List Of Useful Things We Want In Future Updates

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xenon_thenoble, May 12, 2016.

1. Xenon_thenoble

Xenon_thenoble Void-Bound Voyager

1. Calender . we need a calender, not just in perrie's shop but in our inventory too. (already a mod for this) :laugh:
    2. Show worth of items in our inventory. (already a mod for this too) :DD
    3. Multiplayer cuz please :) FAST ASAP :rainbowbarf: :pfff:

I just feel like these things are really important and should be added in future updates. Feel free to share your thoughts. :nod:

farmvillesux likes this.
    • barbieshangover

barbieshangover Star Wrangler

You can buy a calendar from Robin's shop to put in your house. I know you can't carry it around with you everywhere you go, but you can check it every morning.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Multiplayer's on the way. It's not being developed by ConcernedApe, however, and no one's stated an end date for its development. Better that it take longer and be done right, than done quickly and crash, though.

• barbieshangover

barbieshangover Star Wrangler

I still can't quite see how multiplayer will be done and haven't read too much into it. Does your friend just come and help out on your farm? I can't expect you can be neighbors with your friends, there would be too many new farmers in that case. The only thing I would think would be cool about multiplayer is if you could marry your friend instead of a towns person. I'm excited to see what comes of it though.

NikkSword and Pudassassin like this.
          • NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I would assume it would be like a Facebook Game- You can visit your friends farm and go in their house to see all their stuff, talk to your friends spouse and kids, water their crops, feed their animals, send them gifts and receive gifts from them.

I think it would be cool if you could marry your friend. And if your friend is online, go into the mines (or if you both have opened it) the Dungeon to fight together.

barbieshangover likes this.
            • Xenon_thenoble

Xenon_thenoble Void-Bound Voyager

I have played game like FarmVille2 which have multiplayer co-op. In that game your friends can give you supplies and items or trade with you. They put several quest for online competition like 'farmer of the week' and many more. And visit each other farm to help them farm. I hope these things comes in stardew valley too.
              And marrying your friend is nice idea but that's not possible, maybe.

• Ailsaek

Ailsaek Subatomic Cosmonaut

:cry:I want a grain mill. All this wheat, and no way to turn it to flour.

MrToni300 likes this.
                • CharmingOwl

CharmingOwl Space Spelunker

I also would like to see the worth of items in my inventory. And on the social tab it would be nice to expand the NPC information to see what they love/like/dislike...
                  It's all in the wiki, but belongs in the game menu because there are no logical hints in the dialogs for this.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Flour and sugar mills are confirmed by CA as being added in 1.1. Presumably wheat --> flour and beets --> sugar.

• Ailsaek

Ailsaek Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hooray!

Roughly when are we expecting 1.1?

• Ghroznak

Ghroznak Space Hobo

Is multiplayer even on the agenda for this game?

I realize it's a single player game and quite fun one at that, but would it be feasible to have multiplayer where, for example, 4-8 players can play on the same server and each one occupies a farm surrounding the main village?

I know it's a bit of a pandoras box since once you have more than one player how do you show the progress of the museum donations, the improvements to the community center and so forth... that would require some tweaks as well... and it quickly snowballs into other stuff.

Anyways, would be fun to have two players with separate farms, or even two players working on the same farm where tasks can be distributed... one person waters the fields, another clears out trees, rocks and debris, or tills new fields.

Alot can be added through a multiplayer experience, but as with everything... it does take some thinking ahead.

• RichieJS

RichieJS Poptop Tamer

Putting those icons into the GUI would be coding intensive, but a work around would be hints placed via Graphical items in houses and more NPC Dialogue box interactions.
                          I prefer the dialogue option as the code for the "mouse over window" would be more time intensive.
                          The coding for the dialogue boxes would seem to be less difficult with Project Management and Update prioritisation. I like the mystery of learning different Characters likes and dislikes via interactions. Wiki, of course, is available, and many different Char like/dislike graphical spreadsheets available for min/maxing hearts.
                          In the Jurassic era, we had to make rough notes guess and hope for the best, but that was of course before even HM SNES in the early 2d days of Lucas Arts and Monkey Island on a Commodore 64. "Boggle".

Great ideas though Charmingowl Im sure we will see both considered seriously

• AdmiralCatbuns

AdmiralCatbuns Space Spelunker

Yeah, It's in the works.
                            Just think of it as being able to be in two places at once. You're not getting two farms or twice the money. I hope all players'd be on the same farm, perhaps in different houses, perhaps in the same one. Separate wallets would be nice- you'd both have your separate experience towards farming levels. One player adept at mining, the other at fishing. Stuff like that. At least, that's what I'm hoping we get. I don't want it like FarmVille where you just visit and give them stuff (that wouldn't even make sense for this type of game), nor being like animal crossing where you only get to visit. I want to share a farm, share a town.. something like that.

• Allenb60

Allenb60 Orbital Explorer

It would be nice to have the ability to remove the gold/silver quality star off of your items, it is just really inconvenient when the extra value doesn't change its use (for example using an item for crafting) and just causes three different stacks of the same item to form

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

That's not one thing I expect ConcernedApe to change. He takes a kind of whimsical pleasure in creating, for example, three different poppy seeds, all of identical quality, but different color. Just my opinion, but I think he likes forcing us all to use extra slots and craft tons of chests. He probably sits drinking with Jas into the early hours of the morning, cackling over his nefariousness.

• MrReddiculous

MrReddiculous Void-Bound Voyager

It'd be nice if we could make notes on our calendar! To plan things ahead and don't forget them in the end (happens to me a lot lol)

• Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

I think something that could upgrade the quality of items (namely crops and forage) would be really great, too. Of course, though, not just anyone should be able to have access to it. Then it would be too cheaty. At the very least, it should probably require a very high farming skill to craft, like 9 or 10. People could think of it as a reward for reaching such a high skill.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I'd like there to be new uses for farm animals. Milk, eggs, wool and stuff is great but where's my steaks. I'd love to see ways of processing animals after raising them along with new cooking recipes rather than just selling them off. Make ranchers legit.

• YDVitamins

YDVitamins Poptop Tamer

Yeah, totally! Robin, where's my Abattoir upgrade? Get ready for some new crafting recipes too, like Cattle Stunner and Blood Trough!

Wink.

Personally, I'd like it if there was an event where we could take our most choice animals to a grange fair as an event, and get them scored (as the mechanics stand now, it'd just be on love hearts; but if we could feed animals quality crops or certain dishes food from time to time that might affect things like appearance as well). A greater diversity of farm animals to take would make it much more interesting. I'd love to, for example, see some exotic beauties like alpaca or peacock that are rare and pricey to buy, perhaps from a travelling merchant instead of Marnie. Although I wouldn't mind tossing a cow into a machine so a little bubble pops up to tell me that my veal steak is done, lol.

• Allenb60

Allenb60 Orbital Explorer

That was a feature, it was called butchering, but it got removed for expected reasons. There might be a mod or something for adding that but otherwise it isn't happening... https://twitter.com/concernedape/status/691463371535708160