RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. zarzaz

zarzaz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sorry my bad. I have seeds but dont have them in bulk. But this is not right thread.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Its in the shop expender mod folder

• zackwolfson

zackwolfson Intergalactic Tourist

This is not a bug, but rather an imbalance issue. The rice crop (spring and summer crop) yield at least 10 pieces every 2 days after 1st harvest (for a price of 3 gold each btw), use the seed maker to make rice seed, which sell for ~55 gold per pieces. This will give you a shit tons amount of gold every 2 days, and it's CRAZY. I don't know if it's intentional (probably not) but it's surely not immersed well with the overall feelings of the mod and feel very cheaty, so I suggest either you can tweak the way rice crop (and other similar crops) works or disable them for the next patch. As for now, I'll stay away from this, and make pickle from the rest of rices I have :rofl:

• friezerburnt

friezerburnt Orbital Explorer

New to forums, love Longevity but just encountered my first big issue with it. I updated to SMAPI 2.2 (for MacOS) this morning, moved all the files to where they need to be, and I am now getting a ton of lag when I go to the Egg Festival. I quit out of the game and saw a MASSIVE error in my Terminal log. I have a text copy of the full error log, but it's too big to upload to PasteBin or attach here. It sounds like someone else had a similar issue a few months ago, but I'm not sure how to proceed with this one. Is there a known fix for this?

Edit: Here is the SMAPI log parser https://log.smapi.io/Ka0bqsxg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
          • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@zackwolfson

Yes, definitely a balance issue.
            I will have a temporary fix for this soon. (A larger balance update to be coming soon after this upcoming update).

@friezerburnt

Looks to be that the Data.txt file doesn't exist or is not in the proper location.
            This file keeps track of dialogue and is necessary to run DNPCD.

• zackwolfson

zackwolfson Intergalactic Tourist

@RTGOAT
              Nice to hear that. Also, thinking about the rice, who originally design that crop clearly don't know much about rice. IRL rice is very similar to wheat, but on muddy field, so I think it'll be real and balanced if you can make it behave just like wheat but for spring and summer.
              DNPCC is awesome, definitely breath much more life into Pelican town's residents. There's an issue I noticed in my playthrough is that some NPCs don't change their portraits accordingly to their outfits, especially Emily, she always wears her red dress in the portrait, George too with his green coat. Is this a bug or the mod just don't have portraits for them yet? Also, in my game, in Emily dream (her heart event cutscene), she's sitting down in her red dress, jump and change to her winter outfit, then "glide" to the player. They're not game breaking bugs, but I love this so much that I ditched the hot portrait mod I had before (pls don't judge me), I'd love to see it works to perfection.

• ScooterMill

ScooterMill Void-Bound Voyager

@RTGOAT I'm having the same problem as @friezerburnt but I'm an idiot and don't know how to fix it. Where does the Data.txt file belong and how do I get a new one if it's gone?

@zackwolfson
                The problem is they don't have art assets for all the new outfits yet, so while (for example) George wears a blue shirt in the summer, no one has made talk sprites for it so you will still see his green shirt when you talk to him. The artists are all volunteers, so an eta on every villager having an outfit for every season is impossible to give. (Sorry if I'm stepping on you toes for answering Zack for you Goat, but I've been researching Longevity all day, I love it so much thank you for your work)

RTGOAT likes this.
                • Savertin

Savertin Void-Bound Voyager

@ScooterMill for now deactivating the DNPCD-Beta should resolve the problem.

• ScooterMill

ScooterMill Void-Bound Voyager

Super disappointing, but ok.

• DungeonRyu

DungeonRyu Phantasmal Quasar

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
                      HopeWasHere likes this.
                    • DungeonRyu

There is an amazing mod https://community.playstarbound.com...rtrait-overhauls-1-1-compatible-oct-7.109351/
                      Kamirose's portraits are really something else, they are refined and solid, whilst preserve the original feel. I can't contact her, so I can't ask for permission, but I'll gladly remove mine if she asks. Anyway. I tried to merge Haley's portraits and man this one is complicated for me. I think I finally manage to do the sleeves correctly.
                      Kamirose's version
                      [​IMG]

Edit: added Haley winter indoors - winter hatless version.

