RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. lightbowser1

lightbowser1 Void-Bound Voyager

excuse @RTGOAT but its possible to make an "strange/weird season seeds bag" one that we get the rare forages items such as chanterelle,morsel and fiddlehead fern?

• KKarlsoNN

KKarlsoNN Void-Bound Voyager

Good job!

I'am assuming The DNPCD beta isn't, but is the new update savegame compatible?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Neppi

I'll look into it, this was a previous bug that should have been fixed many versions ago.
        Maybe I missed an exception somewhere.

@azurejpg

There are many errors in that log, many of which are for different mods.
        This looks like most are caused from your environment. I would look to reinstall SDV in addition to the mods you're using.

@fabio000

Join the discord to share this with the DNPCC team.

@lightbowser1

Possible, yes. Something I have time for in the near future, likely not.

@KKarlsoNN

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking? Is savegame a mod?
        Best way to check compatibility is to test it for yourself :)

• zsuszi

zsuszi Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
        • Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

@zsuszi You can just put this portraits in your DNPCC folders and rename it in the same way the others are. For more seasonal clothings you should perhaps ask the artist from the Front view Elliot mod or do it on your own, because the official DNPCC team won't work on other perspectives. There will be some hairstyle-edits later, but they all are based on the vanilla-portrait.

• azurejpg

azurejpg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I reinstalled SDV along with the mods I've been using. The SMAPI log doesn't seem to be indicating any signs of errors, but there are still no signs of the DNPCC showing up anywhere in my game. The MCM and other mods work just fine, however. I might wait until v1.6.7 comes out and rewatch installation videos to see if I missed anything while installing the mods. Thank you for continuing to reply and help me out whenever you could, I really appreciate it. Best of luck to you and the other hard-working members for the Longevity mod!

RTGOAT likes this.
            • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@azurejpg

We'll get you up and running, don't worry :)
              I'll be releasing a video within the week to go through installation one step at a time.

• KKarlsoNN

KKarlsoNN Void-Bound Voyager

Your right the best way is to check is to test it myself, however I'am concerned that it might break my save, or it might not break it at first but cause some problems/incompatibilities down the road. A backup of my save would solve that situation. I'am near the end of fall, first year.

What I'am trying to get across is, if you know of any problems that have the possibility of happening, if i apply Longevity 1.6.6 to my Longevity 1.6.5h save. Not saying you should or have to, but some other mod authors state weather new updates to their mod will break (or be incompatible) with saves using older versions of that particular mod. ex: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-version-october-17th-10-17.623455/. I understand if you don't want to or just do not know. I'am assuming the changes from enabling/oping-into the DNPCD beta will cause problems, but maybe not.

I recently stated a new job and have been working alot. So i haven't been setting time aside to play PC games or to test your fine update to the mod.

Thanks again for your great service!!!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
                • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@KKarlsoNN

I appreciate the kind words :)
                  I will specify, if ever, when an update will break mods using a prior version of Longevity.

KKarlsoNN likes this.
                  • Derppo

Derppo Orbital Explorer

Hi , i have question with the MCM mods, does rice and cotton can be converted to cooked rice, sake and Cloths?
                    I've tried to cook the rice and loom the cotton both failed. sigh.. there goes my dream to open a sushi restaurant.. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Derppo

I plan in the future to do some things like this.
                      Allowing rice to be put in a keg for sake, and a few other pending ideas.

Longevity doesn't just focus on adding items without reason.
                      I want to make items feel more unique beyond the name, look, and price.

I believe they should be separated into different classes that have different strategy mechanics; similar to how sodas in Longevity were implemented.

• Neppi

Neppi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there a quick fix for it? These animation stops are really taking away the immersion in the world, because after speaking to the frozen animationsprite the character returns to his standard sprite, which looks bizarre sometimes. The only fix which is working is to disable the DNPCC, which I obviously don't want to do :D

• Mopzorn

Mopzorn Void-Bound Voyager

Wish I had a solution, but I only just discovered this mod too! I hope tomorrow's version will have a bugfix for the frozen animations. Can't wait!

Hopefully I can get it working with Farm Automation Item Collector. The 1.2 patched version seems to work with traditional crops, but I don't know if it will function with the More Crops mod.

On that note, the new Farm Automation doesn't seem to work with SMAPI 2.0

Will the next version of this mod require SMAPI 2.0, or can I keep using 1.5+?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Neppi

I will have a fix release tomorrow on Monday to address this.

@Mopzorn

The versioning of the mod should be able to use previous versions of SMAPI.
                            The manifest was updated to allow compatibility with SMAPI 2.0, but nothing more.

As far as compatibility with other mods, I couldn't be sure as I don't support any other mods when progressing.

• yarpirate0920

yarpirate0920 Aquatic Astronaut

Really appreciate this mod. It's so nice to have at least a bit of challenge in the game.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.6.7:

*To opt-in the beta, simply set "DNPCD_BETA" to "true" in the Longevity Configuration file.

*If you're updating, be sure to keep your Data.txt file. If you're new, follow the instruction in the text file name [This is necessary for DNPCD].
                                *You must do this for every update if you overwrite your files with the default setup.

Changes:
                                • NPC animations should now work again!
                                • NPCs should now use their DNPCC content during cut-scene events.
                                • Lemon saplings can no longer be exploited for infinite gold.
                                • Index errors for updating the inventory with some items present should no longer be an issue.

Release Timeline:

• Installation walk-through video (Before v1.6.8)
                                • [v1.6.8] - This upcoming Sunday (October 29th, 2017):
                                  • ONE OF THE BELOW:
                                    • Relational dialogue: Dialogue that Abigail will use depending on the players relationship with; Sam, Sebastian, Pierre, Caroline, Robin.
                                    • Marriage dialogue: Dialogue that Abigail will use during marriage with other triggers.
                                  • Bug fixes, optimizations, and dialogue typos.

Download: Longevity v1.6.7
                                Previous Version Threads: Longevity v1.0->v1.2 | Longevity v1.3->v1.4
                                Discord: https://discord.gg/5mwwh8w

Feel free to PM me your thoughts, suggestions, or feedback.
                                Thank you!

IronZelly and Seismothesaurus like this.
                                • Neppi

Neppi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you! Really looking forward to the new dialogue for Abigail :) You are doin' a great job!

I have a little suggestion: It would be very nice to be able to config the taxes. I loved the difficulty in the first year but it is getting easier and easier and I would like to increase the taxes (income and fix taxes). Would be nice to adjust that in the config :)

• Derppo

Derppo Orbital Explorer

I'm really confusedo_O. the richer people get, they tend avoid taxation more:facepalm:.. i guess you're the only one that wanted to get taxed more:lod:

• craziej2k

craziej2k Big Damn Hero

Hi, been using your mod for a few days now and I've noticed this error comes up in SMAPI after playing for a while:

[16:04: 38 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the PlayerEvents.InventoryChanged event:
                                      System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                                      at Longevity.Price.UpdateInventory()
                                      at Longevity.Main.InventoryChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, T
                                      EventArgs args) in D :\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 65
                                      [16:04: 39 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the PlayerEvents.InventoryChanged event:
                                      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, T
                                      EventArgs args) in D :\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 65
                                      [16:04:41 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the PlayerEvents.InventoryChanged event:

Is this gonna cause a problem in the future or can I ignore it?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Neppi

Not likely to happen anytime soon.
                                        If needed, I'll look into scaling further.

@craziej2k

Are you using the newest update?
                                        This should have been addressed in it.