List of Community Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Khaosius, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Certainly a fair statement, and stifling discussion is absolutely the last thing I want to do. The issue remains, there's no good way that I am aware of to accurately record an idea's popularity aside from how many people may or may not say "I agree!" across up to 5, even 7 threads on the same subject with some of those posters being the same people. If there was a voting mechanic where people could up/down vote beside each idea, that'd be idea but I don't believe these forums have that capacity.

EDIT: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/test-thread.108844/ If so desired by enough folks, I can port the entire suggestions list into a poll like this thread. This way people can vote for what they support. However, there's no way to 'downvote' an idea. However, when ideas are added and people want to vote for those ideas as well, 'change your vote' removes your entire selection, and there's over 200 ideas....

EDITx2: There's a max number of poll answers, so this doesn't work.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    • TheLoreSeeker

TheLoreSeeker Phantasmal Quasar

You'd have to split it up into multiple groups and poll that way.

• Slick-Elbows-Moi

Slick-Elbows-Moi Void-Bound Voyager

It sounds like you're trying to do 2 jobs. There's updating/maintaining the list, and the track record of the most popular ideas. I only commented on how the list of community suggestions is unsourced. I don't know where the ideas came, who said them, or whether they were refined in the discussion or not. Hyperlinks to the relevant threads would be one solution to that.

Then there's gauging the popularity of the ideas. This sounds pretty important to you, Khaosius. Since polling is off the table, how about getting a weekly discussion thread stickied? You've already created a blueprint for what we can talk about in the structure of the Community Suggestions List! The first thread could be about gameplay suggestions, then next week we focus on animals, then buildings, etc. That way each week we can talk about what's been proposed in a controlled place, and stickying the thread gives some stability and visibility to one thread.

EDIT: I'm going to (later tonight maybe) try out my own suggestion about citing stuff to see how it works out. Y'know, to not be a jerk about it. :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
        • pronkyou2

pronkyou2 Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like to mention that the list sections should have subsections, like Quality of Life, Balance, Design Change, New Feature, and other differences in prioritization. It's starting to get long and disorganized. Feature popularity doesn't matter to the dev cycle, it's about cost analysis: Impact/hours worked

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

The citation part, I really don't care about; "WARNING: Some of these suggestions have been outright copied from other posts and some are 'original' from me. However, with the number of suggestions and ideas that have been had by more than one person, I do not honestly think it's possible for anyone to have an 'original' idea. Thus I refuse to take credit or 'ownership' of the any of the above suggestions, and would suggest that others do the same. All 'ownership' of suggestions does is hurt feelings and hinder game improvement. This thread is purely for the sake of seeking game improvement and communicating with the Dev. If you have any issues with anything posted here, please send me a PM, we will involve a Moderator, and mediate outside of this thread. Thank you." Where the ideas come from doesn't really matter, nor should it, as it's the idea itself that matters.

As for weekly discussion thread, that's actually not a bad idea. Splitting it up by section or subsection for full on discussion might have to be next avenue of approach with the rate that this is growing. However, I do not have the ability to sticky a post, nor do I know what qualifies to be stickied.

@pronkyou2 I know, I was thinking about subsections myself. As for popularity, I don't presume to know what CA thinks. ;D

• Budzilla

Budzilla Subatomic Cosmonaut

This list is an absolute mess. First off half of these suggestions are things that have been suggested by maybe one or two people, and in no way represents what the majority are interested in. There needs to be a way to see the highest voted suggestions or the ones being talked about the most, like say, sticking to each suggestion having their own thread maybe? And second, they are just bullet points, it is much better to see an in depth conversation about each suggestion specifically.

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

I'm sure it's been said but:
                This doesn't prevent save scumming. If someone is going to do it they won't mind having to reopen the game, it takes like 20 seconds.

It likely won't be implemented as an official update either way as alluded to by ConcernedApe's reddit post here on the subject.

