List the Top Ten Games You've Ever Played

Discussion in 'Games' started by OCracks, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Prolet

Prolet Void-Bound Voyager

In order:

1. Doom (Ultimate + Doom2, I consider them the same)
    2. EUIV
    3. Tomb Raider
    4. Pro Pilkki 2 (Ice fishing simulator - ~1k hours played. I'm crazy, I know)
    5. Hotline Miami
    6. Tomb Raider 2
    7. Age of Empires 2
    8. DayZ (Original Arma mod)
    9. World of Tanks
    10. Worms Armageddon (Only multiplayer)

Honorable mentions: Minecraft, Starbound, HoI3, Deluxe Ski Jump 3/4

2. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Not in order:
    -Diablo II (I played that game so much)
    -Chrono trigger (an other old game :p)
    -Skyrim (game the most played on steam)
    -Tales of Maj'Eyal (second game the most played on steam. I must love dying... ...)
    -Starbound (third game the most played on steam)
    -7 Days to Die (I hope the Alpha 15 will be for soon, also... fourth most played on steam)
    -Killing Floor (fifth game the most played on steam)
    -Undertale
    -Oblivion
    -Kerbal Space program (I can't wait to get a new computer to play it correctly...)

Also, I used to play a lot of Terraria and Minecraft.

You are talking about heavy rain I think :p
    Risk of rain is a pixel game where you kill monster when searching for a portal.
    Random items, a lot of effects, a lot of death...
    Not in my list but still a really good game.

I remember that one...
    What a damn story... and the feels... :rofl:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  3. Tedwin-knockman66

Tedwin-knockman66 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1: A.I.M. (Mechaminds) 2002
    2: Team fortress 2. 2007
    3: Armed and dangerous. 2003
    4: Serious sam first encounter. 2001
    5: Unreal. 1998
    6: Kerbal space program. 2011
    7: Starbound 2016
    8: DayZ (2012) 2016
    9: Euro truck simulator 2. 2012
    10: Paper's please. 2013

4. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

1: TimeSplitters Future Perfect

2: Skyrim

3: Dishonored

4: Stardew Valley

5: Harvest Moon

6: Pretty much every Super Mario game

7: Pretty much every Legend of Zelda game

8: Worms Mayhem

9: Worms (Good old 2d, including armageddon and world party)

10: Starbound

5. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Let's see. In no particular order:

Diablo 2
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Fable II
    TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
    Starbound
    Dragon Warrior
    StarCraft
    Kirby's Adventure
    Donkey Kong 64

Lil' Mini likes this.
  6. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Aye, Super Mario Bros. 3 is without doubt one of the best of 'em, and the version of it that came along with Super Mario All-stars to the Super Nintendo was even better

Also, a fellow timesplitter vanquisher, quite rare. :proper:

Pangaea likes this.
  7. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Actually I'm going to make a change. Although a fantastic game and one of the ones that got me into gaming in the first place I'm removing Dragon Warrior and replacing it with Knytt Underground.

8. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

In no particular order, my games are:

Chrono Trigger (SNES Version, I have it on my emulators)
    Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe (PC Version, with the unofficial patches and several good mods)
    Starbound
    The Sims 3 (With all main expansion packs in physical disk form and a bunch of mods/custom content added)
    Star Trek Online
    City of Heroes
    (Now long dead)
    Fallout 3 Game of the Year (PC Version, with the unofficial patches and several good mods)
    Mass Effect
    Garry's Mod
    (With a lot of different addons)
    Final Fantasy VII (Play Station version, Again on my emulators)

9. Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

From the fave series.

Harvest Moon- (More) Friends of Mineral Town
    Ys- The Oath in Felghana
    Legend of Zelda- The Minish Cap
    Stardew Valley
    Legend of Zelda- Ocarina of Time
    Story of Seasons
    Rune Factory 3/4
    Golden Sun/ The Lost Age
    Fire Emblem/ Sacred Stones
    Tales of the Abyss

10. Sprvrn

Sprvrn Title Not Found

Chrono Cross
    Persona 3
    Xenogears
    Spelunky
    FEZ
    Virtue's Last Reward
    Journey
    Starbound
    Final Fantasy 7
    To the moon

not ranked, but Chrono cross is my favourite game!

11. Qndrez

Qndrez Pangalactic Porcupine

Mother 3: tearjerker RPG, great story, great soundtrack.
    Super Metroid: Great atmosphere, non-linear feel, like you're actually exploring and not just following a predecided path.
    Legend of Zelda: best 3D is Ocarina of Time, best 2D would be Link's awakening.
    Age of Empires 2: 3 was disappointing, smaller maps, less use of terrain (you can walk right through woods), walls and forts collapse like nothing. In AOE2 you could build an impregnable fortress and it was awesome.
    Final Fantasy VII: story is just okay, but it's the first game i really noticed the music in, got me into soundtracks.
    Cave Story: best free platformer in existence.
    Super Smash Bros: Great party game, i think Brawl might be my favorite, melee and SSB4 are strong contenders.
    Mario Kart Double Dash: Another great party game, and IMO the best of the Mario Karts (though, i've put many hours into 64 also).

