RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

@RTGOAT I think that your mod is one of the best mods for SV. Thanks for working on it!

RTGOAT likes this.
    • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Just wanted to give a quick update on the release of v1.5.7.

I will be delaying release of this patch until tomorrow (about 20ish hours from this post).
      I had more bug reports and even found a larger bug that I will disclose at release.

These additional bugs are the reason for delays on v1.5.7, and will also slightly delay v1.6.

Thank you for your patience!

Balentay and Aveloren like this.
      • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.5.7:
        • Fixed an issue with some MCM crops that had a hidden space in their item's names throwing off their pricing.
        • Fixed tax calculations to properly show debt penalty and player money when in debt.
        • Fixed an issue where taxes would trigger twice if an overnight event occurred on tax day.
        • Fixed an issue where NPCs would get stuck in a single frame of their animation.
        • Fixed a major issue with updating the price of artisan goods.

*Note 1: Because of time sensitivity with patches, I nor beta testers are able to thoroughly test these bug fixes.
        Please let me know if any of these bugs listed above persist after patching, and also if any new bugs arise.
        *Note 2: Please remember to update your content files; the MCM item naming issue requires the newly released edits to function as intended.

Sorry for the delay on this patch. I spent quite a bit of time going through and cleaning/preparing code for v1.6.

While doing this, I found some deeper issues resulting in a few of the bug fixes in this patch.

I appreciate the patience, and please also understand that this is quite a large project and only growing in complexity.
        Hopefully with upcoming beta testers, I can release more polished versions in the future.

DNPCC Content (v1.5.8):
        Allow @IronZelly to compensate for any Inconveniences:

While intended for this patch, I had more work that I decided to split into two patches (1.5.7 & 1.5.8).
        Because of this, I delayed the release of some awesome content by, yours truly, IronZelly!

Here is a teaser of some DNPCC content to come for v1.5.8...

[​IMG][​IMG]
        [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Total Leah Sprite/Portrait Combinations: 16

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
        • KThxBye910

KThxBye910 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the mod, and the continued updates! This is incredible, and my only gripe is that I didn't find it sooner. Keep up the great work!

RTGOAT likes this.
          • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

KThxBye910 likes this.
          • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Progress Update v1.6:

This Friday I'll have a minor patch update (v1.5.8) to introduce IronZelly's work on Leah,
            and to also setup a few changes for the incoming v1.6.

With v1.6 I'll be releasing a beta for this weekend. It should run Friday to Sunday.
            A formal release on v1.6 will come a day or two after the beta test passes.

The main reason for this update is to ask a few questions on preference:

As you may know, v1.6 will be introducing a menu system to give you information of Longevity's current and future systems.
            Because this feature deals with UI, it may not be best to leave all layout decisions to me solely.

The menu will contain 3 pages to start:
            -The first will be an In-game readme page with important information and credits.
            -The second will be a page showing object pricing data. (base price, influence prices, DR %, random fluctuation, and final price).
            -The third will be all relevant information to taxes. (capital count, current income tax rate, etc).
            Questions:
            -How should I order item's in item price information (alphabetical, most sold, seasonal)?
            -Do you want a config option to change what key is used to open the menu (I may just use an on screen button as opposed to a key)?
            -How large should the menu be (Smaller = more scrolling and condensed content)?
            -Are there any specific metrics or information that you would really want?
            -Feel free to suggest beyond these questions, I'm not 100% finished, so there may be content in these menus that I have not mentioned...
            Thanks!

Aveloren likes this.
            • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

As a quick update, I won't be releasing a v1.5.8.

I was expecting to have some bug fixes/changes before going into v1.6, however,
              my beta tester has given a green light on all prior fixes.

Since new DNPCC content would be the only change for v1.5.8, I've decided to hold off that content until v1.6.

Thanks for the patience!

• Porcelain-Rose

Porcelain-Rose Orbital Explorer

Hi, I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but..
                How do you use DNPCC with Sebastian's default hair color? It might just be me but I prefer the darker hair to the ginger look. Thank you.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Porcelain-Rose

Use what season the game is in to find which file is associated with the sprite you don't want.
                  I believe Summer/Fall are when Sebastian has his ginger hair.

