1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Logs for Special Monsters

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Treadlight, Nov 7, 2014.

?

Should this be included in the game?

1. Yes, absolutely.

87.5%
  2. No, not at all.

12.5%
  1. Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I've found that there aren't enough monster logs to include all of the monsters in the game. I'm almost certain the ones left out are for the monsters with unique encounter requirements. I feel these monsters deserve logs.

If I'm remembering correctly, this includes Acrid, Providence, those unusual temple guards summoned by Providence (name?),the Gilded Wurms, the Direseeker, the armored boars found in a secret place (name?), and the tiny boars (name?).

A log for the White T-Shirt would be nice, too.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    • Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Yea this game doesn't have that much lore explanation. You could throw in providence sword as well.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Is that from later in the fight? My best fight against him died during the shadowy-figure phase thing.

• Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Nope, it's just a cool sword that tore a space train apart.

• ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

Providence has a log though.

I assume if Acrid gets a log, each character would have to get a log as well given how Acrid is a playable character.

Blighted Providence (the shadowy providence from the 3rd phase of the fight) would just be providence using the Shattered Mirror (since he uses other items you can pick up like ifrits horn)

The guilded worms have a monster log that drops but there's no entry for them so i have no idea why that is.

Treadlight likes this.
            • Grunni

Grunni Void-Bound Voyager

I think the idea Excavator was working off of was that Acrid is the only playable character that you can also fight as an NPC, so it'd be the only one of the playable characters that gets a monster log. However, Acrid is found in a crate from the UES Contact Light, so Acrid is not a native creature of the planet and doesn't really deserve a Monster Log in my opinion.

Neapolitan Shark likes this.
              • Zawisza

Zawisza Astral Cartographer

Theoretically speaking so is Scavenger, and it have a log. So does Imps in fact (which I believe are not from the planet either) and Ifrit (see his log for details). As far as Blighted Providence shouldnt really have a log, Uber Temple Guards and Glided (tamed magma?) wyrms should. They are in fact beings separate to Bulwark. Also, why Tiny Imps have logs but Boarlets doesnt? That really bothers me.

Bughunter and Treadlight like this.
                • rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

I don't even play RoR and I fully support anything even vaguely resembling collectibles.
                  I will enjoy my vicarious high from your collective monster almanac.

Treadlight likes this.
                  • Zawisza

Zawisza Astral Cartographer

This. I made somewhere a suggestion about it too. Logs on survivors would give so much more to the little bit of lore we have on the game, its actually amazing Hoopoo doesnt thought of that yet.

Treadlight likes this.
                    • gufufu

gufufu Space Hobo

"I think the idea Excavator was working off of was that Acrid is the only playable character that you can also fight as a Non Playable Character"
                      i lol'd at that
                      but
                      ur argument is valid