Long pause?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoddog, May 30, 2019.

1. hoddog

hoddog Void-Bound Voyager

Whenever I enter or exit a building or someone's house, there is this pause (?). For example, you don't enter and exist smoothly, but everything just kind of pauses and freezes for a few seconds and then the game starts running again. Can someone help me with this? Is it because of my mods?

• Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm on mobile and sometimes it crashes when entering a building or transitioning areas after hanging as you describe, occasionally with some stuttering movement first, so I think it's just a bug. Might wanna submit to the support forum. For me it's been rare enough I've just ignored it even though it's sometimes lost me some fairly significant game-time.

Seems to always happen when I'm on top of my game holding where I want to go, so I think it's trying to put the player on a tile offscreen during the transition that hasn't been loaded yet. Something like that, I dunno.

hoddog likes this.
      • MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

It could be mod related. For example if you use Seasonal Villager Outfits (especially as part of a large mod list and/or with an older computer) there will be some delay on switching locations. Some changes are being made for SMAPI for the next major release to help with that.

hoddog likes this.
        • hoddog

hoddog Void-Bound Voyager

Oh ok. I do have that mod installed. Maybe that's the problem. Thank you!