Go to (DNPCC->Fall/Summer) and remove any Sebastian files.
                  (I now just noticed that I forgot to put his changes to the Rain trigger, I'll be updating DNPCC soon anyway)

• ViolentQuiche

ViolentQuiche Void-Bound Voyager

Gah, I've tried running Stardew with all other SMAPI mods disabled, but all the new crops in Pierre's store show up as 'Error item' with description '???'. I'm pretty sure I don't have any other XNB mods that affect the crops content files, either (and the new sprites are there). Any ideas?

Also, just as a side note, I've just had Jas come out of the library in Spring, and hang around the river dressed in her swimwear. She walked to school the next day in the same outfit.

Let me know if you need any more info!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

1) - It sounds like you don't have the right ObjectInformation.xnb (or content\\maps\\springobjects.xnb) in place.
                      Try to reinstall the mod's "content" files located in MCM.
                      If you're sure you have done it properly, attach a .zip of your content files (the ones you have installed)
                      2) - To know why Jas is in her beach outfit outside of the beach, I would need to see your file structure.
                      Have you made any changes to it yourself?​

• Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

This seems to be the only thing popping up when I search for the More Crops Mod now. I've been away since December, did something happen to MCM? Are you the official maintainer of it now, or has it been branched?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Davrial

Because the original creator of MCM has gone inactive, I have updated and annexed it within my mod, Longevity.

There is another unofficial continuation of MCM, however I'm unsure of its current/future state.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• waffelbro

waffelbro Void-Bound Voyager

I am absolutely floored to play 1.6!! I am just one vote but I'd like to share my two cents on the preferences above.

1. It almost has to be seasonal, right? I don't have strong opinions on this one.
                            2. Screen button would be dope esp. if you could get to it from the "E" menu.
                            3. Your preference : )
                            4. Without a chance to really dig in yet, the first thing that comes to mind is the current diminishing returns status and when they will return to full value. That might be pretty involved, but knowing values would certainly tickle me. (the DR aspect is my favorite aspect of the mod btw)
                            5. For me personally, the more information available the better. Sometimes less is more, but as far as trying to min/max and having access to all metrics/values would be really dope and fun!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@waffelbro

Thanks for the input!
                              I will have a release for v1.6 pretty soon, likely this upcoming weekend.

Because the menu can always be further developed, I will first introduce it in a more simple form.
                              Depending on what is needed/wanted I will append to the menu features.

• GelowRamos

GelowRamos What do you get if you multiply six by nine?

This mode works perfectly for me except when there is a special event (festivals). The game freezes for whatever reason. What do you think causes this problem?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@GelowRamos

I would need a log of some sort.
                                  Festivals have never been an issue in any of my versions.
                                  What other mods do you use.

• GelowRamos

Here's the error log:

[09:11:12 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
                                    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                    at Longevity.NPCClothing.SetNPCClothing(String npcName, String spriteName, String portraitName, Boolean eventUp, String path)
                                    at Longevity.NPCClothing.CheckNPCClothing(Boolean eventUp)
                                    at Longevity.Main.UpdateTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 46

Other mods that I use are AutoGate, GiftTaste Helper, Harvest with Scythe, NPC Map Locations, Shed Notifications, Slower Fence Decay and UI Mod Suite.
                                    Don't know if any of these are incompatible with Longevity Mod. :)

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@GelowRamos

I think it is a pretty simple fix,
                                      but because of the nature of this kind of issue, it should have affected anyone and everyone.

Could you tell me which event? Is it all festivals or just one?
                                      Also, what SMAPI and SDV versions are you running?

I'll see if I can recreate it after more info, then I'll apply a fix that should work to be sure.
                                      This will be fixed for you and anyone else in v1.6 coming very soon.

• GelowRamos

The error happened to me on Ice Festival and Winter Star Festival already. Haven't check other festivals.

Edit: Error also occured in Egg Festival so I think it would happen in every festival in the game.

My SMAPI Version is 1.9 and SDV 1.11. Thanks! Looking forward to the update fix :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
                                          RTGOAT likes this.