Budzilla likes this.
                • Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

If you think you can do better, by all means, feel free. At no point in time did I allude that there was any method of gauging the popularity of any of the suggestions aside from a few personal annotations... which has actually been the discussion for a few posts now. If you had bothered to read that instead of just wildly bashing everything, maybe you would have seen that... However...

1.) Each suggestion having it's own thread has already been considered and rejected. If you looked at the list, there is over 200+ ideas. Having 200+ threads stickied is absolutely ridiculous.
                  2.) Each bullet point represents to the best of my ability and knowledge the general idea in detail.

You have literally just reiterated what we have been discussing. Furthermore, in consideration with the rest of your presence on the forums, I must ask that you refrain from posting in this thread again unless you have something directly new and constructive to comment. Failing that, I will involve a Moderator for mediation as I do not feel your posts are in any way, shape or form constructive, positive or put forth any means of progression. I will not have this thread turn into a flame war.

Mm. It certainly looks like it will be a while in coming if it does at all. However, since I've seen multiple people post about it, I will remove the save-scamming comment but keep the suggestion itself since it IS highly requested.

• ADominion

ADominion Void-Bound Voyager

Hi most suggestion are very interesting, i specially support the one which state that artisan goods and cooking should have a quality depending on the ingredients quality.
                    also the quality for basic crop should not too easily reach (gold) or (silver), to get the max quality the use of "fertiliser" and farming knowledge (lvl) should be needed. (for example: impossible to get golden crop without fertilser which improve quality)

but the main purpose of this message is to actually make a suggestion concerning the T.V and kitchen.
                    there is the regular tv and the plasma but there is no difference between them :(
                    in some harvestmoon game there was optional channel that could be accessed only when you get a better TV.
                    regular TV:
                    channel 1 weather info
                    channel 2 stardew info (give info about farming/fishing/festival)
                    plasma TV:
                    channel 1 weather info
                    channel 2 stardew info
                    channel 3 cooking tv (give cooking recipe)
                    channel 4 shopping tv (enable online shopping) //can buy cooking tools to upgrade kitchen (rolling pin/oven/mixer/frying pan) or furniture for house

the kitchen is a bit sad because you need to upgrade the house to get it, and when you do get it, it is allready fully packed, there is no progression.

of course this is just an idea, anything that would make more progression and fun toward cooking and kitchen. and make tv more usefull would be great.
                    maybe some program could be aired only at certain time of day or certain day of week. (in harvest moon mineral town there was like 10 tv program)

also there should be some way to know the npc liking and dislike. by talking to them we should get hints, by reading their diary, etc...

• rendezvousx

rendezvousx Void-Bound Voyager

Horse Mini-Games and Festivals - The horse is flippin adorable and it doesn't have much use besides being a source of transportation and waiting for you to ride it again while eating dirt. There should be a horse race festival where you can race your horse against other horses, say owned by people in other towns. Your horse's speed would be based on it's affection towards you by brushing and feeding it grain. The racing mini-game could be the player spurring the horse on with a whip at the expense of a 'carrot' at the bottom of the screen, max carrots correspond to how affectionate and healthy your horse is. There could be a racetrack somewhere in the game where you could practice.

Horse Recolors Although there are mods, I think the horse recolors should already be provided in game so that when your get the horse stall built you'd never know what you're going to get. But there could always be an option to sell your horse and buy another horse.

Horse Breeding Chance from your horse to get pregnant (from the imaginary stork that seems to be present in the barns) and you could either sell the foal or train it up for the race festival in the next couple of years.

Other Horses In Game Firstly, I have no idea where Robin got the farmer's horse from (did she steal it?). Other horses should be present in the game, maybe seen in Marnie's farm. Shane could be that rude dude who's incredibly competitive about horse racing.

Brushing We should be able to brush our barn livestock, such as cattle, sheep, etc. You purchase a brush from Marnie, whip it out and brush your horse, cow, sheep, etc and get the typical cute heart icon in return.