I'm-a stop the list at 8, these are all i've got that i find truly exceptional.

EDIT: Wait, Audiosurf is a great one as well. Nothing like playing to your own music.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  12. Katkill

Katkill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1. Morrowind with mods
    2. Diablo 2 with mods
    3. GTA Vice City with mods
    4. Half Life 1 multiplayer
    5. Kingpin Life of Crime
    6. Postal 2 with mods
    7. Daggerfall, no storyline stuff, just dungeon grinding
    8. Operation Flashpoint with mods, had a lot of fun with built in editor
    9. Men of War Assault Squad with mods, no missions or multi, just creating complete chaos in the editor
    10. Rome Total War with, hold your breath, game modifications
    Excluded Amiga 500 games because I can't remember them that well. Turrican 2, some James Bond top-down shooter and a first person Ferrari/Porsche racing game.

13. Ren Fox

Ren Fox Big Damn Hero

Some Random Titles that might be on the bottom of my list or the top. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • 80 Days
    Roguelike (sorta) where you're a butler for a rich British dude who wants to the travel the (steampunky) world in 80 days (Like the story by Jules Verne). 10/10 narrative. IM SORRY MONESUIR!!! I NEVER SHOULDVE BOUGHT THE TICKETS FOR THE MECH!!!

• Wayward Souls
    Top-down pixel Indie Roguelike that focuses on skill, rather than luck. Great soundtracks, art, and lore. And pets. AND HATS LOTS OF HATS

• Dungeon of the Endless
    Again... Top down pixel indie Roguelike... But it's also a Tower Defense, RTS, RTM, Sci-Fi Comedy, Dungeon Crawler. If managing criminals to explore rooms and set up defenses while they complain about elevators is your thing...

• Undertale
    10/10 game that you already know about

• Starbound
    9/10 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ game that you already know about.

• Bastion
    Indie... Amazing OST! Amazing Story! Amazing Visuals... Ok gameplay.

• Team Fortress 2
    Bonk. Silly Hero Shooter with lots of customization and features. <3 Pybros

• Terraria
    Should explain this one too?!

• Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    American Localization / Port of Monster Hunter Freedom 2 with bonus content. Kinda grew up with it. Only MH game with Dual Daggers having SEPERATE effects.

• VainGlory
    Can't put it down. 'Hands down' best MOBA for mobile. I've been playing it since it came out, and it's probably the most beautiful multiplayer game on mobile. My MAIN IS TAKA #stopnerfingtaka

+Minecraft and Call Of Duty... but everyone thinks that they're overrated garbage.
    Also Hearthstone is pretty cool.

14. OllyOllyBennett

OllyOllyBennett Cardboard Sword Developer

In no particular order:
    • Xenogears
    • Final Fantasy 7
    • Terranigma
    • Okami
    • Shadow of the Colossus
    • Mass Effect (whole experience combined)
    • Super Metroid
    • Battlefield Vietnam
    • Zelda - A Link to the Past
    • Half Life 2

15. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Hidari's Top 10 Video Games of All Time

#10: StarBound -- A game that requires no introduction around here, this made my top ten. "But why is it not higher on the list?" you might ask. Please understand that I've played a ton of games, many of which are also great games, and I could not fit them all on this list. I love Sci-Fi, Space Exploration, action and platforming, puzzle-solving, and creative sandbox stuff. This game has all of that, and then some! Much love and many hours sunk into this game.

#9: Undertale -- Another game that requires no introduction around here, from what I've observed. RPGs have been a love of mine for a very long time, and this game puts a fantastic spin and differing outlook on the RPG formula. I'm hoping there will be more games running in the same vein as Undertale in the future.

#8: BlazBlue (Series) -- An HD, 2D fighting game, and a guilty pleasure of mine. Action aside, this is one of the few fighting games I've played that has such a deep and wide-spanning storyline. Peppered with drama, comedy, fourth-wall breaking outtakes and side stories, and a ditzy catgirl in a hoodie, this game has sufficiently settled in at a cozy spot in my top ten.

#7: Pokémon (Series) -- This is the first game I scraped and did odd jobs for money to purchase on my own, so I have a different level of appreciation for this game than most of the others on this list. I'm glad that the game's story and mechanics in a wonky world filled with tamable monsters and mafia were as good as they were back in its humbler Gameboy Red/Blue/Yellow days, and over the years they just kept getting better, if not dizzyingly deep and complex. Even Pokémon Black/White threw curveballs at me by blatantly pushing the concept of the morality of subjugating semi-sentient creatures to do your bidding. Although a few of the choices the development team for Gen 7 have made make me scratch my head, I'm hoping that the game itself continues to challenge me and teach me something new.

