RELEASED Longevity: Dynamic NPC Clothing

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Oct 29, 2016.

1. RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I think their speculation was less about 'pointless' and more about making sure that clothing remains true to the character.
    The only issue is that the perception of these characters is interpreted differently.

Do what you would like for artwork; I love it all so far. I'll hold a vote for which work sticks
    when I release. (If there are enough votes to keep it, I'll create conditions to turn off and on so both parties can be happy)

Harzelora likes this.
    • Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

really nice! I think the summer style really fits him. :)
      I think you're saying that for my comment... if that's so, you misunderstood me, I've never say that have Sebastian in winter clothes are pointless, in fact, I've said that I like your artwork, its just that its difficult to ME picture him wearing a coat, and as @RTGOAT says, we interpreted him different. For example, I don't think about him as a goth or dark, but as a depressive guy who lives in a depressive basement, without a real father and thinking no one understand him, and that won't makes you goth. As far as I know, ConcernedApe just decribes him as a "rebellious loner"

Really, if my comment offended you, I'm really sorry, just was giving my opinion based in the information we have about the character, and just to make sure you all understand my point, I see him as the kind of person who has a hight resistence to the cold (I have a friend like this and she wears tank tops in winter (I'm not saying sebastian should be like this))

Anyway your art is really good, so please, don't hate me xD
      after all I'll update with my winter Jas on a few hours, maybe, so you can get your revenge then ;)

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

Ok, here it is. Now that I finished the hat I feel like it could be more cute xD
        Now I need go to sleep, I'm looking forward to read your opinions!

Jas_portrait_winter_indoors.png Jas_sprite_winter_indoors.png Jas_portrait_winter_outdoors.png Jas_sprite_winter_outdoors.png

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
          Roth, Ulithium_Dragon, Beon and 6 others like this.
        • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Ailin Don't think so hard on it all. It is just a friendly exchange of ideas; don't be afraid to stand by your thoughts :)

As for your artwork, it is lovely (I assume that this is indoor/outdoor; or those are at least your desired intentions for it).
          If you're ready to have this implemented, send me a pm attached with the packed xnb file for both portraits and sprites. (I'll make an additional post to show off the in-game implementation)

UPDATE FOR MOD :

I'd like to wait for a few more submissions before creating a release.

I will hold a little voting poll to gather the community's input on artwork going in.
          I'll make further choices after the results a poll comes in.

If up to me, I would put in all artwork that would have an on/off option in configuration (all art changes or no art).
          For those that have disagreements with specific sets, I may do more in-depth configurations to customize which artwork is applied.

IronZelly likes this.
          • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm following the progress of this mod religiously.

• Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

Same.

eemie likes this.
              • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I love Haley's version on your avatar! Did you make it? I don't think I've ever seen it before.

Harzelora likes this.
                • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Minakie you need to be religiously following @Harzelora's thread about portraits

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I will now X3

Harzelora, Ayriee and eemie like this.
                    • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Harzelora's work is amazingly good!

eemie likes this.
                      • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

When this mod is finished, I'm going to throw a party! Everyone is invited!

[​IMG]

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I cant wait to show up! Just need more artwork :)

• Boneberry

Boneberry Space Spelunker

@Ailin - OUCH...
                            ...I am really sorry, I actually wasn't any offended. I think I should've worded my post properly, took absolutely nothing personal. .___.' (I just thought you were being a bit literal and found that really funny because it reminded of that true story.)
                            And I took your opinion to heart (it was very useful, I got an art block by the time I uploaded that preview), I'll show up the later edits on Friday.

And I won't judge you at all, I scared you for nothing. u-u The only thing I may pin point in your winter!Jas would be purple or pink coat. Mainly because, for whatever reason, I feel like red coats are coming all over. But that's a small, quick suggestion.

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

yes, it is indoor and outdoor. I realize that I probably don't need to edit all the sprites, but I don't know which ones she uses and which not, like the jump rope in winter, so, just in case xD
                              I'll give you the .xnb when it looks... perfect and fabulous *dramatic pose*

Yay, that's a relief! We can be besties now! hehe
                              I'm expecting your artwork! ·w·

I wanted to make Jas's coat something like magenta to variate a bit her palette, do you think she looks better like this?
                              Jas_portrait_winter_outdoors...png Jas_sprite_winter_outdoors...png
                              or maybe another tone of pink?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I like both! But I'm artistically simple I suppose :S

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

Well, we have to choose... and there will come more decisions, this weekend I'll post some edits, I'm not really happy with my autumn attempt, though... needs more work.

By the way, what do you think, should we leave her original outfit for spring or summer?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

If I had to choose myself, I would say that her outfit is more spring like, but you're the artist.
                                    I value your input on your creations most.

Cant wait to see what you've got coming up!

• Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

I my option your Haley could also be a very good winter-version with this pullover. I would love to see your work in this mod. ^^

• Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

No way ! She'd be too cold ! The sleeves are half short and her neck is exposed. I think it'd be more of a spring outfit tbh. :nod:

Thanks ! It's funny that you mention it since I'm planning on making my portraits compatible with this mod.
                                        But I'll start working on that only when my mod is finished.

Alvadea and Karmylla like this.
                                        • Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

Ok, here I am with more work, please give me your opinions

This one is for summer, I left her pigtails at first, but then I wanted to try something different and now I can't choose xD
                                          Jas_portrait_Summer.png Jas_sprite_Summer.png Jas_portrait_Summer2.png Jas_sprite_Summer2.png

Next is a swimsuit, with two different sprite ideas
                                          Jas_portrait_Beach.png Jas_sprite_Beach.png Jas_sprite_Beach2.png

And finally, fall. I don't really like the first one, so I left the sprites aside and started a new design. If you like it I can finish the sprites, though
                                          Jas_portrait_fall.png Jas_sprite_Fall.png Jas_portrait_fall2.png Jas_sprite_Fall2.png

Any suggestion about change colors, clothes or hairstyles are welcome :)

Aeshie, Yoseiri, Beon and 8 others like this.