Comparison Longevity winter | Winter, Longevity Flower Dance | Flower Dance | Winter Indoors
                      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
                      • DungeonRyu

Kamirose's Leah
                        Edit: added Leah Flower Dance (not sure about neck line though)
                        [​IMG]

Longevity outdoors rain | Fall Indoors | Fall Outdoors | Fall Rain Indoors | Fall Rain Outdoors | Leah SVFair | Flower
                        [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
                          HopeWasHere likes this.
                        • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@DungeonRyu

These are well done!
                          However, please refer to the artists responsible for the clothing, not myself.

I am only responsible for developing the backend of Longevity.
                          All artistic content (artwork/writing) should be credited to respective content teams.

Thanks!

• DungeonRyu

Good day, RTGOAT.
                            As I understand you are a project leader of the mod or close to one, as is with all huge modding projects there has to be a guy who connects all the developers, so I thought this is the main mod thread.
                            I don't quite get what does reffering to the artists means. Is there a separate thread for the Longevity artwork? Should I move my posts or create a separate thread?
                            I also did Kamirose's Harvey's edits and I plan to do Sebastian and Elliot.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
                            • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@DungeonRyu

You would be correct, I manage this mod.
                              Just want it clear to anyone that I am far from alone when it comes to the amazing work/effort put in to Longevity.

I'll post our credit listing in the thread soon; we are most active on our Discord however.

• DungeonRyu

That is true. I was a mod project second tier leader once(I was organising all the artists and translators). What people can do together if they are bound by the same idea is amazing.

Anyway. This is kamirose's Harvey in Longevity clothes. I like kamirose's version, original Harvey has kinda goofy look about him and overal kamirose's facial features looks more refined.

Kamirose's Harvey
                                [​IMG]

Comparison
                                Longevity EggFestival| EggFestival | Fall | Flower dance | Spirits | Winter Indoors | Winter Outdoors

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• DungeonRyu

Penny. This one is hard. I didn't like her natural hairstyle, so I tried to combine different images, from kamirose, Axiam https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/penny-ponytail-hairstyle-1-1.113451/ and buxom mod.
                                  Now I have this version of regular Penny. But it still is rough and needs to be refined by an artist. The ponytail hair lack structure, eyebrows and forehead are a bit messy.
                                  Can you tell me the name of the channel? I'll try to ask your artists for help.

Regular Penny
                                  [​IMG]

Longevity Flower | Flower (kamirose based) | Winter Longevity | WInter indoors

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I didn't make an outdoor version, since it looks weird with the current hairstyle. I'll be able to, if her hair would be refined.
                                  btw, Longevity Haley does not have an indoor version, I made a version without the hat.

Attached Files:

• Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

Speaking for the DNPCC-Artists - we have also an eye in here sometimes. But I'm not really sure what you're asking about. You did nice work so far, although if I'm a little cautious with parallel work since we are always in progress and we also might change parts that are already released. Also we are covered in work with giving everyone all these new clothes and I (for my part) don't want to be responsible for making the clothes fit all the different portrait-changes that are around. Because you certainly not the only one who uses own portraits and is confronted now with using vanilla portraits again for longevity or combine DNPCC clothes with your portrait of choice. If we start coming after every personal request, we wouldn't finish our own task in 100 years. So I would give the responsibility back to the original artists of the portraits you working with or diligent users like yourself.
                                    Perhaps I also should mention that we have our own plans for creating selectable changes - though the vanilla portrait will always stay the base to it. Penny will never ask the farmer, if she should make an face operation, but she will probably ask, if she should change her hair. And she could wear other hairdos in other season anyway.

One little note for the credits - there is a credit list inside the installation folder of longevity. Perhaps it gets a more public place in future, but till now you can have a look over there, if you like to know, which artists made the clothes, you're working with.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                                    • DungeonRyu

@Alvadea

Well, it's not exactly a parallel work, I'm just doing stuff for myself and decided to share. One can treat this as an alternative, since it is easy to replace existing content in Longevity.
                                      I understand you. I remember fun times arguing with mod project leader which ideas should be implemented and as a project leader fighting creative initiative off, because the project should stay in some realistic borders or just simply be of the same theme.:nurutease:

Again if this is the wrong place, I can create a separate thread.

As for the Penny. The ponytail is rough and looks flat, it needs some texture that I'm unable to draw, the light and shadow in the ponytail is messed up and looks unnatural.

RTGOAT likes this.
                                      • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@DungeonRyu

You're welcome to dispense your work how you would like. As long as artists are credited and agree to open use.
                                        As a recommendation, I would compile your works into one and offer them as a bundled option for Longevity/DNPCC users.

You're also welcome to create a new sperate thread showcasing your work as well.