#6: Super Metroid -- Sci-Fi Space Exploration. Action. Platforms. Puzzle-solving. What it lacks in creative sandboxness it makes up with STUPID AWESOME POWERUPS AND HIDDEN ABILITIES! Crystal Flash! Plus, Metroid was well known in its early days for having one of the few female protagonists that players could assume the role of.

#5: Chrono Trigger/EarthBound -- What's this?! Is this even allowed?! I don't care; it's my list! When I was ranking this list, I couldn't really figure out which game to put at #5. Both are RPGs with a lot of character and a great story. Both games have influenced and even inspired other games in the RPG genre, shaping how modern RPGs are constructed (Undertale, I'm looking at you as my prime example!). Both games involve Sci-Fi and exploration elements that I enjoy, and both sets of characters have crazy and fantastic powers at their disposal. In the end, I love them both equally. They both deserve to be in my top 5.

#4: Monster Hunter (Series) -- The only thing I can say that keeps me coming back to this franchise is the fact that it got the formula right the first time and kept improving upon it consistently. With a slew of different weapon types, it's the epitome of what a game ought to be: play it how you want to play the game. You want to use a stupid huge sword? Ok! Do you want to take "epic game hunting" a little too seriously? Hey, here's a bow, go nuts! The difficulty curve is pretty high, but once you understand the system and how to get around the game's own mechanics, things get exponentially easier and you can enjoy the game's true storyline: You are a hunter. There are monsters. Go hunt them.

#3: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past -- And now we go back to something a bit more retro, but still familiar. A lot of people battle back and forth as to whether Ocarina of Time was better, or A Link to the Past. I chalk it up to personal preference and which one the individual played first. In my case, it's LTP all the way. Exploration, Action, Fantasy, fighting dragons and monsters--it was one of the few games I went out of my way as a kid to complete 100%. I would then later go on to replay the game again and again. I eventually got that shiny "0" next to Link in the character selection to indicate that I beat the game in a single playthrough. I loved the game. That. Darn. Much.

#2: Megaman X (Series) -- A little real talk? Megaman's my hero. I loved the little blue robot and his dog so much, I named my own dog after his. I've played every single game in the series, and it's difficult to pick which one is my favorite amongst them. After much internal debate, I noticed that most of the games in this series I had ranked highest were among the Megaman X line. Aside from the obvious Sci-Fi action platform and exploration elements (and AWESOME POWERUPS AND SECRETS), I have just that much nostalgia and memories of good times playing the games. I remember how Zero had me questioning whether he was a guy or a girl and my weird and sudden fascination on whether or not robophil--know what? Nevermind. o///o

#1: Final Fantasy (Main Series) -- I have spent. Too. Much. Time. On the Final Fantasy games. The first one I played was 3/6J, and I have my own top ten list of Final Fantasy games, too. I have played all of the games in the main series, even the MMO ones, 11 and 14 (currently still playing 14!). All of the stories, and watching the lore/legends being built over the years has been a real trip for me. I can't even adequately explain why I love this series so much, but the numbers won't lie: I've played Final Fantasy games far more often and for longer periods than any other game out there, and there's some real competition.

Honorable Mentions
    Super Smash Bros (Series)
    Tales of Phantasia
    Legend of the Dragoon
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    Harvest Moon
    StarCraft II
    Overwatch
    Mario Kart (Series)
    Contra
    Kirby Super Star
    Donkey Kong Country
    Xenogears
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (Series)
    Ace Attorney (Series)​

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  16. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

1- Dark Souls
    2- Shadow of The Colossus
    3- Freelancer
    4- Half-Life 2
    5- Il-2 Sturmovik
    6- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
    7- Hitman: Blood Money
    8- Arma III and/or DayZ
    9- Battlefield 2 Project Reality
    10- Burnout Revenge actually, Kerbal Space Program

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  17. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

In rough highest to lowest order.

Dark Souls 2
    Bloodborne
    Dark Souls 3
    Dark Souls 1
    Halo 3
    Castle Crashers
    Fallout 3
    Borderlands
    Arma 3, particularly organized ops.
    Starbound

18. Hawaii11

Hawaii11 Orbital Explorer

In no particular order:

Goldeneye (N64)
    Monster Rancher 2
    Suikoden 2
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Earthbound
    World of Warcraft (played it when it first came out and it was great)
    E.V.O. (Super Nintendo)
    Halo 2
    Diablo 2
    Dungeon Hack (PC)

19. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@Hidari please keep in mind that some people use the dark forum theme. It is pretty hard to read your post with the dark theme. :nurushock: Please use the normal font color instead :nuruwink:

Regards
    Iris Blanche

20. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Technical difficulties. Had to dig into bbCode to fix. All good nao! :catface:

Iris Blanche likes this.