List of updating suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Messenwerper, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Messenwerper

Messenwerper Space Hobo

Alright, i've seen this game on pedguin when he played it pre release, and I fell in love with it. I wanted to play it too, but unfortunately i've got like anti buy parents so i couldn't buy the game. I suggested it to my friend and be bought it, he isn't into singleplayer but he really loved it. Then he bought it for me, i was like really, really happy to hear that and i got addicted to the atmosphere and the characters immediately, today i also let my other friend buy it and he loved it too, we're
    all playing it now waiting for the 4 person multiplayer update, and we also got some suggestions. This is a long story but here's the list:

Suggestions:
    1. Randomized clothes, like in summer they wear shorts, shirts and maybe even a flower in their hair and when someone goes tanning, he or she wears a bikini or swimming trunks and lays down in a chair at the beach instead of standing there for a while, making a little detail for extra atmosphere in the game.
    2. Maybe add a large forest for hunting animals such as deer, and a whole load of animals.
    3. An option that you could upgrade the town a little, making a better place of it, removing litter around pam's house for example and make a better road for the city to walk on. You have to gather items so Robin will work on it to upgrade the town bit by bit.
    4. More events like a thief that comes rarely and steals an animal, a crop or something.... but also a small whirlwind that removes some crops from the ground.
    5. A new skill: painting. I'm talking about making paintings and to sell them or hang them around your house. A new skill, making another way of earning money. A silver star is a good painting, and a golden star a legendary one thus selling more. You could paint diffrent paintings according to the area you're in for example: if you start painting in the forest with an easel, you'd create a natural landscape of a forest that's on your painting. The paintings are random and the time to make one is a small minigame just like fishing. You won't be able to make your own paintings but there are pre made ones that you randomly "paint"
    I'm not really far into the game, becouse I only have had it for a few days but I will keep updating this post. Thank you for reading and leave your suggestions here too so that I could add them to the list.
    (P.s. sorry for any spelling mistakes or anything, English is not my native language.)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    • The rotting food would require a reworking of the community center bundles and the end game achievements. Go look at the crafting and pantry bundles in the community center.

• Messenwerper

Messenwerper Space Hobo

That's true but you can just deliver the not yet spoiled food to the community centre so it's extra challenging, once you place it inside the bundles it's fine and you gathered it and it doesn't spoil in there becouse you gave it to the aliens.

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

imagine trying to get 5 of a starred item in there. Don't want to spoil much, but that would make some of those things take even longer than they do already.

Plus that mechanic I can not agree with in this game. That would make things too time limited and be more of a nuisance or troubling.

I would feel bad if my display fish rotted away, since it was the first fish I ever caught. And all that food I was saving for cooking because I have not expanded my house yet... Seems like that sort of mechanic would make it more frustrating when the game is suppose to be somewhat relaxing... I guess I have a different perspective when comes to relaxing.

Quite a few other good ideas, although unsure about the town improvement one, as that is touchy. What I mean is that people have a different view on what "better" would mean for doing that for the town. cleaning up pam's yard seems like one I wouldn't mind, although can't really say much on the road bit since it is already easy to move around town; minus horseback troubles. However there are plenty of ideas out there on this very topic going in so many directions. I like some and dislike some, but can't like em' all. :nuruhappy:

Regardless the thing we most can agree on is the game is quite enjoyable. :nuruawe:

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

The different clothes sprites would be nice, but as for food rotting, naaahhh. And hiding things like Lewis's purple shorts would be a bit weird, considering there's kind of a reason that the shorts are where they are.

The things to make the game more 'challenging' just seem more unfair to me. There's nothing you can do about someone stealing your animals or a tornado, so it'd be best to leave out that kind of frustration in the game. In my opinion, anyway.

Tamorr likes this.