RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.5:

Longevity v1.5 is now live and ready to go!

Since my time to test is limited,
    I will be close and available this week to quickly respond to any questions/issues.

Changes:
    • More Crops Mod!
      • MCM crops have been balanced and will be influenced by Longevity's pricing system.
      • Pierre will sell all MCM seeds when they are in season.
      • All saplings will always be available at Pierre's.
      • MCM can be turned off in configuration.
      • Any mods that edit Pierre's stock will be incompatible.
      • .XNB mods that use any of the following files will be incompatible:
        • Content/Data/Crops.xnb
        • Content/Data/fruitTrees.xnb
        • Content/Data/NPCGiftTastes.xnb
        • Content/Data/objectinformation.xnb
        • Content/Maps/springobjects.xnb
        • Content/TileSheets/crops.xnb
    • Tree saplings have been balanced to fit future upcoming changes.
    • Other small improvements and optimizations.
    *I had planned to include an informational readme with this release, however,
    I wanted to wait for v1.6 which will introduce a menu system for Longevity.

Dynamic NPC Clothing (DNPCC):
    • There is no added DNPCC content for v1.5.
    • If you would like to create artwork for a future Longevity release, contact me.
    • Also, contact me if you come across existing artwork that would fit well with DNPCC.
      • I'll do my best to receive permissions to use it for a future release in DNPCC.

Dynamic NPC Dialogue (DNPCD):
    • DNPCD will be released in v1.7.
    • If you would like to create dialogue or have ideas for triggers, contact me.
    • DNPCD will be more than just additional Dialogue.

Release Timeline:

I expect to have v1.6 finished about two weeks after v1.5. (Sunday, March 26th)
    I expect to have v1.7 finished about two-three weeks after v1.6. (Sunday, April 16th)
    I would like to have v2.0, finished by early May.

*Stardew Valley v1.2 will likely cause some issues/delays depending on how broken Longevity becomes.

Installation:
    1. Place 'Longevity' folder into your SMAPI 'Mods' folder.
    2. Place 'DNPCC' folder into your game's content folder.
    3. Use content in 'MCM' folder to overwrite your game's vanilla content
    4. Use the provided configuration file to enable/disable Longevity's features.

Download: Longevity v1.5
    Previous Version Threads: Longevity v1.0->v1.2 | Longevity v1.3->v1.4

Feel free to PM me your thoughts, suggestions, or feedback.
    Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    • GARRthePIRATE

GARRthePIRATE Big Damn Hero

Does mcm still have resource plants like coal tree?

foghorn likes this.
      • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@GARRthePIRATE

Those crops/saplings are part of EMCM.
        This mod is just MCM.

I aim to provide game balance, and would argue that cultivating resources goes outside of that goal.

GARRthePIRATE and DreamerDrop like this.
        • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Holy crap X10!!! Sa-weet! I just downloaded from the ->1.4 thread earlier in hopes it had newer stuff! Can't wait to check this out!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
          • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Androxilogin

I do my best to highlight the release of a new version.
            When in doubt, check the version displayed on Nexus Mods!

Enjoy!

Androxilogin likes this.
            • Pooks

Pooks Void-Bound Voyager

Sooo I've just installed this, running smapi 1.8 (not beta) and i noticed two things right off the bat, coffee bean plants vanished, and void mayonaise is no longer a thing.

*edit
              next day coffee beans looked like carrots but harvested coffee beans...

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Pooks

I know what I missed, I will patch this first thing when I wake tomorrow.
                Any instance of these objects will function as normal when patch is applied.

• worldworld

worldworld Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome!

Just a short question. One of the files from the MCM folder is 'objectinformation.xnb'. In the games's Content folder, it's written 'ObjectInformation.xnb'. So I have to rename the MCM file so its name is like the vanilla game's file?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@worldworld

It isn't case sensitive; overwriting 'ObjectInformation.xnb' with 'objectinformation.xnb' will be okay (they're the same).
                    However, when I patch the coffee beans/void mayo issue, I will fix this to reflect the game's proper case usage.

• Pooks

Pooks Void-Bound Voyager

@RTGOAT shweet :D will keep playing and report back if i find anything else ^_^

• worldworld

@RTGOAT

Okay! And now that you mention a coffee beans issue - I've started the game and the coffee plants' in-game sprites now look like weird garlic / onion plants? I also can't plant the coffee beans.

And the Mixed Seeds appear as file images, instead of being 'hidden' inside weeds.

Attached Files:

• flutter_sama

flutter_sama Big Damn Hero

There also seems to be a bug with the Void Mayo; it shows up as an 'Error Item' with the description of '???'

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@worldworld
                            @flutter_sama

Yes, sorry for taking a little extra time.

-Coffee beans are using the index of carrots (I forgot to change them and point to their new sprite location).
                            -Mixed seeds are doing something similar to coffee beans.
                            -Void mayonnaise is missing its ObjectInformation Data.

With some many xnb files and edits to work with, I was confident I would miss something along the way.

Thank you for the reports... I'll have v1.5.1 patch out within the next 2 hours.

DreamerDrop likes this.
                            • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.5.1:
                              • Coffee beans should now plant and use their appropriate sprite.
                              • All weeds should now use their appropriate sprite.
                              • Void mayonnaise should now be working.
                              *Any existing objects (items) in your game affected by these issues should be updated to function as normal.

Let me know if there are any other issues with items. (Many content file edits, many opportunities to make mistakes)
                              I will be faster to patch those.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
                              • Pooks

Pooks Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news xD but void mayo is still broken :p

It wont ship, and I have one lot that still reads as error item and the other lot read as void mayo.

*edit

Coffee beans still look like carrots :/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
                                • worldworld

I've only noticed now with the start of summer in my save that Pierre doesn't sell fertilizers and speed-grow anymore. Is that intended? I've never used the 'More Crops' mod before.

• griszztly

griszztly Void-Bound Voyager

Only thing I can see (started a brand new game) is that Pierre's inventory is filled with lots of Error Items.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Pooks

When planting your coffee beans, it created an object that was already pointing to the index for carrot sprite.
                                      This means those plants will continue to resemble carrots as long as they are in existence... (I changed index pointers, not the sprites at said index)

You will need to either replant those crops, or revert back to vanilla xnbs to fix the issue.
                                      Starting a new game is recommended as overwriting content files can cause these issues.

I'll look again, into void mayonnaise... they were working for me, so I'm not sure your issue.
                                      Is the issue with mayonnaise objects already created? or are those newly created void mayonnaise?

@worldworld

Yes! You're right, I'll patch that later tonight.
                                      It was intended, but left out during testing.

@griszztly

Did you follow installation?
                                      You need to overwrite content files with what is provided in the 'MCM' folder.

edit: I'm out today until later this evening.
                                      I will have v1.5.2 released tonight (eta 5-7hrs)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
                                      • Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not being able to cultivate resources does make sense, but is there any plan to include the beef crop and bacon tree, as they are EMCM additions?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Aveloren

How about the ability to kill livestock for meat instead?

If most are against the idea, I would be willing to put in beef crop and bacon tree.

Aveloren likes this.