1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Logistics Frigate Reborn v4.5c v. Spirited Giraffe

Logistics Frigate Reborn

1. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat Pangalactic Porcupine

Not 100% sure if I am understanding your questions, the colors are all just different paint for the hull of the ship purely for look.
    As for an Avali style class of ship, if your asking could I make one? It would be unlikely as the art for (Logistics Frigate Reborn) is not my own.

2. graycatgrayhat

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

"clean-up updates" are best updates.

4. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi all, @Scorpion567 Style, preference, Choice .... other reasons. Its like buying a really nice car and wanting it in a color other than its basic model. =)

5. Scorpion567

Scorpion567 Subatomic Cosmonaut

so i can chose the colour?

6. graycatgrayhat

Yes just copy the two color images from the folders here
    ***\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\LogisticsFrigateReborn\extra\colors

paste them in to the RACE(should be renamed to a real race name) folder when it asked to overwrite just accept.[DOUBLEPOST=1434046598][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I would love to see it when it is done of course and maybe link to it for the final release?[DOUBLEPOST=1434046792][/DOUBLEPOST]In the case I might have confused people I asked for a name change from "DarkRadience" to "graycatgrayhat". DarkRadience has a few different persons using it, so a google search brings up a handful of work that is not me.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  7. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat updated Logistics Frigate Reborn with a new update entry:

v2.1 v. Spirited Giraffe "Dead Man's Switch"

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1434049505][/DOUBLEPOST]@Old_Crazy_Gamer I still have plans to release a No View Port Edition with the final v3.0 I do think other will use it as well.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    Old_Crazy_Gamer and lazarus78 like this.
  8. graycatgrayhat

I considered the original work abandoned, and would love to see LFR used in any other projects as I stand by community work and sharing so feel free.

9. graycatgrayhat

Ahh that is to bad, yea that fine line between acceptable and not is hard to place for some works.

10. graycatgrayhat

Dang wonderful work, looks great so far when it is complete I would love to link it on the main page.

11. graycatgrayhat

v2.5 v. Spirited Giraffe "Dead Man's Switch"

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. graycatgrayhat

I have to say, the layout changes are well thought out, in fact that is making me question changing them in the final version or making some of them at least.

Old_Crazy_Gamer likes this.
  13. graycatgrayhat

I might have just broke my brain, with the info that @lazarus78 gave me and seeing both of your works I think a bug I have been trying to weed out might be related to the image size ratio :( and I was ready for v3.0 release when I (lazarus78) noticed it. It is one pixel off, everything is and right where the two images meet up, it can be seen... mahahah

14. lazarus78

If you need/want me to fix it up, I'd be happy to. :rofl: I need something to do.

"It" being any or all of the variants of the ship.

15. graycatgrayhat

v3.0 v. Spirited Giraffe "One Pixel"

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1434084176][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have started v4.0 that will include the fix plus other needed changes(your images are the base), I pushed v3.0 for the time.

lazarus78 likes this.
  16. lazarus78

Your download link doesn't work.

Also, I got bored. Fixed up the Avali ship. Included a Tier 4-8 compatable structure file as well. I'm sure you've figured out that those tiers are all the same. :rofl:

The more I do stuff with this ship, the more I like it.

Also this...
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Ancev Caine likes this.
  17. lazarus78

Not necessarily you. The ship images, as I'm sure you know, were split because the game can't deal with the whole ship in one image, but the image resolutions were just much bigger than they needed to be. Also, the doorways were off by a pixel, which in this game is noticeable and mildly infuriating to me. :rofl:

I also included the "lit" overlays so the ship hull isn't pitch black when there is no light near by, and also it makes the ship bridge computer screens "glow" as seen in the image I posted (But orange for your ship).

Ancev Caine likes this.
  18. lazarus78

I included a ship structure file. Open it up in notepad or something and take a look. Its really simple.

Basically a ship has 2 layers (4 for this ship since it's 2 parts).

The first later is the base one. It has a tag "fullbright" which makes it... bright. Basically lighting doesn't effect it. It is always illuminated.

The second layer, the "lit" image, contrary to its name, will mask off everywhere you DON'T want brightness, meaning it is dark when no lights. For ships, this includes the rooms and some of the hull. The hull portions of the "lit" image are made transparent in order to make it semi-lit, otherwise it would appear all black from no light. Cus, when you got a good looking ship, you wanna see it, don't you? And you just erase portions where you you want something to glow, IE the screens on the bridge, the trim lines on the Hylotl ships, etc.

19. graycatgrayhat

Yea @lazarus78 pointed out that the original though very good was under refined and could use many changes size, ratio and alignment. I missed all that myself but was more looking to get it working for the new game version(s) and less to rebuild it fully, though now that is the goal of v4.0.

20. lazarus78

And im a sucker for doing technical things like that... so I did.