Male/Female Animals If slimes can do it, why not our animals? The presence of a male animal is what provides the chance of your animal getting pregnant, complete with a slightly rounder cow, sheep, etc. Chickens provide eggs regardless, but having a rooster around would maybe increase the chance of getting an egg with a chick? The male counterparts could be slightly bigger, and look a bit more masculine.

Livestock Recolors Same as the horse recolors. You can already buy cattle from Marnie and randomly get a brown or white cow, I'd like to see other color options implemented into the game without the use of mods.

Livestock Affection Livestock should have ten hearts

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
                      • TheLabyrinth

TheLabyrinth Void-Bound Voyager

I really really want to see more decorative items for the farm.
                        Some bushes here, a table and chairs there, couple of potted plants and trees and flowers, and boom, patio.
                        Some other examples for items: Boxes, barrels, wooden cart, bird bath, milk cans, trellis, statues, decorative rocks.
                        I loved having all that stuff in the latest Harvest Moon games.
                        The crafting would be like: Potted Tulips = clay or wood, fiber, tulips. And you could also buy them from the traveling merchant, Robin, and maybe different festivals.

• Budzilla

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

• Budzilla

Yeah, and having one single thread with what will end up being hundreds and hundreds of posts is an even better idea! lol you've gotta be kidding me. This thread is only useful for one thing, and that is to list all the ideas in one convenient place. It's a horrible, horrible place to discuss each suggestion in depth and detail, as it's going to turn into a giant mess.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
                            • Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Awesome, thanks for your support on the quality idea.
                              As for the TV, I agree it would be nice to have some distinction. I'll add that!
                              Kitchin progression I have to disagree with. There's only like... two items, the stove and the fridge, and the rest is cabinetry. I don't understand what kind of progression there could be? Elaborate a little please. :)

1.) I agree, there should definitely be a racing festival.
                              3.) It would be interesting to have more than one horse. I don't see why not. Maybe sell them for a high price?
                              5.) o_O I thought I had this in the list already. Added!
                              6.) Animal breeding should definitely be in this

• Kit Ballard

Kit Ballard Tentacle Wrangler

In some of the newer HM games, there's different prep areas to make the food, like "counter" for salads, Pot for stews, that kind of thing. I don't mind SDV's personally.

• BJDware

BJDware Space Spelunker

I Would love to see a lot of what is listed ingame.
                                  But the main ones i would like to see is from the buildings section, #4 & #5.

"Building Movement - Allow for the movement of already constructed buildings at the construction stop. Perhaps same price, but severely discounted materials cost"
                                  "Building Placement - Allow placement of buildings on top of animals/pets/grass. Currently we have to run all the way back if something is in the way, and by the time we return to the shop, they might have moved right back where they were."

It is my biggest gripes when it comes to my farm.

I LIterally just faced these and within 70 hrs of playtime.
                                  I Placed my first silo early on in the game, then realized later on that these buildings cannot be moved once placed. The silo was not placed in an optimal manner, it needed to be moved. So i found myself having to demolish. Then build another.

After some time, once resources was gathered, i went to rebuild, i ran to the carpenter in such a rush, knowing that she was soon to close shop. I Made it there in time, but alas.. a single bush had popped up within the designated spot. I raced my horse as fast as the little thing could gallop back, just to remove the pesky bush, then all the way back to the carpenter. I Arrived just as she left the counter.. ;_;

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
                                  • Lunaril Moonflower

Lunaril Moonflower Void-Bound Voyager

• BJDware

BJDware Space Spelunker

I Honestly thought that this kind of topic would warrant being sticky.

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Why is this not stickied? Beats the same suggestions being posted over an over like I was about to until someone linked this OP along a similar line.

Taweret likes this.
                                      • Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Sorry I'm not keeping up with this guys. I'll update it in in a couple of days, I've had some IRL stuff come up I need to deal with. Thanks for keeping it current. <3

Also, I'm going to start linking mods to the suggestions