Bound Voyager

To my knowledge, you would need to overwrite the xnb files, though you'll only have to overwrite the ones you actually edited.

• cerrule

cerrule Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, thanks!

• Sometingcreative

Sometingcreative Space Hobo

I am having trouble getting this to work on mac as well. Some of the parts of the game are workiing. like the stamina drain on scythe us. but when i go to pierries i get error code for the seeds. also the camera will not track, as i walk off screen i have to bring up my bag and close it to be able see the next screen. this happens as i move from level to level and inside of the level on the far. Basically i have to reload everytime i hit the end of my screen. i am getting a similer error as vadie above. if any one can help it would be greatly apprceated.

• Lodrelhai

Lodrelhai Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any plan to remove the coffee grains, since they are not obtainable without cheats? Or maybe reclassify them so they don't show on the shipped items list? It's a little thing, I know, but it is endlessly irritating to have that one unshipped item in my collections.

Thank you for a great mod!

• Mechychan

Mechychan Void-Bound Voyager

Hi I recently installed the mod but it says it's DLL cant be downloaded. Im on Android btw.

• Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

Currently getting an error item for new crops and fruit trees.
                              SMAPI error and viewport crash due to remove shane's work clothes (.xmb). It can be fixed but not touching the file (currently spring).

Fix for the error items from MysticTempest:
                              It is a simple typo issue -

Assuming you still have Longevity installed:
                              1. Go to your "Content/Data/" folder for Stardew Valley.
                              2. Delete "ObjectInformation.xnb" (deletes the original SDV file.)
                              3. Rename "Objectinformation.xnb" to "ObjectInformation.xnb" (from lowercase 'I' to a capital 'I' in Information.)
                              4. Enjoy your working game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2020
                              • xAkumax

xAkumax Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I have the same issue and tryed do fix it as u say but it is still not working and I dont know what to do, in the end I have alway the "ERROR ITEM". I hope u can help me^^

• PaqpuK

PaqpuK Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having some problems with MCM right now, the crops and trees work as intended, but all of them are missing icons.

Also, I know I'm not supposed to use this mod in MP, but I do and each player gets taxed at the end of month (so we are getting taxed twice), is there a way to configure the amount being taxed?

• bla363

bla363 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is it possible to remove the DNPCC for a specific NPC or overwrite it? if i just delete them, the games does "crash" (my screen freezes).

• Nawaria

Nawaria Void-Bound Voyager

Has somebody found a solution for the "error items" that appear when you use "Longevity" and "Stardew Valley Expanded" at the same time?
                                      Yes, everything is correctly installed and every file is where it should be. AvelorenĀ“s instruction sadly does not change anything.

• Darkorinth

Darkorinth Void-Bound Voyager

First thank you for the mod. I like the taxes, but they seem to much. Any way for me to turn them down a little without turning them off?

Also how do I turn off the DNPC clothing for just 1 character? From what I read on this forum it seems possible, but I'm not sure how.

• Jordannoie

Jordannoie Orbital Explorer

Yes!!! Me too!!!! Help please