RELEASED Longevity: Dynamic NPC Clothing

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Oct 29, 2016.

1. RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I'll contact the author and see if we cant get it in.

Sweet! :)

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

I love how it looks! and the way you edit his hair with the hood on it's a wonderful detail. Just one thing... which program are you using? saving the image I noticed that the pixels have... color degradation? I don't know how to explain it... the colors are not "solid", the jacket, for example. The original one have 4 tones of blue (5 with the light blue for the "J") but your edit have a lot more. Maybe it's not a big deal, but I think it would look better fixing it.

I hope you'll be working making more edits for Shane! :)

Pd: I know it's a bit more of work, but sprites matching the portraits will be wonderful too! :D

• Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you very much! I'm happy you like my work. :D I use Photoshop, but I'm pretty sure it's not the fault of the program, but rather that I painted sometimes without having the pen on 100% opacity. So I have new colour-variations in it. I also thought it's not a big deal, but if you say it would look better without it, I can work over it again with the original colours.
        I also plan to add some sprites, but I have to try a little bit with it, because I never worked at such a small image until now. xD

Ailin likes this.
        • Tewth

Tewth Aquatic Astronaut

Attached Files:

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

I made something for winterstar and flower dance.

Jas_portrait_Winterstar.png Jas_sprite_Winterstar.png Jas_portrait_flower_dance.png Jas_sprite_flower_dance.png

I think all villagers should be wearing the flower dance outfit... I mean, even if the game doesn't show it I suppose all of them (or most of them) will dance at some point, too... and why aren't the bachelors and bachelorettes already changed? They dress up there, in the middle of the forest? That's a bit weird and has been bothering me a little xD

Now I'm thinking of something for spirit's eve, but I don't know what to do. Maybe a generic outfit, like a witch? Maybe a refference, like Alice in wonderland? (because she likes bunnies)

As always, let me know your opinions!

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I definitively agree that NPCs should be wearing the flower dance outfit. I even dress up my character with Get Dressed to match, but everyone is wearing the same clothes as always. So lame :(

Ailin likes this.
            • Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

That's a wonderful idea! It makes the events a little more special. I'm still not a fan of the original Jas-Face, but your edits are really, really good!

Ailin likes this.
              • eonothem

eonothem Void-Bound Voyager

Love the work you're doing so far, Ailin!

Ailin likes this.
                • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Once the dynamic NPC clothing mod is a bit more complete, I think I'll have to remove my modded villagers and revert everyone back to vanilla just so that I can use this mod. I like what I see in this thread so far.

Ailin likes this.
                  • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I'd just like to add my list of intentions for the day so they don't collide with anyone else's current plans. I started a blog where I talk to myself about what I'd like to accomplish and hopefully follow through on and this mod has become part of it so I thought I'd share. My idea for Jas is to make her hair color brown rather than the unnatural looking purple hair. I offer this amongst all other work pertaining to this project to the original author to do with as they please. I'd also like to provide a .tif file for others to edit to their liking once I put everything together.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Is any of these the Jas you're looking for?
                      I also found this thread. It seems interesting.

Also, what's that SunDrop Village project? I can't find info on it anywhere.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
                      • Androxilogin

Those are awesome mods -- Outskirts Collaboration was the thread.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Ah yes, the quicksand thread. :D

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

Thank you so much! I know what you mean, when I first saw Jas her pigtails looked weird to me... that's why I wanted to make some designs with her hair down, but truth is now I'm used to her vanilla aparience, she's so cute. :3
                            Thank you so much! :D
                            It's fantastic you like it that much! It would be great to have more artists working on it, I loved this mod idea since the first time I saw it and it's a pitty it's progressing that slowly.
                            Ow, I'm still not so good with english, I don't understand the second phrase... I can make a brown hair version for all my Jas edits if it is what you want.
                            Also I taked a look to your blog and the SunDrop Village thread, it sounds really interesting! I don't know anything about programming, but I can try to help with pixel art if you're needing artists. :3

• Androxilogin

I've already gone to work on the Brown-haired Jas and got through most of the sprites while separating the hair to new layer so I should be about done there. I don't know much about programming either, to be honest. New locations shouldn't require all that much work to get going but there are also others who create SMAPI mods interested in helping in this project so it should all come together. Pixel art is a must! It's going to take a lot of work so anything you can contribute would be just fine. Right now I'm focused on a house interior and the inside of the mall- which is actually a lot of rooms to work with at once. So anything would be helpful. I'm pm you a Discord link.

• jacknurse

jacknurse Void-Bound Voyager

I pitched that idea since launch. I expect royalty cheques in my postbox by the end of the month.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

If only it had generated revenue to give you royalties!

jacknurse likes this.
                                  • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Bah. The problem is HOW do I go back to using my vanilla characters when I keep finding these adorable mods? I blame the Stardew Valley Discord.

Alvadea and jacknurse like this.
                                    • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I can say that my current play-through with longevity is awesome. NPCs changing their looks to certain events has added an awesome level of immersion.
                                      It would be nice to see this aspect applied to all NPCs rather than the current few.

If you haven't seen my small replied post (its in one of these topics), I will be giving the player control of "Dynamic NPC Clothing"'s triggers in the next update.

Meaning, you can apply any sprites/portraits that you want to any of the supported triggers.
                                      (For example, if you have two skins for an NPC but want to use them both, you can have them both apply during different times)

While this gives players full control over the changes that will take place in their game; I plan to continue on working with artists to create a base/default setup for this mod.